Photomode vs in game car model comparison

• Thread starter turk1993
  • 31 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Some of you requested this on the other thread, here whe can see the difference between the in game vs photomode car model. I will tryna post as many cars i can, and im in time trail with one car on the track for gameplay in resolution mode on the PS4 Pro.
Lets start with this one.

Ford GT '06

Gameplay
cRIir2m.jpg

Photomode
N8lnprk.jpg

Gameplay
ZMEsUBi.jpg

Photomode
i9kHMW8.jpg

Also do you whant me to crop on the car next time? Or is the full 4K image better?

I think that the cars with the worst LOD ingame are:

Toyota FT1
Chasecam view: horrible
Cockpit view: good

New Fiat 500/Abarth 500
Chasecam view: very bad
Cockpit view: very bad

RUF CTR3 '07

Chris Holstrom Chevy Nova
Chasecam view: bad

Volkswagen 1200

Bugatti Veyron
Cockpit view: bad

Honda beat

Dodge Viper GTS '13/GR3/GR4

Porsche 911 Turbo
Chasecam view: very good but the headlights are absolutely TERRIBLE
Cockpit view: very good

I hope that on PS5 we will see all cars at full LOD also ingame

Last edited:
I think that the cars with the worst LOD ingame are:

Toyota FT1
Chasecam view: horrible

New Fiat 500/Abarth 500

RUF CTR3 '07

Chris Holstrom Chevy Nova

Volkswagen 1200

Bugatti Veyron

Dodge Viper GTS '13/GR3/GR4

Porsche 911 Turbo
Chasecam view: very good but the headlights are absolutely TERRIBLE
Cockpit view: very good

I hope that on PS5 we will see all cars at full LOD also ingame
Im 100% sure this time they will, if you saw Mark Cerny's article you can pretty much expect a powerhouse of a console. Add Ray tracing on top of that and it will look even more photo realistic. From what i have read, the PS5 is like 4X more powefull than the PS4 pro with ultra fast SSD and plenty of ram. So it shouldn't be an issue to render these models in game :).

Most of the PS3 GT6/5 era premiums that are in sport use their PS3 era premium high lods as in game low lods for GTS. It really shows how far the console has come in my opinion.

Im 100% sure this time they will, if you saw Mark Cerny's article you can pretty much expect a powerhouse of a console. Add Ray tracing on top of that and it will look even more photo realistic. From what i have read, the PS5 is like 4X more powefull than the PS4 pro with ultra fast SSD and plenty of ram. So it shouldn't be an issue to render these models in game :).

I prefer they save the poly count for very dense foliage, 3D trees. Then have Ray-tracing.

LOD at an acceptable level not 10 sided circles

I prefer they save the poly count for very dense foliage, 3D trees. Then have Ray-tracing.

LOD at an acceptable level not 10 sided circles

I don't think raytracing will have a big impact on performance since future consoles will have dedicated hardware for that,important thing i hope they don't persist with stupid things like 120 fps on native 4k and this kind of stuff,60fps is enought.They need to focus like you said on important things like ultra hight definition track textures,dynamic tod and weather,poly count for very dense foliage,better 3D trees etc..Better will be the visuals higher the immersion.

Last edited:
The headlights on the Porsche 911 Turbo are literally hexagon shaped in-game, they look absolutely shocking.
And somehow, the Rufs in GT6 had more rounder headlights during gameplay. What's strange is that those where improved standard cars...
Then again, those didn't have modeled interiors and there could only be16 cars on a track in GT6.

Looking at the FT-1 gameplay-wise, I'm flabbergasted that it looks inferior to what it was in GT6. I'm not really sure why Polyphony Digital didn't at least allow the cars to look their best if there were less cars on screen. Plus, I notice how the seats look different too.

Looking at the FT-1 gameplay-wise, I'm flabbergasted that it looks inferior to what it was in GT6. I'm not really sure why Polyphony Digital didn't at least allow the cars to look their best if there were less cars on screen. Plus, I notice how the seats look different too.
Yeah man this was one of the reason i started this thread and talked about in the other thread. I play on a 65 inch tv from 2m, and those cars just looks ugly like PS3 quality. The PS4 Pro is powerfull enough to render those cars at higher lod when there is only one car on the track, but even then they use the same low quality lod from the full grid. It takes them 6 months to build those crazy detailed models and they don't let us play with it, whe only see them 10 sec at the loading menu and scape mode wich 90% of the GTS gamers don't visit anymore. I hope the PS5 version while use the highest lod, whe can only hope that they show some footage today of GTS running on PS5 :). Give me that Native 4K 120fps with increased graphics and ray tracing (i know with ray tracing and increased graphics it won't be 120fps but let a man dream :P).

It's still like that, thought they'd patch it.

It's a Standard Car in GT Sport and Premium in GT6? :D
Yeah this is unacceptable, this doesn't belong in a PS4 game

Anybody else noticed the different colored seats between the low and high LOD models?
Yeah really weird, maybe different car color has a different interior color like on some cars. Maybe thats why its red if the red colored version has a red interior finish and they just used the low lod from that color for the interior for all colors.

mmmmmmmm

polygons :drool:👍

Edit: Seriously tho wtf happened here?
Yeah that one is the worst till now

The worst thing about low and high LODs are however not with cars but with the trees on sunset times on the Nordschleife. The sharp shadows appear 2cm in front of you car and it feels like you‘re driving in a square space where the graphics are high and everything else ist just blurry :lol: Always so shameful when driving there at sunset :(

Back