Peugeot returns to Pikes Peak - 208 T16 breaks cover

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtone339
  • 94 comments
  • 13,879 views
Loeb said he feel ready but couldnt really know where he stands since some of the top contender didnt show up for practice.
 
Loeb said he feel ready but couldnt really know where he stands since some of the top contender didnt show up for practice.

Does that drive his motivation?
 
Does that drive his motivation?

I dont know really, the news I've read was very short just saying that basicaly. He's confident he have a good pace tho and feel ready.
 
I so hope this car comes to GT5/6 :|
 
I dont know really, the news I've read was very short just saying that basicaly. He's confident he have a good pace tho and feel ready.

Do you have the link to it?
 
I so hope this car comes to GT5/6 :|

That would be immense. Race that against the Suzuki Escudo. Old v New. I would have too much fun with that.
 
Do you have the link to it?

Sorry totally forgot about you, it's on autosport, type loeb pikes peak and you'll find it. One of the last article.
 
Test at Glen Cove with all the top drivers.
Loeb still the fastest by far :

Loeb 3.30.768- Millen 3.54.835- Dumas 4.00.148- Dayraut 4.01.018
 
Test at Glen Cove with all the top drivers.
Loeb still the fastest by far :

Loeb 3.30.768- Millen 3.54.835- Dumas 4.00.148- Dayraut 4.01.018

Wow I'd expect Dumas to finish much closer to Loeb.
 
Loeb & Peugeot 208 T16 are cleared for take off!

51c94a8f77df1.jpg
 
So did it say we could watch an on-board camera live while he tackles the hill? This will possibly be some of the best driving I've ever seen.
 
Wow I'd expect Dumas to finish much closer to Loeb.

Maybe he is still suffering form jet lag after the 24h Le Mans

Also I think I got a man crush on Loeb...him and the car look like they are going to eat that mountain. Too bad for Millen.
 
If Loeb has no issues on his run I reckon he'll easily smash the 9 minute barrier...
 
Qualification today :

Sebastien Loeb 3:26.728
Romain Dumas 3:50.372
Rhys Millen 3:51.814
J-P Dayraut 3:57.968

Loeb is just too fast :crazy:.
 
Im glad people here finaly recognize his talent. He's a beast
 
Im glad people here finaly recognize his talent. He's a beast

What do you mean finally? Him winning tons of WRC championships is no joke, especially when you see how difficult rally racing is for many racers, even F1 drivers and Sport Car Endurance drivers. People should already be respecting him without this, this is just the icing on the cake.
 
To be fair, Peugeot's car is the best there. 875hp 4wd beast with f1 levels of downforce.
 
To be fair, Peugeot's car is the best there. 875hp 4wd beast with f1 levels of downforce.

Yeah but he seems to be getting quicker in it with each pass, I think the car and driver pairing are dream group that will help crush the record. However, the problem I see is that it is asphalt, there have been plenty of cars to race the mountain with more power the only difference...it was on dirt.
 
I thought it was 850HP & 850Kg O.O

It's 875bhp and 1000kg.

8675744691_726d7cb8d9_c.jpg


--------------------

Qualifying completed for the 91st Pikes Peak International Hill Climb!

51cbf33e74e61.jpg



After weeks of anticipation, the gloves are finally off. Today, the Pikes Peak competitors went head-to-head in competition against each other for the very first time, in qualifying for Sunday’s epic hill climb event. The 13 Unlimited class competitors – a category where the only rules are the ones governing safety – completed at least one run over the lower part of the hill climb to set a qualifying time. The fastest qualifier in each class gets to start first, with all the class competitors as a whole deciding which start window they would like to take on Sunday.
 
02-pikes-peak-2013-p1-1372190957.jpg


The other Red Bull sponsored car looks sexy too, just not as sexy sadly
 
02-pikes-peak-2013-p1-1372190957.jpg


The other Red Bull sponsored car looks sexy too, just not as sexy sadly

Well yeah, you can't really compare a modified Daytona Prototype to a purpose-built Hillclimb Car like Loeb's Peugeot.
 
What's with the French and Pikes Peak? Loeb, Dumas, Pagenaud, Dayraut ...
 
What's with the French and Pikes Peak? Loeb, Dumas, Pagenaud, Dayraut ...

They figured out that the Alps weren't good enough to race up :lol:
 
Loeb writes history: http://www.autonet.ca/en/2013/07/02/pikes-peak-from-mountain-to-mole-hill

Team Peugeot didn’t just conquer Pike’s Peak at the 91st annual International Hill Climb on Sunday, they ended up humbling the Colorado mountain, reducing it to the status of mole hill.

Driven by nine time world rally champ Sebastian Loeb, the winning Peugeot knocked more than a minute off the course record, negotiating the 19.9 km, 156-corner race up the mountain in 8:13.87.

Hope that car will be in GT6 so we can try to reach something like 10'.
 
Back