[PETITION] Make Gran Turismo 7 available to play offline.

So with my internet connection and without PS Plus I can play career mode on GT Sport? Sounds like it's worth the $10 to buy it then. Thanks! I do certainly hope they disable online requirements once online support is no longer available though.
Yes.

So with my internet connection and without PS Plus I can play career mode on GT Sport? Sounds like it's worth the $10 to buy it then. Thanks! I do certainly hope they disable online requirements once online support is no longer available though.
Yep, that's the way it works.

I'm... resigned to accepting the always-online GT mode. It shouldn't be a thing, but hopefully they'll have enough online features to justify it.

It would also greatly help the game's case if the sole offline mode, Arcade, could ditch the tiny cocktail plate of eight recommended cars, in favour of starting with a large library of loaners and building from there. GT4's system, where you start with 240 and gain the rest by buying them in GT Mode, was definitely not perfect but still leaps and bounds ahead of 5, 6 and Sport.
It's just such a frustratingly simple problem to solve! Even GT Sport could've had a fairly robust Arcade mode if you got a car for each 'Race won tick'...

the only way this is remotely acceptable is if GT mode becomes playable offline once GT8 comes out and GT7 support drops.
I mean, we'll see pretty quickly what they do with GTS. Previous games have had server support dropped within six months. If they change nothing and just take the servers offline for GTS my understanding is that it's pretty close to a coaster - you can play but you can't save any progress.

Floor above? It's not a house? I'm sure there's a way to route a cable through...

If you're not gonna do that to play a game you want to play, it's not really the game's fault...

You say your connection is bad but WiFi is always bad...so you could have a wired connection to the internet but you're not putting in the effort for it because...it's easier to just say you have bad internet?... Eh? Come on, don't be like that.

There are 3rd-party routers with stronger signal transmission you could get instead, but a cable is the cheaper and more stable option.
U people are funny as hell everyone's trying to justify polyphony and they always necessary internet connection is b******* why should he have to go through the rigmarole of finding a cable and connecting it to his PlayStation simply to play a game in offline mode the game simply should have one I should have access to my damn garage I can't even go in my garage and pick a car that I grind it four days I've been playing this game four days I've been grinding my ass off doing licensed challenges and everything else I can't even do the license challenge I can't do circuit experience I can't create a car I can't go into my garage can't do a oil change can't do no basic car maintenance why do I even have the game I mean didn't I pay my 60 bucks to enjoy the game don't give a damn about cheaters all I care about is enjoying the game that's it offline mode online mode I want to play but I pay for people need to start standing up and have a ******* backbone you let these game companies do whatever the hell they want you comfortable with spending 60 to 100 something bucks on the game that you just written basically where the **** they do that at

The chances for it were 99.9% :scared:
I guess anyone who played the last couple of GT's would have known that. I just saw in on store a few days after it launched and hadn't read anything on it beforehand.

Edit: had the servers not gone down, I'd have never known it was online only lol :)

Last edited:
U people are funny as hell everyone's trying to justify polyphony and they always necessary internet connection is b******* why should he have to go through the rigmarole of finding a cable and connecting it to his PlayStation simply to play a game in offline mode the game simply should have one I should have access to my damn garage I can't even go in my garage and pick a car that I grind it four days I've been playing this game four days I've been grinding my ass off doing licensed challenges and everything else I can't even do the license challenge I can't do circuit experience I can't create a car I can't go into my garage can't do a oil change can't do no basic car maintenance why do I even have the game I mean didn't I pay my 60 bucks to enjoy the game don't give a damn about cheaters all I care about is enjoying the game that's it offline mode online mode I want to play but I pay for people need to start standing up and have a ******* backbone you let these game companies do whatever the hell they want you comfortable with spending 60 to 100 something bucks on the game that you just written basically where the **** they do that at
... and I finally can take a breath.

Not a moment too soon 'cause I was blue-in-the-face.

Last edited:
Not signing. I prefer gt7 being online only. It forces the plebs to get real and get a decent life before playing. It keeps the focus on pvp play. Ensures everyone has to upgrade to the latest game when they pull the servers (keeping player bases high).. online only is the future.

Besides change.org is a waste of time. Only the gov.uk petition site gets a response.

Not signing. I prefer gt7 being online only. It forces the plebs to get real and get a decent life before playing. It keeps the focus on pvp play. Ensures everyone has to upgrade to the latest game when they pull the servers (keeping player bases high).. online only is the future.

Besides change.org is a waste of time. Only the gov.uk petition site gets a response.
not-sure-if-being-sarcastic-or-serious.jpg

Turns out that everyone saying "just get better internet" had the wrong end of the stick. What if the problem isn't with my internet, but that Sony didn't feed the server hamsters and now they're all dead?
It's like they never played GT5P at launch when it was just one hamster only working for an hour a day.

The offline mode is even worse than GT Sport. It's obvious they want to make this a GaaS that heavily pushes MTX so they should cut the BS, make the game F2P, and just call it Gran Turismo. No more retail. Because a game you pay $60-70 for that PD can disable whenever the mood strikes them is a joke.

React to this post with "poo" to show your support for eating whatever poo Polyphony serves you.

Last edited:

Well, just put it like the "Pro Evolution Soccer" / "eFootball" series, the game is available for free and you decide how fast you can build up your team (or Garage), how fast you evolve your players (or upgrade your cars), etc.
If you want to get the best players (or cars), spent real money, if don't want microtransactions, just painfully grind but they don't make you spent 70-80 dollars up front. And I'm one of those who doesn't see the current payout level a problem.

And even this games let you do something offline when you are offline.

If you don't want to play Sport Mode online, who gives a **** what version of the game you are playing? If you want to go to lobbies or Sport Mode, you must have the latest update and PD sure can check your car specs and settings aren't corrupt. The only cheating that PD couldn't control is around how players get their credits. Honestly that only hurts microtransactions, not multiplayer or sport mode playing field.

... and I finally can take a breath.

Not a moment too soon 'cause I was blue-in-the-face.
Bro you got me f*** up but if you want to come and slang insults I am the perfect person perfect candidate for that type of s* as far as his gt7 and always online s*** go you more than free to spend your money or whatever you like but those of us that have brains in our head see how it's foolish that decision really is I mean it's smart for them because you idiots are far for anything and stand for nothing if you want to get these m************ your money so they can chill the server and then keep that said money you go right ahead but that's for me I'm ******* good I barked your interest on 7:00 to enjoy it here it is it's been a complete two ******* days it's 7:00 Friday morning update was rolled out Wednesday and I still can't play the damn game but I paid 60 bucks for it I don't know what side of the ******* logic you live on but on my side that don't add up I'm not cool with that therefore **** GT and they always online mode

The recent server outage shows how "Online-Only" means you get to spend $90 for a game you never really own. Who knows if Polyphony Digital will even exist in 5 or 10 years. There are a lot of iconic cars and tracks in GT7, and in 10 years I don't want to be stuck with an orphaned piece of useless software.

Back