PES6 vs FIFA 07

• Thread starter Diab
  • 23 comments

Pro Evo vs FIFA

• Total voters
Konami have revealed they will release PES6 on the 27th October the same time as FIFA 07 is released, now those who like to play their football will know PES6 is the best representation of the true art of the game of football, but there's always those who will buy into EA's usual "we have the licences" rubbish, so what will you be buying.

It's pretty obvious I'm Pro Evo and personally I haven't played a FIFA game since FIFA 2000 on PlayStation.

Pro Evo all the way.

All my mates play it and any of them don't get their asses handed to them on a plate in our 'tournaments'*.

*That never get finished.

LOL same here mate, we have drunken tournaments and have you seen the thing all Pro Evo fans have been calling out for for ages has finally been implemented ...yes Pro Evo finally has .....LINESMAN !! lol

LOL same here mate, we have drunken tournaments and have you seen the thing all Pro Evo fans have been calling out for for ages has finally been implemented ...yes Pro Evo finally has .....LINESMAN !! lol
I've never even noticed them....

I'd like teh instant replay system to be sorted out though. It's rubbish in PES5.

Pro Evo 6, I never but Fifa it's just not got the same quality. I love playing Pro Evo 5 on my overhead when any mates come over.

Alright here we go, I have been playing the FIFA demo now for 4 games, well 8 45 minute halfs (what dumbass thought that up?) and this FIFA is average to good. The reason for this is indeed because they have copied Pro Evo A LOT ! For example you look at the control structures, Classic which is typical FIFA and new which to be honest they should've just called Pro Evolution. The whole layout is Pro Evo so naturally I chose that. Now onto the other lil copied parts, in Pro Evolution 1, 2 and beyond you could hold A while in defence and your player would move towards the attacking player, but a little hidden option was holding X as wellto bring over a second player to pressure the player (this was added to the manual in Pro Evo 4 but was always available in 1, 2 & 3) now guess what? FIFA 07 has this exactly.

So what is the match gameplay like ?

Well okay is all I can say, diving into the game we have Manchester Utd vs. Barcelona (as well as other selectable teams such as AC Milan and Werder Bremen), in typical EA fashion the presentation is there, the crowd is loud and there is now a stupid PA system that as well announcing the goalscorer will also call out marriage proposals and FIFA's no racism message which to be honest seems as if it's trying far too hard to introduce anything original that Pro Evo doesn't do.

Again so what is the gameplay like ?

Sorry I got carried away there with that stupid PA system which is ..... ahem. Right then the actual football is close to Pro Evo but it is not as close as you would like. For starters the players all seem to be stuck in this 4x4ft box of control that FIFA always seems to suffer from. The players glide along the pitch and the animations are very good in most parts but when the camera get's close it get's quite jerky. The ball has vastly improved in it's dynamics and physics, it will rebound, bounce, swerve, loop and ricochet off players, goal posts, ad signs etc making the control more realistic, if only the players were just as convincing. One thing of notice is that the crowd will sing and chant proper (clean) matchday choruses which does add to the overall football atmosphere.

One thing that annoyed me though is FIFA is still fairly easy and predictable, as I have mentioned I haven't played FIFA since 2000/2001 so I was very surprised to find that I could usually win or draw with my opposition, I only lost once. And the crazy scorelines are back, how does 6-1, 5-2, 7-3 and 3-0 suit you? And remember that was on World Class difficulty ! Yes it is quite easy to score in FIFA and it's usually with the star players who can waltz through a defence quite easy and then slot it home or for some reason will rebound to the other side of the keeper for your player running in to slot it in. This in fact is one of the best ways to score.

Other than that it plays okay, it looks fairly good and the presentation is top class, it's just that gameplay and represenation of the game of football that always seems to let it down, that is why in my opinion I'll wait for Pro Evolution Soccer 6. One glimmer of hope though, EA know Pro Evo is better, this is why they steal ...sorry take from it, so with this in mind I can't wait for FIFA 2011, by this time they should have taken enough "inspiration" from Konami's finest to finally make a decent game of football decent.

I thank you.

FIFA 07 demo
----------------

Graphics: 8 - Looks like a match on TV
Sound: 8 - Proper crowd chants add to atmosphere
Presentation: 8 - Tries too hard in some areas
Gameplay: 6 - It's close to good but high scorelines too common
Keep from shelf: 7 - It's FIFA what do you think ?

Overall: 7 (not an average)

Still behind konami's finest, but with every iteration it does get better, but still chasing Pro Evolution from the sidelines. If you like FIFA then of course buy it, if you want a great football game that plays a great game of football wait for Pro Evo.

I be going with PES06, because at least it has the team I support in it, which is Southampton FC, even if the club is called something else in-game.

I be going with PES06, because at least it has the team I support in it, which is Southampton FC, even if the club is called something else in-game.
Do you have a Maxdrive? If so just download an option file that has all the new kits and transfers. Aswell as renamed players and clubs.

The only Fifa game I ever played was the road to the world cup and it was awful. The scorelines were always too high (5/6-0 each game). The shot was simply a one button press, no option to vary power etc. Pele's and volleys were to easy to score, simply by double tapping a button.

Pro Evolution have got the formula just right. It's about timing and finishing. I can't remember how many times I've missed chances in important games. It's the king of multiplayer sports games if you have a multitap.

If you score an amazing volley in PES it's something you remember for a while (especially against friends).

I really can't wait for PES 6 it's going to be the nuts.

Pro Evo. I used to be a FIFA fan, but I got Pro Evo 4 and swiftly moved over to the PES side :) Can't wait to get on PES6 and use liverpool or Merseyside red or what ever they're called and win try to win the league again. :D:D:D:D:D

Being a Yank, if you will, I'm confused. And Wikipedia confused me more. Is Pro Evo synonymous with Winning Eleven, because I love Winning Eleven (6 in particular), and haven't cared for FIFA in nearly 10 years.

Winning Eleven is the name for Pro Evolution in Japan or vice versa in fact, PES is the worldwide name for WE outside of Japan.

...I made it worse didn't I ?

Duċk;2447075
I don't play soccer.

Hey, you asked me to post, right? :P

I dont play Football any more either, but i will still buy Pro Evo 6.

Just the same as i dont race cars but i play Gran Turismo (or any other decent racing games out there).
Or i dont fight in Wars but i play Battlefield 2.

Anyone know why Pro Evo got put back 5 days? I pre ordered it and it was suppose to be coming out 22nd Oct now its the 27th :(

I dont play Football any more either, but i will still buy Pro Evo 6.

Just the same as i dont race cars but i play Gran Turismo (or any other decent racing games out there).
Or i dont fight in Wars but i play Battlefield 2.

Anyone know why Pro Evo got put back 5 days? I pre ordered it and it was suppose to be coming out 22nd Oct now its the 27th :(
Hehe same day FIFA 07 is released for Xbox 360. lol

I did notice that, is it just me or does the graphics look very primitive in the screenshots for PES6 than Fifa 07, i may consider just buying the ps2 version because the screenshots i have seen are bad for a 360 game.

It's hard to tell and to be honest up close and the stadia etc look really sharp, I expect you can only go so far before all you're doing is making the game look better in the visual department. I will be buying for the 360 rather than PS2 mainly because of the online aspect and also I really want to see if the 360 version plays as fluid and sharp as the PS2 versions. The Sony console versions have always been the best imo, the controller felt so right and the player response was quick and predictable, with the Xbox it felt slow and quite sluggish.

In my work we had the Xbox version for a while then we got a PStwo, and the Xbxo is only now used for Burnout or Pro Evo if 4 people want to play at once. lol

I don't think Konami has taken advantage of the 360's power yes, but am I worried about that? Not really cause nowadays most games look great but the gameplay sucks, but Pro Evo is the opposite.

OT: I went back to condemned a couple of days ago and damn is this game beautiful but scary as hell at the same time. Major respect to the team that did that and SEGA for publishing it.

I fancied that game but never got round to buying it as its good value, about £20.

Thats another thing that worries me, ive never played Pro Evo on anything but the PS2! I do know my mate who had an xbox bought the ps2 controller adapter for the xbox as he found it difficult!

Back