• Thread starter RacinLei
  • 28 comments

RacinLei

(Banned)
Germany
Germany
Leiwulong
The problem is:

We open a lobby set Bop, choose Sf19 and we cant choose it because the game say nitros prohibited. But there is no nos to install or even uninstall.

Please Pd fix this. This problem is there since release.

The problem is:

We open a lobby set Bop, choose Sf19 and we cant choose it because the game say nitros prohibited. But there is no nos to install or even uninstall.

Please Pd fix this. This problem is there since release.
The car has a push-to-pass system which is treated in the same way as nitrous.

Just set maximum power, minimum weight, and tuning prohibited.

@Push_Pull

Do you tried by youreself???
Bop is not working in open lobby for Sf19 no metter what you set. Bop on, tuning on/off nitrous grayed out ergo not working. Bop off you cant change tuning because grayed out.

Please guys try it before post something.

@Push_Pull

Do you tried by youreself???
Bop is not working in open lobby for Sf19 no metter what you set. Bop on, tuning on/off nitrous grayed out ergo not working. Bop off you cant change tuning because grayed out.

Please guys try it before post something.
Absolutely correct. There's nothing at all we can do to put BOP on and tuning off for the car. I've tried every time there's an update for the SF19 streams and it's not been changed since release.

The overtake boost option in correlation with BOP and tuning selection is the problem. Only Polyphony can change this.

@TJC_69

Thx m8, finaly one who expiriance it by youreself and mention it in every Sf19 stream and post a comment and not like other post blind something to post something…

Last edited:
1st
for an even race
And 2nd
To prevent the crying kids after 5 laps and a 30sec gap who yell afterwards its only the tune, its only the tune….

1st
for an even race
And 2nd
To prevent the crying kids after 5 laps and a 30sec gap who yell afterwards its only the tune, its only the tune….

But if you want an even race then you should be doing what famine suggested and restrict the weight and power in the race settings, that way everyone is forced to use the same car. There is no point in using bop with this.

@TJC_69

Thx m8, finaly one who expiriance it by youreself and mention it in every Sf19 stream and post a comment and not like other post blind something to post something…
As a lobby host I know all too well about the current limitations with what we can and cannot do in game. And yeah I always mention in stream how it needs to be fixed. You're super fast on SF19 Bopped or unbopped, always a pleasure to race you and try to keep up 🤣

If you remember the last time that GT7 had the SF19 racing for Nations, it was bopped there. They did have the issue with the rebuilding boost which they did fix.

But sadly it is still not possible to BOP and have no settings changes permitted as the overtake/nitrous option gets greyed out and is the sticking point here.

Be nice if we could though, I love running these cars.

@TJC_69

Yeah thx m8, always fun in your gtsport bop sf19 lobbys with you. Was way nore intense.
They should remove all the gray stuff like in gtsport and add more Sf19 stuff for dailyrace a-b-c. Im not really into nations or manufacture

Such a simple fix, with great results. It should be the decision of us how we open a lobby. Who cares what we set.

Last edited:
This is concerning, just tried myself and yes, there is no way to run SF in lobbies while enforcing fixed setups.

I have a SF race in a few weeks coming up in a league I run, need to have a plan B if this is not fixed.

This is concerning, just tried myself and yes, there is no way to run SF in lobbies while enforcing fixed setups.

I have a SF race in a few weeks coming up in a league I run, need to have a plan B if this is not fixed.
This is what Lei was indeed saying. Playing GT Sport made myself, and maybe many others, enjoy racing with equalised set ups. Plus alot of people don't have the time to spend hours perfecting the fastest one possible. Polyphony haven't finished with lobby settings tweaks yet, I'm guessing. So maybe it will be possible in the future with an update.

Soon ™️

Plan B….

Go online, open a lobby, set 2 person, private and choose Track, equal weather on, then the most of them seems windless. Real grip, real slipstream.
Tires-fuel, Max penalty, abs and what needed. Dont touch nitros let how it is, no bop…(@least for Sf19)
Then open and go to car settings and choose a blank setup page.

Closest to prep for Races i think ;)

Last edited:
Plan B….

Go online, open a lobby, set 2 person, private and choose Track, equal weather on, then the most of them seems windless. Real grip, real slipstream.
Tires-fuel, Max penalty, abs and what needed. Dont touch nitros let how it is, no bop…(@least for Sf19)
Then open and go to car settings and choose a blank setup page.

Closest to prep for Races i think ;)
Yeah but the problem is that there's no way to enforce that other people in the lobbies use a default setup. Anyone can tinker with their setup without the lobby host having the slightest idea.

The fact that the game categorizes the SF's overtaking system as Nitrous is the trouble here.

@Guffaluff

U ask for preping thats why only 2 person and private. Naaa noone will go for blank setup, they say it but there will be always the one who tweeked the car…..
And thats why it needs the fix. Bop on tuning off nitrous like we want/need

Last edited:
I too would like to disable this option for use on the 800PP Sardgena race. We can use the other open wheel cars with some detuning.

Why use BOP if you’re racing one make? What is there to balance 🤷🏻‍♂️
The point is to lock out tuning, as in tuning suspension, gearing etc and enforce that everyone is using the same, default setup. That's not possible with SF in lobbies.

If you disable tuning, the lobby wont allow you to run SF because of "Nitrous". The game sees Super Formula's overtaking feature as nitrous, and therefore as "tuned" cars.

So it is not possible to run SF lobbies unless you keep tuning open, and therefore you can't enforce that everyone is using stock setup.

The game sees Super Formula's overtaking feature as nitrous, and therefore as "tuned" cars.
Because it uses the same button. So I feel that PD won't change it for that reason. All I could suggest is that you BOP and not have the overtake button as a consequence.

Because it uses the same button. So I feel that PD won't change it for that reason. All I could suggest is that you BOP and not have the overtake button as a consequence.

Doesn't work like that. If BoP is on and tuning is off, then you can't enter the track on a SF car because of the overtake function, which the game takes as nitro. There is no way to disable/remove the overtake function from the cars.

Therefore, there is no way to enforce a fixed setup lobby with SF cars.

Weird thing is that gtsport is no prob to race bop and gt7 is more or less a copy paste titel, so how they could mess this up?
Or even dont look into it after 9 month?
Poor QA!

Doesn't work like that. If BoP is on and tuning is off, then you can't enter the track on a SF car because of the overtake function, which the game takes as nitro. There is no way to disable/remove the overtake function from the cars.

Therefore, there is no way to enforce a fixed setup lobby with SF cars.
Ah o.k. I didn't know that.

Over 9 month old thread and over 1 year, finaly pd maybe realise there is a problem.
So much to QA 🤣

And btw please fix the untouched setup sheet for sf19. 1400 frontwing with 2000 rearwing drives like a brick and turns like a school bus with controller. Go back to 1400 front and 1800 rearwing.

Hello PD, you fixed the problem for daily race, can you do the same for open lobbys??? 1year and no bop for open lobbys

Last edited:
Back