Photomode

  • Thread starter Thread starter cygnus_zero
  • 69 comments
  • 5,149 views
If you guys are really going to devolve this into another livery/bodykit discussion, go here (for livery talk) or here (for body modding).

Photomode simulates a lot of settings that a photographer would have to deal with (although simplified). It's a neat way to capture pretty much whatever you want; someone might use it to take an image of when they beat their first race by a hair. Someone else might use it to capture the scraps during an online race with buddies. Others might pose their car in Photo Travel all meticulously for a wallpaper for their PC or phone. Who knows. Some people will want to use it, some won't. It's like any other feature that could be included past the basic "cars on tracks, racing" dynamic. A livery editor or body kits is kind of the same: some people just really don't see a point, I guess.
 
It did make me a better driver. And with G25 i learned how to drive manual. And i learned how to drift. Because it's all about physics. I guess thats is why they call it the real driving simulator.

EDIT: It did make that spanish guy "i don't remember his name" a proffessional driver :). Moving on..

The point... you missed it. I really don't feel like spelling it out, so if you really missed it let me know and I'll explain.
 
we already have a photomode thread
 
This looks like it was never about photomode, rather why GT5 doesnt have a livery editor. Its obvious to anyone that likes to take pictures why a photomode should be in any game, even in games that dont have that feature people will take artistic/funny/whatever screenshots and post them online to share with a community that enjoys them or perhaps just for themselves. Is it really hard to figure out that people like taking pictures?? especially car lovers that also like GT enjoying photomode? It comes pretty easy to me since I love cars and enjoy all the pictures different people come up with, the GT4 photogallery is amazing! I love it and cant wait next week to see what people come up with for GT5
 
Anyone else struggling with the concept of this mode? I get photomode in Forza, you can paint your cars there, it makes total sense why you would want to take photos, show them to others, why others would want to see them.... but I dont really get why they built this whole photo travel mode when all of our cars look the same anyway. Why would I want to see someone elses photo of cars that look just like the ones I already own?

I guess Im looking to be sold on what's special about this mode. I dont want to feel like it's a waste, and there must be a good use for it, but whatever it is, it's eluding me right now.

I think you're missing the point... Gran Turismo is made for people who love cars. If a car is beautiful, people want to admire it. I wouldn't care if there was one Aston martin DBS in the world or 10 million, I still want to look at it because it's beautiful.

In short, photo mode is about celebrating beautiful cars. Personally, I loved photo mode in GT4 and am really looking forward to it this time around. I will certainly spend more time in photo mode than I will in B-spec mode...
 
This looks like it was never about photomode, rather why GT5 doesnt have a livery editor. Its obvious to anyone that likes to take pictures why a photomode should be in any game, even in games that dont have that feature people will take artistic/funny/whatever screenshots and post them online to share with a community that enjoys them or perhaps just for themselves. Is it really hard to figure out that people like taking pictures?? especially car lovers that also like GT enjoying photomode? It comes pretty easy to me since I love cars and enjoy all the pictures different people come up with, the GT4 photogallery is amazing! I love it and cant wait next week to see what people come up with for GT5

If you like it, that's wonderful. Im talking about the issue I have with it, and also trying to discover why others like it, but dont act like someone isnt allowed to have an opinion on it, or have an issue with it, and for me it stems from there not being a livery editor, so to me it makes sense to discuss that part of it, since its at the heart of my issue with it.

Talking about a livery editor to use in photo mode doesnt exactly make me a forza fanboy. In fact I havent had a working 360 in over a year, and traded in Forza 3 after it died. But as soon as you start comparing things people get all upset. All I can say about that is they need to grow up.
 
Why does Black Ops have the ability to edit and save replays? It does nothing for the actual game play... it's just an additional feature.

Why does GT5 have the ability to collect dirt on cars... It does nothing for game play... its just an additional feature.

You could go through every game ever made and probably find something that isn't needed, but it adds depth! Kaz loves photography and he included his love or passion into the game for everyone else to enjoy! Is it meaningful to racing or actual game play? no... Could I live without out it? yea... Do I want it in the game? Yes, I love it and it something I loved before and can't wait to take advantage of again.

All of my wallpapers on my PS3 are the large photos that were released over the last year... Now I'll get the chance to create my own and personalize them for what I want and how I want them... Share them with others... the beauty of what we have been given.

Am I the only person that would randomly go into the dealerships and watch the camera roll around different cars and just soak up the work that was done? It's the same for Photo Mode...just deeper and better!

The cars are works of art...

If you like it, that's wonderful. Im talking about the issue I have with it, and also trying to discover why others like it, but dont act like someone isnt allowed to have an opinion on it, or have an issue with it, and for me it stems from there not being a livery editor, so to me it makes sense to discuss that part of it, since its at the heart of my issue with it.

Talking about a livery editor to use in photo mode doesnt exactly make me a forza fanboy. In fact I havent had a working 360 in over a year, and traded in Forza 3 after it died. But as soon as you start comparing things people get all upset. All I can say about that is they need to grow up.
 
Well put. It's amazing that so many people are unhappy with what hasn't been included in the game, now people are unhappy with what has been included. It's funny really
 
Photomode in GT in my opinion is an outlet of releasing your passion in car photography. For people like myself who enjoy car photography, doesn't mean all of us are lucky enough to access beautiful vehicles for photo shoot, nor even own professional gears for the job. In other word, photomode is kinda like a simulation of car photography. You may take the way like you wanna drive a Ferrari F40 in GT because you don't have money to own one in real life. I hope your issue is solved.
 
If you like it, that's wonderful. Im talking about the issue I have with it, and also trying to discover why others like it, but dont act like someone isnt allowed to have an opinion on it, or have an issue with it, and for me it stems from there not being a livery editor, so to me it makes sense to discuss that part of it, since its at the heart of my issue with it.

Talking about a livery editor to use in photo mode doesnt exactly make me a forza fanboy. In fact I havent had a working 360 in over a year, and traded in Forza 3 after it died. But as soon as you start comparing things people get all upset. All I can say about that is they need to grow up.
If you have an "issue" with it, I suggest you ignore it (it is optional) and go look at real cars in automotive mags.
 
Back