[PETITION] Make Gran Turismo 7 available to play offline.

I absolutely understand the concern about end of life.
But frankly I can't understand the fuss about demanding an internet connection to play.
Haven't you all already have one?
It doesn't need PS+ so there's no cost.
I have an active internet connection anyway and if I wanted to take the console on a camping trip (I don't) I could just connect it to my phone's hotspot.
It's not going to be bandwidth demanding exactly...
This is a fairly idiotic stance to take, and a self-centered one as well. When I deployed to Afghanistan, I took my Xbox 360 with me. Thank God it wasn't an always-connected device. Just because you have a particular setup that allows a constant internet connection, please don't assume that your particular situation applies to everyone else.

For the record, I have ATT 1gbit fiber, but I'm not posting messages about people who complain about long download times. Maybe get out more? Meet some different people who aren't as fortunate? Hotspot capability costs extra $ last time I checked, and your post reeks of techno-privilege.

Last edited:
Bro you got me f*** up but if you want to come and slang insults I am the perfect person perfect candidate for that type of s* as far as his gt7 and always online s*** go you more than free to spend your money or whatever you like but those of us that have brains in our head see how it's foolish that decision really is I mean it's smart for them because you idiots are far for anything and stand for nothing if you want to get these m************ your money so they can chill the server and then keep that said money you go right ahead but that's for me I'm ******* good I barked your interest on 7:00 to enjoy it here it is it's been a complete two ******* days it's 7:00 Friday morning update was rolled out Wednesday and I still can't play the damn game but I paid 60 bucks for it I don't know what side of the ******* logic you live on but on my side that don't add up I'm not cool with that therefore **** GT and they always online mode
I didn't "slang insults"; that's not how I roll mate.

You, however, just did, twice, placing me in the category of "... you idiots..." and differentiating me from "those of us that have brains in our head".

Your entire response is way-off-the-mark I'm afraid mate. You obviously misunderstood my post:
I said I was blue-in-the-face and relieved to be able to finally take a breath 'cause you used zero punctuation, meaning that the reader wouldn't be able to take a breath 'til he finished the paragraph. It was a joke obviously and one I'd hoped you'd get a laugh out of.

FWIMBW, not using any punctuation violates the forum's user agreement, as does calling people idiots, so you're two-for-two.

No biggie to me 'though; I understand that you must be frustrated by the super-inconvenient server shutdown.

This is a fairly idiotic stance to take, and a self-centered one as well. When I deployed to Afghanistan, I took my Xbox 360 with me. Thank God it wasn't an always-connected device. Just because you have a particular setup that allows a constant internet connection, please don't assume that your particular situation applies to everyone else.

For the record, I have ATT 1gbit fiber, but I'm not posting messages about people who complain about long download times. Maybe get out more? Meet some different people who aren't as fortunate? Hotspot capability costs extra $ last time I checked, and your post reeks of techno-privilege.
Maybe it does. Sorry, wasn't my point.
Hotspot is free here, data is limited, I have 16Gb a month, but 130 saved because I don't use it .

If you had been to Afghanistan with my country's army you would have had internet in the base camp.
But yes, I probably should get out more and meet people without the same connections, but due to first a pandemic and then a war I am not getting a lot out of northern Europe where practically everyone has the same internet connectivity as I have

I don't mean to look down on someone who hasn't, but of course my view is taken from my point of view, that's a given.

And while you didn't really write anything particularly unpleasant(apart from calling my view idiotic) I don't really like the tone of voice in your post.
Feel free to attack my opinion but there's no need to go after me .

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out because of the whole controversy of the game not being playable for over a day I saw a lot of posts on the internet angrily saying they're going back to the ps2 GT games, even going so far as to post their copy of GT3 and GT4 on reddit like it's some gotcha moment, this is all I gotta say:

Exactly. You will not be able to do the same with GTS and GT7 when they shut the servers down.

Last edited:
Thaaaank you, this is what I was looking for, I hope this gets traction and makes its way to PD, even just a response from them would be better than silence. Good luck, signed!

I just want the ability to be able to reset/restart my single player campaign mode without having to create a new PSN or and having lower sport rankings because of it.
I did an exploratory play through and think by restarting i could be a lot more sensible with credit purchases and being more lean to how i played through....but my save is limited to the GT7 severs.

This is just ridiculous. My network is not stable thus find it even more frustrating.
I tried the new endurance race in mission mode for two times in a row.
For the first attempt the game shut in all of a sudden with just 5 min on the clock and said the progress is not saved in offline mode.
For my second attempt I’ve finished 1st and even the Sarah pop up appear. Then the same blackout + progress not saved noti appear. Two hours gone absolutely wasted.
This is the worst design and game saving mechanism ever, i will never buy a new GT game in my life.

I am certain that PD has no say in this. It's the publisher and hardware seller that decided this. Sony.
Fun to come back to this thread and realize how much of a lie this line was, especially with the power of hindsight. But then again, it was a pretty clear lie when PD forced always online saves into Sport, they just had a natural buck passer in the FIA to obfuscate the true nature.

Sony seems to be more receptive if the backlash is big enough on social media and picked up by multiple outlets.
Your comment was remarkably accurate regarding the economy backlash, that’s for sure.

The following I say just to be theoretical, no plans on doing this or describing how to do this for anyone.

I am aware that some consoles over the years, that had online services that are now discontinued, certain users found ways to redirect the way the console looked up those services, so it would go to a dummy/imposter server, this would then allow the user to use discontinued services.

It is possible in theory, that someone or some people, could do this prior to a service being discontinued.

I would much rather, that by those of us not buying GT7 and the continued controversy, PD/Sony whoever it is with the final say, will come to their senses and release a patch that allows offline play, offline saving, but then just limits you from participating in online events.

Fun to come back to this thread and realize how much of a lie this line was, especially with the power of hindsight. But then again, it was a pretty clear lie when PD forced always online saves into Sport, they just had a natural buck passer in the FIA to obfuscate the true nature.
It wasn't a lie. It might haven't been true but that doesn't make a lie.

It wasn't a lie. It might haven't been true but that doesn't make a lie.
In what way is 'Sony forced Polyphony to put in always online' not at all an absolute lie? The only reason why GT Sport, and specifically GT7, have always online is to force you to have micro-transactions in the background with any potential threats about hacking or save editing being absolute bunk, but serving as a good smokescreen. And I wonder who put that always online requirement in the game...certainly wasn't Sony, maybe it was the developer who had already put micro-transactions into the previous two games before GT7?

I think they're going to make Gran Turismo Sport unplayable after shutdown to force all players still in the game to switch to GT7 no matter what happens.

Last edited:
We should print hats and shirts with “Make Gran Turismo Great Again”.

Seriously though… they have more important things to fix. Like a ton!

Offline play is limited but is there in way. And once this game reaches EOL no one will bother to play it and we will have GT8 to complain about.

Personally even though I get all the offline play idea, we must accept that we live in a world where even a toaster is always online. Offline days for GT are unfortunately over.

In what way is 'Sony forced Polyphony to put in always online' not at all an absolute lie? The only reason why GT Sport, and specifically GT7, have always online is to force you to have micro-transactions in the background with any potential threats about hacking or save editing being absolute bunk, but serving as a good smokescreen. And I wonder who put that always online requirement in the game...certainly wasn't Sony, maybe it was the developer who had already put micro-transactions into the previous two games before GT7?
Definition of lying:
To lie =df to make a believed-false statement, to another person or in the believed hearing of another person, with the intention that some other person—the person addressed or the other person in the believed hearing—believe some believed-false statement to be true.

I still see no evidence that it isn't Sony trying to make GT do MTX for much higher sums than before
And I don't understand why MTX would demand always online to work.
Lots and lots of games has MTX without being always online.

I still see no evidence that it isn't Sony trying to make GT do MTX for much higher sums than before
And I don't understand why MTX would demand always online to work.
Lots and lots of games has MTX without being always online.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that the link between MTX and always online would be the time limited legend cars to stop people from either not going online to stop it updating and give them more time to grind for expensive cars or some similar glitch.

We should print hats and shirts with “Make Gran Turismo Great Again”.

Seriously though… they have more important things to fix. Like a ton!

Offline play is limited but is there in way. And once this game reaches EOL no one will bother to play it and we will have GT8 to complain about.

Personally even though I get all the offline play idea, we must accept that we live in a world where even a toaster is always online. Offline days for GT are unfortunately over.
They absolutely have more important things to due right now, like filling out the 3/5 of the game that is missing, bug fixing, bringing cars in from this decade, etc.

However, unlike Sport which I doubt many will care to revist since it was all about online racing, GT7 might (assuming they ever finish it) have a robust offline/career component that many would like to re-visit in a decade. I still own PS1-PS3 specifically for Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, and Demon's Souls. It would be nice to be able to play the game I purchased after the servers go down.

So while it's not that big of a deal at this very moment, at least for those fortunate enough not to have their save file corrupted due to PD's incompetence, it could be a big issue a few years down the line when they move onto a new project. We all saw how quickly they killed GT5's servers when GT6 launched; it was like 4mo.

They absolutely have more important things to due right now, like filling out the 3/5 of the game that is missing, bug fixing, bringing cars in from this decade, etc.

However, unlike Sport which I doubt many will care to revist since it was all about online racing, GT7 might (assuming they ever finish it) have a robust offline/career component that many would like to re-visit in a decade. I still own PS1-PS3 specifically for Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, and Demon's Souls. It would be nice to be able to play the game I purchased after the servers go down.

So while it's not that big of a deal at this very moment, at least for those fortunate enough not to have their save file corrupted due to PD's incompetence, it could be a big issue a few years down the line when they move onto a new project. We all saw how quickly they killed GT5's servers when GT6 launched; it was like 4mo.
You bet!

Fair enough regarding revisiting games, even though personally I don't have this sort of nostalgia and it's something I never ever do. Specially to revisit games that are basically the same thing since ever. GT in my opinion is just like an iPhone, every instalment is basically the same thing but with a better camera and a better screen.

I just rather have them focusing on the things that matter to make this game a game I wanna play instead of spending time to make something I barely see a reason to play now, available offline so I can play it a decade from now.

Back