PD missed a trick not releasing a GT7 companion app

• Thread starter shenfrey
  • 14 comments
I forget the showcase even exists. GT sport I was constantly checking out peoples designs and scapes because it was at my fingertips wherever I went.

I forget the showcase even exists. GT sport I was constantly checking out peoples designs and scapes because it was at my fingertips wherever I went.
Just do it in browser..

Screenshot_20240314_103336_com.android.chrome.jpg

You could save the web page as it's own icon on your home screen. It would then function exactly how an app would anyway.

Win win.
The sites janky. The app was built into the software frameworks of the phone so you could take it full screen, pinch to zoom, etc not to mention it was less cluttered because it wasn’t a web page.

The sites janky. The app was built into the software frameworks of the phone so you could take it full screen, pinch to zoom, etc not to mention it was less cluttered because it wasn’t a web page.
Most modern apps are literally just a wrapper around a website. Your phone browser can do full screen, it can do pinch to zoom.

Nah, I’ll take an app thanks
I dont like apps for stuff that is available directly on a website.
Apps have a tendency of doing extra stuff, mostly just "consume extra battery" for no other reason than being an app.

Also on websites I can use custom.css to change the style (if I find it necessary for any reason, like "hiding" adds).

Most modern apps are literally just a wrapper around a website. Your phone browser can do full screen, it can do pinch to zoom.
Except the web page doesn’t. At least not on the showcase page. You get a tiny window to view the contents

Last edited:
Whilst functional, it still feels inferior to the GT sport app. So I’ll remain strong in my desire for an app to be released at some point.
They're never going to release an app but I do agree with your sentiment that the experience is superior.

Back