Pervasive, Annoying song... can't identify it to turn it off

  • Thread starter Thread starter themuffinman
  • 33 comments
  • 8,144 views
Messages
14
I have gone though all of the songs, trying to find this one song that pisses me off, because for some reason, it plays more than 50% of the time.
It is that song with the kids singing... soooooooo annoying after the 50th time hearing it.
I am almost ready to turn everything to Bossanova.
I don't want to turn them all off, I enjoy a variety of music.

Can anyone identify the song with the kids singing, with that stupid 4 chord vamp and 4 note intro.... I can't believe I can't find it on the music list... those notes haunt me.

PLEASE HELP
 
Pnau - Baby (Breakbot Remix)

Have at it -- if you can find it.

👍
 
What a weird Contrast to myself, I really like that song, better than the other song that also plays 50% of the time.
 
I'm with Sidstyler. I really like that song and often find myself humming it. Kudos to Sum1s2pid for letting me know the name!
 
I love this song!

It used to be on an old milk ad. All I can think about when I hear it is that creamy goodness.

I didn't know it was in-game because I went custom music the day I bought it.

Now I too know the name, cheers :)
 
does any1 know the alarm clock sounding song?.. its driving me freakin insane!
 
That song makes the load times for tracks bearable. Never gets old.
 
Well.... everyone has their tastes in music.
I do not really hate the song, the first dozen times it was OK.
But it is constant rotation. I don't hate kids singing, but kids singing, all the time... drives me insane. I don't mine a cheesy kinda uplifting melody.... but all the time, it get annoying.
Thank you all for the help. Now if I can only dial in this Lotus Esprit...

This might explain it.... this is the music I LOVE


OK that youtube link is not working, and I really don't care to fix it.
go here
The Muffin Man
by Frank Zappa
 
OMG ive always wondered what that song was! Drives me up the wall (literally) but is just so catchy! 👍
 
This is an awesome song. Brings back a Naughty by Nature type of feel.

Can't believe Op hates it lol
 
You can't turn most of the music off as it's not part of the music library that the user has control of. I know this as i have disabled every single menu music library track except 1 and i get loads of different "menu" music. The song you mention will never play for example on the home screen for GT Life. Which I think is the only place the user has control over.
GT5 does not class the race event lobby sections or the car delivery music, or the GT auto section or even the Used car dealership along with GT Life home screen . None of these can be disabled in the music library as they are not mentioned. The only way is to turn off Menu Music via On/Off toggle, which will of course turn off the music you do like. I think this is an error/bug from PD.
 
I have gone though all of the songs, trying to find this one song that pisses me off, because for some reason, it plays more than 50% of the time.
It is that song with the kids singing... soooooooo annoying after the 50th time hearing it.
I am almost ready to turn everything to Bossanova.
I don't want to turn them all off, I enjoy a variety of music.

Can anyone identify the song with the kids singing, with that stupid 4 chord vamp and 4 note intro.... I can't believe I can't find it on the music list... those notes haunt me.

PLEASE HELP

OMG , thats the exact same tune I hate too , I actually spent like half an hour customizing menu and race songs thinking that this annoying song wasn't on there and then it starts playing all of a sudden , so now I know the name of it now ,lol
 
Pnau - Baby (Breakbot Remix)
Yep. I lived in a resident college for a few years, and a while ago there was the one girl on my floor who seemed to play that song exclusively. At two in the morning. With the volume set to full. When I had a compulsory 9AM class the next day. For the most difficult subject I have ever taken. With the most anal lecturer you can imagine. With my entire degree riding on me passing it. And she didn't see a problem with getting home trashed in the early hours and playing the song as loudly as she could. I just remember sitting the exam with that godawful "Eh-oh-eh-oh-eh" and saxophone accompaniment. I'm pretty sure I blew the exam - I got 93% on the first assessment task, but passed the subject by two just marks.

So yeah, I understand the OP's pain in all this.
 
This may just be a massive coincidink, but I just threw that song up in spotify, and I've actually never heard it ingame! How odd is that?
 
Mig
does any1 know the alarm clock sounding song?.. its driving me freakin insane!


seriously....about a min into the song it sounds like an alarm clock! arg WHAT SONG IS IT!?!?!?!???
 
There is a song with a man laughing at the beginning.. it really creeps me out! The first time I heard it I thought someone got into my house and stood behind me laughing :lol:
 
Well that sucks, it can not be found.
F that. All menu music is going off. Which sucks, because that bossanova stuff is neat.
 
The super annoying 'alarm clock' song is "The Lisbon Maru". It is a Dance and Electronic tune. It is hard to find b/c it take almost 2 minutes to build up to the annoying part.

I would actually quit races if that song started playing. Glad I found it.
 
I wish you could turn it off when online, it's sooo annoying.
 
I love this song. Better than the original version.
 
I have the opposite problem.... there's a track that is "GT5" for me (much the same as that Ash track was in GT4... or was it 3??)... it's Dream World by Kemmei:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV3w0oz4P0c

I can't find it anywhere except YouTube! Not for sale, not for download, no discography.... nuffink!
 
There is a song with a man laughing at the beginning.. it really creeps me out! The first time I heard it I thought someone got into my house and stood behind me laughing :lol:
And I thought I was the only one hearing voices, that "laugh" is creepy!!
 
that one plays all the time during online lobbies.
 
It's one of two songs that always play in the race menu or online lobbies. You cannot switch them off unlike all the other music tracks in GT5.
 
It's one of two songs that always play in the race menu or online lobbies. You cannot switch them off unlike all the other music tracks in GT5.

Actually you can turn that music off...see the link I posted above. The downside for some people is that you'll have no music at all in game. That option worked good for me as I can play the music I like/want on my stereo system(has much better sound than my tv). You still get all other in game sound.
 
Back