Photo Shoot: Classic American Muscle - 1 March 2014 @ 10:30pm ET / 3:30am GMTFinished 

• Thread starter raven214
  • 40 comments
United States
US
Saturday 1 March 2014 @ 10:30pm ET / 3:30am GMT

Want to live on in (relative) immortality? Want to help a crazy photographer? Have 20 minutes of spare time? I am looking for able bodies to help with a photo shoot. The subject is Classic American Muscle (1979 and earlier) at Laguna Seca. My goals are twofold: 1) Represent what I call the "Big 3" - Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. 2) Represent as many muscle car types as possible - hopefully with a solid 12 drivers.

I want to keep it to a short and simple 2 lap shoot. We'll start with a group lineup shot at the start/finish line, then do one single file parade lap with the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger leading in that order (please) and one "gentlemen's" race lap (try to keep contact minimal and passes clean). The speed limit will be 75mph/120kph. Please drive a nice clean line through the corkscrew - that's my favorite part of the track and I hope to get lots of pictures there.

As for the cars, I would like volunteers for the Mustang (Shelby GT350 - premium please!), Camaro Z/28, and Challenger. I'll fill in with whatever's needed. Beyond that please bring whatever pre-'80 American muscle car you like. It would be useful to have a couple different models on hand so we can try to ensure some variety. Feel free to post your ride here so I can see how things are shaping up!

One more note: please keep your car visually as stock as possible. Any paint is fine as long as it's not chrome (please). For wheels, please either keep them stock or use something vintage-looking (for example the American Racing brand and PDI "Nascar" wheels are fine by me).

The room will be friends only so please be sure to add me (ravenwings27).

GTP (PSN) [Car]
1. jtqmopar (jtqmopar) [Dodge Challenger R/T '70]
2. - () [Chevy Camaro Z/28 '69]
3. - () [Shelby GT350 '65]
4. raven214 (ravenwings27) [any]
5. laurent501 (ymcmb501) [Pontiac Least Mans GTO '64]
6. acedition333 (Acedition333) [?]
7. JLG_GT [Chevy Nova '70]
8. -
9. -
10. -
11. -
12. -

Last edited:
Postponed to a later date.

Edit: New date is 1 March 2014 @ 11am ET / 4pm GMT

Edit2: Cancelled for the time being due to a lack of interest. :(

Edit3: Time updated in OP

Last edited:
I think this is a great concept and I'd like to be a part of it. Timing is tricky, since Monday through Thursday is best for me.

I'll have to check my premium car list too.

Please don't give up.

If you need some more I'd be willing to run for/with you guys. Im usually online every night around 8:30pm EST. I got two kids so during the day it gets dicey. 2 Laps shouldnt take long and I'd be interested in the photos you take also.

I will send you a FR. Any paint/wheels we want? I will pick a car and try to take a picture of it.

May have a few others that could be interested will check on that also!

I agree, its a great idea. It makes for good photos. And it can help someone who creating a series/ league. Maybe posting this in photo forums??

I'm surprised there isn't a group photo session thread in photo forums. Would work for a lot of members on here. 👍

If you need some more I'd be willing to run for/with you guys. Im usually online every night around 8:30pm EST. I got two kids so during the day it gets dicey. 2 Laps shouldnt take long and I'd be interested in the photos you take also.

I will send you a FR. Any paint/wheels we want? I will pick a car and try to take a picture of it.

May have a few others that could be interested will check on that also!
I have a little one (and a wife ;)) to keep me busy during the day, so timing is tough for me too. My little one went to stay with her grandma last night which is why I tried to get it in then. Usually, I'm not on until around 10pm ET.

I agree, its a great idea. It makes for good photos. And it can help someone who creating a series/ league. Maybe posting this in photo forums??

I'm surprised there isn't a group photo session thread in photo forums. Would work for a lot of members on here. 👍
There is a thread in the photo forums, and I found it after I posted this here - I posted in that thread as well. I thought an "event" would go better here, but perhaps I was wrong.

I haven't given up though. I'll just try and network more before trying again. I have some other ideas I want to try as well if the opportunity presents itself.

If you get more than 6 people could you bump the laps up to 3 or 4? Just to give everyone a chance to be in front. I always try to do that, it helps with the pics that I like to take. The only issue is when someone comes to a cruise in s standard car (despite PD's claims, there are still standard cars!) and ruins an otherwise great shot

Saturday 1 March 2014 @ 10:30pm ET / 3:30am GMT

Want to live on in (relative) immortality? Want to help a crazy photographer? Have 20 minutes of spare time? I am looking for able bodies to help with a photo shoot. The subject is Classic American Muscle (1979 and earlier) at Laguna Seca. My goals are twofold: 1) Represent what I call the "Big 3" - Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. 2) Represent as many muscle car types as possible - hopefully with a solid 12 drivers.

I want to keep it to a short and simple 2 lap shoot. We'll start with a group lineup shot at the start/finish line, then do one single file parade lap with the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger leading in that order (please) and one "gentlemen's" race lap (try to keep contact minimal and passes clean). The speed limit will be 100mph/160kph. Please drive a nice clean line through the corkscrew - that's my favorite part of the track and I hope to get lots of pictures there.

As for the cars, I would like volunteers for the Mustang (Shelby GT350 - premium please!), Camaro Z/28, and Challenger. I'll fill in with whatever's needed. Beyond that please bring whatever pre-'80 American muscle car you like. It would be useful to have a couple different models on hand so we can try to ensure some variety. Feel free to post your ride here so I can see how things are shaping up!

One more note: please keep your car visually as stock as possible. Any paint is fine as long as it's not chrome (please). For wheels, please either keep them stock or use something vintage-looking (for example the American Racing brand and PDI "Nascar" wheels are fine by me).

The room will be friends only so please be sure to add me (ravenwings27).

GTP (PSN) [Car]
1. jtqmopar (jtqmopar) [Dodge Challenger R/T '70]
2. - () [Chevy Camaro Z/28 '69]
3. - () [Shelby GT350 '65]
4. raven214 (ravenwings27) [any]
5. laurent501 (ymcmb501) [?]
6. acedition333 (Acedition333) [?]
7. -
8. -
9. -
10. -
11. -
12. -
ill be in a pontiac le mans gto like before

Stock bodies with any paint (no chrome please) and stock or vintage-looking wheels any color.

Of course!

How dare you insult me with painting any car chrome! :D

I usually go with black, but I know it will be a classy look. Gotta check some of my favorite paints!

Anyone going specific color?

Well, tried some variations but the kid is going orange Nova.

Edit
Think you are gonna run it tonight? Would be cool to get @GBO Possum in...

Last edited:
NP, but I still won't be making it. My ps3 has been acting up and I just don't feel like starting it up for one race right now. With my luck it would freeze at the game's warning screen like it did earlier.

today at the exotic cruse

Attachments

• Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
    Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 4
Back