PD really need to fix the discovery search

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magog
  • 21 comments
  • 1,557 views
Why does it load only one day at a time???? Load everything since the game was released and let me scroll through the pages. So frustrating. Let me sort by likes. Ugh.
Use a PC, or your phone/tablet.

upload_2018-8-13_13-39-17.png
 
You do know you can look back through pages and pages of stuff right to the beginning with the date tabs on the left of the screen @Magog
 
Yes but often you can only go back a day at a time. And you shouldn't have to use their website to get the best experience.

I don’t think it’s ever one day at a time, at least from what I’ve seen. It’s always been by the month or two.
 
I don’t think it’s ever one day at a time, at least from what I’ve seen. It’s always been by the month or two.

Depends what you're searching for. It's terrible regardless.
 
Yes but often you can only go back a day at a time. And you shouldn't have to use their website to get the best experience.

I dont use the website, i just use the game search and dosent it depend on what people label them as anyway, if they dont label em as what they are in the tags etc, we cant find them anyway.
 
I dont use the website, i just use the game search and dosent it depend on what people label them as anyway, if they dont label em as what they are in the tags etc, we cant find them anyway.

My point was that certain searches give a month of results at a time. Others only give a day. It depends what you're looking for.
 
I agree, it only shows recent stuff, I know there are some good liveries in the past that I can't dig up.
 
I just tried it on liveries and its going back almost daily by the dates it showing..like say 10th august, 9th august 8th august etc etc
 
I agree with the OP. The search function is about as bad as it gets. It makes me think they purposely made it like that in some twisted diabolical scheme. No reason for it to be that bad. None. Surprised this isn't brought up more often.

If you search car liveries, it cycles 1-2 days at a time. Decals about a week. I'm usually searching for hard to find decals and have to go back a ways, a long ways sometimes. Hitting "older content" a thousand times is highly annoying. Not like searching for naked cartoon women and red bull decals that are uploaded 10x/day.
 
It's not just month/day per page, it is odd bug if on first page nothing is showed, console just says when you go to next page that there is nothing. Then you do the same thing on PC and it goes through whole time period from beginning of service. And I don't really see need for time or any other separation, just list me on one page all the things there are and give me option so I can switch between pages (if more then 200 items are there) to do with L2 and R2.

Would be nice to have something like ? or * for unknown parts, there are some of the strangest naming I ever saw. for example if I'm looking for something I need to hit it with exact same name as one who uploaded gave it. That is stupid, what for is then search there?!?!
Couldn't there be something if for example I search for something that starts with car and is carshop or something, that I enter car? or car* in search, and it returns me back everything that starts with car, and doesn't matter how many words it has.

Also you cannot enter anything except small letters without any signs, I came across so many decals for example that had special characters in them, of course they are there, because when you upload something you can name it whatever you want (on PC) but cannot search it by same name!

And there are so many situations where I search for exact word, and there is nothing to be showed, then I find that thing and it has that word in one of the 3 search by boxes, but it simply doesn't show up!!!

I mean, how hard can it be to fix it and make it more flexible? How hard?!?!
 
I tried myself just a few minutes ago on the website, searching for liveries using specific tags I have used. No results, so I tried looking at older content, still no results but the date was only set back two/three days per click. Still the same if I only used one general tag to search for.

Also, on a side note, reposting hardly ever works for me as well.
 
The ingame search is trash. You search something a few time before stuff turns up. Best sticking to website.
 
It needs a filter to hide all the anime decals.

They could fix that for us by allowing us to upload decals higher than the current limit then people wouldn't have to upload so many
"bits" to make a character decal on a car.

In general though the current search functions are definetly needing a rebuild and of couse for those of us who like everything we need
an increase in the number of liveries we can bookmark as for every new livery I want to use I have to delete an old one since I hit
the livery limit centuries ago.
 
I wish you could sort by likes, downloads, most recent, etc. Searching a broad term could help me if it's organized by number of likes especially.
 
I've got no problem searching for stuff on my iPad or PC... Though I, too, don't get why PD doesn't make it work like that in the actual game as well.
 
I wish they add three evolutions :
- the ability to sort by popularity in the game, like they do on the website.
- when using the search function with more than one tag, the results should be tag1 OR tag2, now it is tag1 AND tag2, which is very restrictive and force to do multiple researchs with single tags
- add more tags. Not unlimited because we’ll end up with lists of unrelated stuff (like the # on instagram), but 6 would be great. 3 is enough for decals, but for cars it is too low to find stuff.
 
Back