People who got out and are running around without adult supervision.

• Thread starter wfooshee
  • 7 comments

wfooshee

Rather ride my FJR
Premium
United States
Panama City, FL
Youtube and Facebook are full of posts from people that seem to have escaped from whatever care facility they've been in and are now running around free and unsupervised, a danger both to themselves and to others. (Tongue in cheek, by the way, in case the sarcasm got lost somehow.) Feel free to share here the things you've found from such people. I'll start with this one, a video making the rounds here about our nuclear power plant exploding.

The smoke cloud was from a well-publicized prescribed burn in the woods on Tyndall Air Force Base. We don't have a nuclear power plant here. Florida has five such plants, none anywhere close. There is one in southeast Alabama, over 100 miles away. Our local power plant is gas fired, and (amazingly enough) clearly visible from the bridge these people are on, had they bothered to look to the left.

It's also amazing in the commentary how people who don't live here are arguing with us and telling us how stupid we are for denying the facts! :banghead:

So what have you seen that makes you realize that there has to be a few of that certain kind of person out there to keep the rest of us so far above average?

I guess this is a mini-conspiracy so maybe it should go in the Conspiracies thread? Unless aliens did it, obviously.

She wasn't afraid of a conspiracy, she was so unbelievably drawn to an absolutely ridiculous assumption about what she saw. That's the point I'm trying to make, and asking for others to share similar. What do people say that just makes you wonder where they got that idea, how could anyone even come to such a conclusion?

This is supposed to be fun, not a scientific analysis of some social phenomena. I'm just asking to see what you all have found that made you wonder how any reasonably well-informed person could actuly believe what they're saying.

Maybe it belongs in Rumble Strip instead of Opinions and Current Events.

There will have to be a mass exodus from social media or we're doomed.
I don't agree. I think it's possible to use social media responsibly and that nutjobs are nutjobs regardless of which platform they use. Without social media I would lose touch with my family abroad. Expecting us all to sit around in a big circle emailing each other instead is a complete non-starter.

[EDIT] Also, I looked through the comments in the original video. All I can see is lots of people lining up to tell the video poster what a dumbass she is for thinking a controlled tree burning is a nuclear explosion. Conspiracists if any are in the absolute minority. This to me is an example of how the social aspect of social media can prevent disinformation rather than spread it.

Last edited:
And the video has been made "Private," so the commentary apparently got to them. :lol:

EDIT: Except it still works here. Other places I've linked it show it unavailable. Hmm.

Back