PES 17

• Thread starter Heavyduke
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
pvvrry
Mainly a discussion thread about PES's demo, (Only available by a New Zealand account currently) PES 17 news and announcements, opinions and just PES.

I want to kick Konani in the nutts. I bought pes16 which was utterly destroyed by cheat scripting even in multilayer. Absolutely infuriated me. I can never trust Konami to remove this annoyance so no buy from me or my friends. It's a real shame because there's a great game somewhere in pes when the scripting takes a break for game or 2.

I want to kick Konani in the nutts. I bought pes16 which was utterly destroyed by cheat scripting even in multilayer. Absolutely infuriated me. I can never trust Konami to remove this annoyance so no buy from me or my friends. It's a real shame because there's a great game somewhere in pes when the scripting takes a break for game or 2.
Your on PC?

Just played the demo, my PS4 sounded like it was going to implode and there seems to be a weird motion blur effect that is quite annoying. For brief moments the game looked quite realistic but I think I prefer 2016.

...Following up with some thoughts then, loved the demo. Visuals look a bit cartoon'y oddly. Last year's game had more naturally lighting I'd say. Could just be an odd lighting glitch from the Nou Camp at night. Players look very pasty.

Still the best PES on the pitch though, new keepers are fantastic and goal feel still isn't matched by any game I've played to date.

Here are my thoughts.
Gameplay : Could be better, still has that PES feel, also you can dive. lol :lol:
Sound: The fans do sound a bit robotish (The barca song they don't sound like they're in it)

So, here's my thoughts as per request from @lancia delta hf

Gameplay: This is the best gameplay from the series since PES3 in my opinion, it feels brilliant. By cutting some of the insane pace from PES2016 you have to make more use of the passing and static movement, it pays off as a result of this. No two goals feel the same, the AI appears to adapt the more you try certain plays too, which is great. I kept trying short corners for example and by the third attempt the AI cut me off - so that was pretty nice. Similarly, the keepers are really good this year. The tiny parries from 16 are gone and keepers will make more of an effort to hit the ball out of play or make sure its cleared safely, no more 'dud' goals that made scripting so apparent in 2016.

Midfield battling is the best it's ever been too, there's now actual scuffles for the ball and you don't feel it 'gravitating' to whoever is 'supposed' to get the ball. There's a lot more 50/50s in-line with real football now. Goal feel is as good as ever like PES2016.

Variation: It's interesting to see waterlogged pitches back and dynamic weather. As far as I can tell both weren't in PES2016. The ball becomes a struggle to move in the rain and when it starts raining after a seemingly dry match - you need to adjust your strategy accordingly. Stadium choice is terribly poor though, not that it makes much of a difference but not ideal. Similarly licenses are terribly poor this year, if you own an Xbox it's a huge downfall. If you own a PS4 though, importing in an option file is very simple - it took me 10 minutes to license every team in the game (and adding in Celtic). Playing in the Winter seems to make the ball movement more crisp too, the pitch also looks a bit more frosty compared to when playing the Spring/Summer.

The Master League has took up all my time so far, 29 games deep into a Championship campaign with Wolverhampton Wanderers. They've made transfers more reasonable and realistic whilst also making managerial changes a key component. It's good getting offers that in turn give you options and leeway to bargain a slightly higher transfer budget from your current club. Team Spirit also adjusts more accurately this time.

I haven't really played online but I've heard it's a mixed bag. All-in-all, it's a really good football game. I'm loving it so far and it's good to see community mode also return in Versus so you can track stats locally.

9/10

I'm not a fan at all of the intense motion blur in certain replays, I'd much rather it be like PES 2016 but overall it's a decent game. I've started off in the Championship with a custom team (Athletic Boro managed by Chris Kamara) at the expense of Burton Albion.

@Brend have you found that the team spirit makes a big difference after 29 games? On the previous game I was used to thrashing good teams on the higher difficulties but on 2017 I've been struggling against Regular, after a few games though things seem to be coming together.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan at all of the intense motion blur in certain replays, I'd much rather it be like PES 2016 but overall it's a decent game. I've started off in the Championship with a custom team (Athletic Boro managed by Chris Kamara) at the expense of Burton Albion.

@Brend have you found that the team spirit makes a big difference after 29 games? On the previous game I was used to thrashing good teams on the higher difficulties but on 2017 I've been struggling against Regular, after a few games though things seem to be coming together.
Definitely, at the start of my campaign I was really grafting wins and right now I'm on a 10 win streak on Top Player difficulty with my Team Spirit currently sat at 81. Team Spirit appears to affect how good the off-ball movement is and how likely your players will be able to score from more adventurous shots. I can definitely feel a shift in how they play, so much so it makes it difficult to just play Versus since TS doesn't factor in.

This is a beautiful looking game at times.

SHpqT7B.png

Your on PC?
ps4

So, here's my thoughts as per request from @lancia delta hf

Gameplay: This is the best gameplay from the series since PES3 in my opinion, it feels brilliant. By cutting some of the insane pace from PES2016 you have to make more use of the passing and static movement, it pays off as a result of this. No two goals feel the same, the AI appears to adapt the more you try certain plays too, which is great. I kept trying short corners for example and by the third attempt the AI cut me off - so that was pretty nice. Similarly, the keepers are really good this year. The tiny parries from 16 are gone and keepers will make more of an effort to hit the ball out of play or make sure its cleared safely, no more 'dud' goals that made scripting so apparent in 2016.

Midfield battling is the best it's ever been too, there's now actual scuffles for the ball and you don't feel it 'gravitating' to whoever is 'supposed' to get the ball. There's a lot more 50/50s in-line with real football now. Goal feel is as good as ever like PES2016.

Variation: It's interesting to see waterlogged pitches back and dynamic weather. As far as I can tell both weren't in PES2016. The ball becomes a struggle to move in the rain and when it starts raining after a seemingly dry match - you need to adjust your strategy accordingly. Stadium choice is terribly poor though, not that it makes much of a difference but not ideal. Similarly licenses are terribly poor this year, if you own an Xbox it's a huge downfall. If you own a PS4 though, importing in an option file is very simple - it took me 10 minutes to license every team in the game (and adding in Celtic). Playing in the Winter seems to make the ball movement more crisp too, the pitch also looks a bit more frosty compared to when playing the Spring/Summer.

The Master League has took up all my time so far, 29 games deep into a Championship campaign with Wolverhampton Wanderers. They've made transfers more reasonable and realistic whilst also making managerial changes a key component. It's good getting offers that in turn give you options and leeway to bargain a slightly higher transfer budget from your current club. Team Spirit also adjusts more accurately this time.

I haven't really played online but I've heard it's a mixed bag. All-in-all, it's a really good football game. I'm loving it so far and it's good to see community mode also return in Versus so you can track stats locally.

9/10
I meant to reply to this ages ago then forgot all about it, thanks for the review. I played it on play share the other night, was very glitchy but still fun. The water logged pitches weren't quite what I haf in mind I want to see more severe water logged pitches, muddy and bumpy pitches. Still undecided on this though as my mate was adamant he never passed the ball to me to go on to score with only the keeper to beat but to his own midfielder. He wasn't happy lol. Im not getting bitten bh konami again. I did bloody enjoy thise matches I had though.

Oh and one more thing, you're the first person I've seen say pes3 was the best, its always pes5 or pes6 (pes6 is the best), pes5 had the best freekicks but terrible reffs, pes6 they sorted the refs out but ruined the freekicks.

I am late to the party again! ...I picked this up in the recent Sale and I am quite impressed not having played this for many years (Fifa) but the Offline Game play really is arcade addictive end to end stuff. Also on the PS4 Pro it is all very smooth and the skin/facial details of the players and replays are very good. I can see me playing this quite a bit offline (I am not into Online matches really).

Of course I had to get the replay camera out for some great up close detail and the Free cam is pretty good so I took lots of screen shots of the players and graphics :nervous::sly:and couldn't stop capturing the faces and detail!! I scored some nice goals so far (I swapped the control to Option 2 to make it the same as Fifa and reduced crowd noise and it is very addictive) 👍

Last edited:
Have you all updated the kits and names, the retro Man Utd and Chelsea kits are cool. The goals you can score on this are very cool without too much effort. I also like the thud of the ball and the Zoom in the camera so you play retro arcade style.:D

Back