Photo Re-Creation

• Thread starter csevin
  • 55 comments
Belvedere_Bacon
The basic idea of this thread is for users to attempt to re-create a real life photo. It can be something you took of your own car, something you found on the internet, whatever...

Just try to duplicate it in GT5 to the best of your ability.

I went with a picture my friend took of my 350z when I was putting up my "for sale ad" a few months back. I didn't spend much time on it...as I just wanted to get the point across to see what other people would post. I think perhaps a location somewhere on Nurburgring might match better. It's going to be damn hard for somebody to accurately recreate the angle, background, reflections, etc... But hopefully some cool stuff gets posted.

350z04.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Mine is way off...but you get the point. :)

this may spark some interest in this topic. best angle i could get without slow motion on replays..

Original taken by Jeroen Buitenhuis

3632523879_ed9f0632fa_b.jpg

My GT5 Pic edited in Photoshop to match Original

5262129440_648de23d1d_b.jpg

My replicate base photo taken in GT5

5262129058_6509b6f758_b.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:
thanks! it would've been awesome if i could've gotten the hand at the top of the wheel. definitely not going to happen.

thanks, haha. i edited OP to highlight the original that i decided to replicate. my finished version edited in photoshop, and the MY original taken in GT5.

i wish other people would join in. i was amazed when i saw the final project. could be real competition to show just how realistic GT5 is.

with a closer look, seems the model in GT is not exactly the same as the one in photo, most noticeable is the front bumper and side skirt. Think it could be the one in photo had been mod? Also the look of the front light is quite different, I believe it is just the real thing got whole lot more details.

a couple minutes to drive to that spot on the ring, went around that corner 4 or 5 times at different spots, a couple more minutes in replay mode to get there, spent about 10 taking pics at different focal lengths to get the right angle. then went to photo album, exported, put them on usb, went straight to my mac and did the editing and posted..couldn't have taken 45 minutes, probably close to 30.

What I find even more amazing than the editing (not a fan of black & white + one color pictures, a matter of taste), is the fact how close the angle and the position of the car are.

no, just a hobby. my dad is a computer programmer and so I have been around computers since I was born(I'm 22 now). I have used photoshop since middle school photochopping cars(making them have body kits and such). I had planned on being a graphic designer, but decided to go into the medical field and work at a hospital now. Still enjoy photography and graphic design tho. thanks for the interest.

What I find even more amazing than the editing (not a fan of black & white + one color pictures, a matter of taste), is the fact how close the angle and the position of the car are.

THAT is what took the longest, haha. I looked at the original and tried to match that exact same spot and went around that curve multiple times going no more than 20 mph to get the angle perfect..wish i would've turned the wheel a little more but i'm satisfied.

EDIT: This may be my next recreation..are those areas colored on the game? i believe everything is just written white.

4tall.jpg

Last edited:
no, just a hobby. my dad is a computer programmer and so I have been around computers since I was born(I'm 22 now). I have used photoshop since middle school photochopping cars(making them have body kits and such). I had planned on being a graphic designer, but decided to go into the medical field and work at a hospital now. Still enjoy photography and graphic design tho. thanks for the interest.

It is best to have your hobbit as your work, but not always that lucky.:)
I am from fine art and design bg, it was pretty good university, but still quite a few of my classmates didn't end up doing design related job.

Seems you have found very good pic for your next one. It already looked close to a GT5 photo. But get two cars on the right spot might take some co-op. Looking forward to your post. :dopey:

that's what i thought when i started doing weddings, but it became more of a burden and i couldn't enjoy it anymore so now i've stopped the photography for awhile until i'm ready to keep it as solely my hobby..

anyone else hate this stupid lincoln mkx ad? everytime you rollover it to come down and click to type in quick reply it opens up a video, and before you know it your watching this video ad..sigh.

anyone else hate this stupid lincoln mkx ad? everytime you rollover it to come down and click to type in quick reply it opens up a video, and before you know it your watching this video ad..sigh.

didn't have this problem and not sure what ad you talking about.

Breezy, that picture is awesome. Can't wait to see more. You probably scared everybody else off from even trying.

Maybe we should make it into a contest...where somebody gets to pick a real photo...then everybody tries their best to match it.

Breezy, that picture is awesome. Can't wait to see more. You probably scared everybody else off from even trying.

Maybe we should make it into a contest...where somebody gets to pick a real photo...then everybody tries their best to match it.

I second this.

Anyone in the community want to start a competition of this nature in the sub-forum?
Who so ever decides to take on this responsibility, please bear in mind moderating this will time out of your week. (Organizing polls, setting rules, finding pictures that can be plausibly replicated in GT5, etc.)

breezy,
You did a beautiful job replicating that BMW photo. If anyone has doubts if this sort competition is viable, just show them those pictures.
Great work.

Markito, that's a good one!

I like the idea of a competition. Would be fun to see what others can come up with.

Back