PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 996 comments
SmartSelect_20240527_185652_Shot Scope.jpg
IMG_20240527_190000_560.jpg
IMG_20240527_190000_540.jpg
IMG_20240527_190000_581.jpg

Mediocre 49 over 8 holes today. Some silly misplaced shots and some silly putts but otherwise the ball striking was good. New 3 wood in the nag replacing my cheap and worn marketplace Cobra. Now have a Callaway Rogue ST Max with stiff shaft, very nice club.

Last edited:
A bit on the heels there, Ash, but looking good man.
Thanks mate. Yeah it's interesting, I hadn't noticed being on the heel a bit until watching those back, something to work on.

New 3 wood is performing very well, I've made another switch at the top of the bag, I liked the Paradym X 4 hybrid I had but it was doing the exact same job I could do with my 4 iron, the AI Smoke 4 iron is quite a strong lofted-high launching club which I can shape a bit, distance was more or less identical to the 4H and all the characteristics were the same. Difference being I could hit the 4 iron a lot more consistently.

So 4 Hybrid out, 5 wood in. Tried the Rogue ST Max 5 wood to match the 3 wood and didn't enjoy it as much as the 3, tried a Sim2 Max which I didn't like and even tried a Stealth 2 Rescue 2H (17°) and it was not confidence inspiring, although it felt good when making good connection.

The stand out 5 wood from testing was a Mizuno ST-X 220. Lovely head shape, beautiful feel and could hit it incredibly consistently. Importantly it filled the yardage gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. So that's now in the bag. Has a Mitsubishi Kai'li blue 60g stiff shaft.

Also undergone a driver shaft change, struggling with the lightweight stiff shaft setup (had a Project X HZRDUS Silver 50g), I've now gone to a heavier regular shaft, should see a good distance gain and a much more controlled swing. Gone for a 75g Project X Even Flow 5.5.

Have some good rounds lined up over the next month or so as well. Won a voucher for a 4 ball at a local championship course, Dunston Hall, so heading there with my brothers and a friend on the 28th. Been invited to another challenging championship course, Barnham Broom Valley, with an as yet undecided date and I plan to play a course this week that has hosted Clutch Tour events, Wensum Valley - Wensum Course, holes 13 to 18 are set out across a river, lots of water hazards and an island green. Brother in law is also buying me a round at a course of my choosing so will be playing Caister Golf Club which will be my first true links experience.

Last edited:

Take a bow Bryson. What a week he has had, an incredible up and down on the last after pulling his tee shot out to no man's land. A popular winner and a deserving winner on what has been an incredibly tough US Open.

Feel so bad for Rory, actually shot 2 better than Bryson in round 4, started 3 back and had an amazing chance but some poor putting near the end has cost him dearly.

That was the best Golf tournament I've watched in a long time. US Open at Pinehurst is hard to beat. So much more exciting than Snorehalla. Super stoked for Bryson. Love that guy and I hope a PIF-Tour resolution happens soon that allows the LIV and PGAT players to compete with each other more often.

Latest Posts

Back