"pd! Your game sucks!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...no..., don't go away yet. This isn't another thread complaining about GT5. There are a lot of complaints here, and I'm sure each is as valid as the rest, but I'm enjoying GT5 too much to really care.

This is a thread complaining about the complainers. Now, I'm sure some people have issues with the game. I'm sure some people feel ripped off.

My question is, why would said people come to a forum called GT PLANET, a forum for FANS of the series, just to tell us, the FANS, that our favorite game sucks?

What does it accomplish?

Why do people feel like the game should be made THEIR WAY, as if they're the ones buying all the copies of GT5 in existence?

Okay, so you paid money for what you think is a craptastic game. Guess what? You didn't do your homework. All the shortcomings of GT5 were pointed out within the first week in reviews on multiple websites. Some of us don't find these "shortcomings" bothersome at all, and we are enjoying the game.

Seriously, if you have a complaint about GT5, write to Sony and PD. No one in charge gives a hoot about what you say on a random forum. Why don't you just let us fans enjoy the game, and use the forum to discuss ways and means to better ourselves in our favourite game?

tl;dr Complainers go away. What you do is akin to telling hardcore Christians God doesn't exist and Jesus was a lie. Nothing will be achieved.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone here is a blind fanatic thankfully.

He has somewhat of a point.
The whole "OMG!" "I got ripped off!" threads get old quickly.

Ahem - As do the "stop complaining you whiner" threads.

^It's not about blind fanaticism or whatever. It's about making the forum a better place to visit and discuss ways to become better at this game...

I'm asking a very simple question: What does complaining on this forum achieve?

Answer: Zero. Nothing. No one's mind will be changed. PD will still do what they do. Sony does not even know you exist.

It's mostly people who were expecting the worlds greatest game and were angry when it didn't work out, hence the reaction. Then, they feel the need to vent so who else to do it on except the most loyal fans. I don't know, just my theory.

It's mostly people who were expecting the worlds greatest game and were angry when it didn't work out, hence the reaction. Then, they feel the need to vent so who else to do it on except the most loyal fans. I don't know, just my theory.

Ya know..., they could've just cancelled their pre-order when they read the reviews...

People DO read reviews before buying right?

Most of the complaints are from GT fans who have been playing the series for a while. We just expected a certain level of quality from the game.

yawn....IBTL!

I do not recall anyone here saying the game "sucks"?

Where have you been? There are tons of threads complaining about the game. Look around a little and I'm sure you'll find a couple if you want to.

Most of the complaints are from GT fans who have been playing the series for a while. We just expected a certain level of quality from the game.

Certainly, I get that some old-school fans were disappointed. I started from GT3, and I really don't have any problems with the game that would drive me to make angry posts on the internet.

Seriously, I've only been active for 5 days or so, and I've read 3 separate threads complaining about the shadows.

Ultimately, this is where we are now with GT5... Can we please just move on, so that those of us who do enjoy the game can do so peacefully? It's hard to find worthwhile info in the forums when it's flooded with complaint threads.

I was a bit disappointed also but the recent update has restored a little of my faith. The expectations were very high. It was a good game but if they continue to support it it will be a great game.

Getting old is a huge understatement. Yes the game isn't perfect, but it is a great game. That will seemingly be supported until 6 comes out. If you don't like it, then don't play it. Sell it, trade it, shove it up your arse if you like. But don't join a forum so you can rant to people and then disapear. I have a theory that involves people are just ass***** that will never be pleased.

Finally a thread anout complainers, they are sooooooo annoying!
Waaa wa wa this, waaa wa wa that ... arrgghghh!

Speak for yourself. Not everyone here is a blind fanatic thankfully.

And your an egoistic dude who thinks he is always right, does that sound right? I hope not, just making a point about calling somebody a blind fanatic without basis, a fan is not necessarily a fanatic.

yawn....IBTL!

I do not recall anyone here saying the game "sucks"?

Have you browsed through the threads? Obviously not!

I have been a GT player since GT1, And no complaints from me.

Yes, but a lot of the reviewers gave it a 100. Check metacritic if you need proof.

Yes, cause it is (100)! You simply disagree with the reviews, hardly anyone's fault.

tl;dr Complainers go away. What you do is akin to telling hardcore Christians God doesn't exist and Jesus was a lie. Nothing will be achieved.

And your an egoistic dude who thinks he is always right, does that sound right? I hope not, just making a point about calling somebody a blind fanatic without basis, a fan is not necessarily a fanatic.

Come again? :lol:

Last edited:
^It's not about blind fanaticism or whatever. It's about making the forum a better place to visit and discuss ways to become better at this game...

I'm asking a very simple question: What does complaining on this forum achieve?

Answer: Zero. Nothing. No one's mind will be changed. PD will still do what they do. Sony does not even know you exist.

I love GT5 but I have to admit, the complaining makes for some interesting reading.

As long as there are forums there will be complaining, there's no hiding from that. If there was no difference in opinions, what would people talk about?

I think the complaining has paid off. Just look at the massive update we got recently. It fixed quite a few things that bothered me about this game.

I love GT5 but I have to admit, the complaining makes for some interesting reading.

As long as there are forums there will be complaining, there's no hiding from that. If there was no difference in opinions, what would people talk about?

To further that, complaining gets more done than praising. Give respect where its due, but point out the faults so they can improve for next time. People complained about lack of credits/xp for online, we got that now. People complained about the FGT being too hard to find, we got that fixed now. Constructive criticism is productive.

I think the complaining has paid off. Just look at the massive update we got recently. It fixed quite a few things that bothered me about this game.

Yep, load times was one of them for many of us. Now to be able to go right back into each race with no loading at all is MUCH better. Plus the other update fixes and add on's.

What does it accomplish?

Most market research these days is performed through social networking tools, be it facebook, myspace, forums, whatever. You would be surprised howmuch information is gathered from these sorts of places. Why? because a person is much more likely to give their honest opinion of a product, IN DEPTH on a forum. If I buy a game, and I hate it, I wont take the time to fill out a questionair or write to the company, I will however share my thoughts of the game with others. Most people are the same, and producers realise this so market research teams do infact scour forums for feedback.

I like how when it comes time to give praise or ask for new features/give suggestions the forum is a great place to do it.

But if the feedback isn't positive, it doens't change anything anyway...

It's amazing how many of the changes in the recent update are exactly what people all over the net were asking for... it's amazing how Kaz himself said damage is in largely at the request of (NA) users...

As for read review first? To post that on this forum... the irony is so thick... this forum bashed the crap out of all the early reviews and discredited them... then which review do you believe? The 100/100 reviews or the 70/100 review?

And it would be nice if PD didn't put a review embargo until the day the game released out wouldn't it? And maybe shipped discs out early enouogh reviewers could actually get a review done in time for launch (dont gimme the "delay" crap... retail copies were in some peoples hands a week or more in advance - there were enough to ship a handful out to reviewers)... that's ignoring the pre orders from places like amazon and newegg who already shipped by the time launch reviews came out.

My question is where do people get off telling others that their opinions don't matter, shouldn't be voiced and they should just leave?

My question is where do people get off telling others that their opinions don't matter, shouldn't be voiced and they should just leave?

Sure they should voice their opinions, but every single day of the week? I think once or twice is enough. Any more and it achieves nothing.

Please, do stay by all means, but don't interfere with our enjoyment of the game.

I suggest that we start a sticky thread and just direct all complaints there. Makes the forum a much nicer place to be, and richer with information rather than whining.

Sure they should voice their opinions, but every single day of the week? I think once or twice is enough. Any more and it achieves nothing.

Please, do stay by all means, but don't interfere with our enjoyment of the game.

I suggest that we start a sticky thread and just direct all complaints there. Makes the forum a much nicer place to be, and richer with information rather than whining.

Wouldn't a sticky for praising the game be needed as well, then? I mean, it's the same all the time, as well.

In fact, there's probably less variety when it comes to praising then when it comes to complaining :lol:
Strangely, you never see someone requesting something like that.

Wouldn't a sticky for praising the game be needed as well, then? I mean, it's the same all the time, as well.

In fact, there's probably less variety when it comes to praising then when it comes to complaining :lol:
Strangely, you never see someone requesting something like that.

What is the point of praising anyways. You gave them money for it, so they got what they wanted. I mean people say things like give Kaz a break. Why? He is bloody freaking rich, I wanna make him work for his money. He deserves it, but I'm not here to make it easy for him.

You do realize that with the number of forum members once or twice each from 10% still is going to be many thounsands right? I think people forget when they read complaints they aren't just one person doing it over and over again...

And as for only do it once, afterwards it serves no purpose have you ever heard a crowd chant something over and over again? Do you suppose the effect would be the same if the crowd only repeated it twice and stopped?

Imagine an auditorium of people clapping... 3 times.

It's kind of a known fact that the more adament someone is about doing something, the more strongly they feel about it and multiple complaints show that it's not just a trivial issue to some people.

The forum has constantly had threads for negative opinions (which you would know if you actually looked around the frum instead of pop in and decide to tell us all how it is as if we haven't been here the whole time) and ironically generally the members do a good job of keeping those opinions in those threads... however members like you cant seem to resist popping into them to try and tell off the posters... ironic that.

Your logic is all faulty and full of holes, your demands are unreasonable and seslfish, your ideals are irrational and you are whining more than anyone else... the biggest irony is YOUR complaint will not accomplish anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back