Penalty System Fix

United States
United States
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I wanted to see what people thought.

Instead of forcing penalized racers to slow down in penalty zones, why don't they just add the penalty at the end of the race and adjust the placement accordingly?

It would have the same effect, only without the chaos that penalty zones create.

For example: Driver A finishes with a total time of 5:00 and Driver B finishes with a total time of 5:03. But Driver A finished the race with a 5 second penalty, so his total time becomes 5:05, placing Driver B ahead of him.

This is how it works on the last lap when a driver passes the penalty zone and gets penalized. They just add the penalty at the end of the race. I feel like this is a much better way to enforce penalties that having drivers slow down in the middle of the track, which just creates needless confusion and chaos.

Another method to enforce assigned penalties but not seeing the penalty system fix? Your method would work.

Is the penalty zones that much of a problem? I usually treat the ghosted cars as real and drive around because they will unghost at any time.

Nah, the only fair way would be the person who caused the accident to lose the same amount of time. I shove you away, you lose 10 seconds, 15 seconds. I get a 4-second penalty and you never see me again.

When penalty abusers are still on the track causing chaos... It's not a race anymore. Take the cheaters out of the race. The penalty system is so bad I had to either quit playing or find a defense against the cheaters. Daily Race A is a good place to learn.

Back