Petition To Keep GT5 Servers Online A Little Longer

• Thread starter VBR
  • 58 comments

Would you like PD to keep GT5's online servers going a little longer?

• Total voters

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
With GT5's servers scheduled to be closed on May 30th (see here), I thought it would be good if we got an extension & had more time. I remember GT5 Prologue was due to have it's online cut, & then it was extended for a bit longer.

Do you want PD to give GT5 online more time?

Last edited:
At the moment, I would say, yes they need to keep them open longer as I am playing GT5 and 6 at present due to lack of new content on GT6 (as I'm sure a lot of others are doing). I think it really depends on what new content GT6 brings in the next couple of months....if they bring in a significant number of promised features (community, clubs etc), new content such as tracks and events, seasonal races as opposed to TTs etc, then I would probably change my mind and say it is not needed but currently they would need to keep them open at least 6 months longer or more

Considering I just purchased Gran Tourismo 5 XL I would hate for the servers to be closed so soon.

I would be happy if they enabled us to download the seasonal events for after the servers closed. I wonder who at Sony one would contact for that request?

It's absurd they think they can get away with shutting down so soon. GT5 will be (by May 20th) about 3.5 years old, and GT6 will only be 6 months old. To cut a game's servers down so quick after the sequel is unheard of, and almost every franchise with sequels still have servers up on the older games. This is just a sleazy move to cut costs and encourage more GT6 sales.

It's absurd they think they can get away with shutting down so soon. GT5 will be (by May 20th) about 3.5 years old, and GT6 will only be 6 months old. To cut a game's servers down so quick after the sequel is unheard of, and almost every franchise with sequels still have servers up on the older games. This is just a sleazy move to cut costs and encourage more GT6 sales.

i agree. they just wanna force those who like the Gran Turismo series to buy GT6( which i s GARBAGE) so they can make more money.

i agree. they just wanna force those who like the Gran Turismo series to buy GT6( which i s GARBAGE) so they can make more money.
You honestly think GT6 is garbage? With that mindset, you surely thought GT5(when it was less than 6 months old) was garbage as well? If so, give it some time! Surely it won't be too long before you consider GT6 to your standards, as you now do GT5. That's my opinion on GT5 online servers as well, give it some time. :)

Looks like I'm losing the TC car pack since I got that one from a friend, meh, bunch of useless cars. I really don't play GT5 anymore other than the occasional hot lap/test drive but I can't support what they're doing.

The new tracks for GT6 are nice, but once you've mastered them and admired the visual changes, there is not much that's new. The seasonal events are few and far between. GT6 SEEMS LIKE A PROMO FOR THE CAR MAKERS THAT PAY TO HAVE THEIR CARS FEATURED. The GT5 seasonal events that just set PP, car type and tire type are more of a challenge and you get to use the cars you've tuned to see what you can do. I still go back to GT5.

I really just don't understand what PD is doing as company anymore.. like I said before they are really starting to remind me of how ea went from great to bad..
But back on topic even games like kill zone still have servers up so I dont see whats the big rush to taken them down

If GT5 online servers were to be extended well GT6 will not get all the features. But playing GT6 for 2 month and the way GT6 is going PD should close down GT6 server and keep GT5 going.

Last edited:
Imagine if car makers rendered their previous year products useless in order to coerce you to buy the new model, they would be prosecuted and jailed. They would also likely have to refund the chumps who bought their cars.

Somebody should tell PDI that greed is a capital sin and guarantees a first class one way ticket to Hell. If they hadn't played with themselves and blew their millions in the years they took to put out GT5, they wouldn't need to scam people out of their hard earned money. GT6 on PS3 is a farce that robbed the innocents who thought it was a new game out of $60+. And now by shutting down the GT5 servers so soon, they expect us chumps to pay again to enjoy the real GT6. Of course, we'll have to pay way more for a PS4 in order to do that, won't we?

Pathetic...

Last edited:
At the moment, I would say, yes they need to keep them open longer as I am playing GT5 and 6 at present due to lack of new content on GT6 (as I'm sure a lot of others are doing). I think it really depends on what new content GT6 brings in the next couple of months....if they bring in a significant number of promised features (community, clubs etc), new content such as tracks and events, seasonal races as opposed to TTs etc, then I would probably change my mind and say it is not needed but currently they would need to keep them open at least 6 months longer or more
That's exactly what's going on. Shame on Them Skierps3.

Last edited:
It's absolutely appalling that this happening, a game which has taken 6 years to be made is only relevant for 3 years!

I would expect this from a yearly released game series but when I can still play many PS3 games online that are 8-9 years old this makes no sense at all, at the very least move it to P2P servers.

Gran Turismo's online component isn't exactly the pinnacle of achievement (it looks like an online system which fell out of the early 00's) and its shows that they didn't care to make it good then or bother with it now.

What it basically says is that GT5 was a bit of an accident / experiment and GT6 is the real deal and they want to sweep it under the carpet. Seriously the speed at which GT6 appeared on the market says it all.

The whole reality of It is quite upsetting, because we can't do anything about it'. I Myself play GT5 and 6 but I like five better. So therfore I play 5 more. Lobbys are allways full, and would stay full for years to come. And Thay know this but Thay dont care. So GT5 fans are forced to play or buy GT6.

Yes for the simple fact I can still play codmw2 online and wait how old is that game???
Call of Duty 3 from 2006 still has its servers up as well the last time I checked, and that game is 8 years old! I would like to see GT5's servers up for another year or two so that we can still enjoy the game online.
5 years old, COD4 and WAW are even older and are still up.

But do you know how much they make annually from other games and how many people they employ?

Fote="Swagger897, post: 9404285, member: 204006"]But do you know how much they make annually from other games and how many people they employ?[/quote]

PD deserves no mercey and they get alotta love from Sony so I don't think it matters that much about funds and employees. And another thing if they made a 60$ game like they should money wouldn't be an issue

PD deserves no mercey and they get alotta love from Sony so I don't think it matters that much about funds and employees. And another thing if they made a 60$ game like they should money wouldn't be an issue
Uhhhh.... No comprehendo amigo..

If you could prove us what this "love" is and what it does I'll accept that theory. Funds and employees? That's like saying time and money don't actually mean anything. It means how the world operates..

Last edited:
Back