Photos not showing up in my Life Log and Activity Feed.

• Thread starter PhiloGrego
  • 5 comments
Canada
Vancouver, Canada
ubbanub
Greetings all.....

As of yesterday, August 22nd, none of my scapes photos taken after that date tag, will not post to my Life Log, nor my Activity Feed.

I've taken two new scapes photos tonight to no avail. I've also tried the re-share old scapes photos... Nada! It also takes forever to upload some of the shares. Saved photos are at 972.

On the reverse side, all my race photos are just fine. Posted a new race photo tonight, plus shared old ones, all showed up in my Life Log and Activity Feed. Saved files are at 273. They also upload at a pretty good speed.

I've cleared the games cache as well. Hopefully I'm not truly screwed!

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't had any problems with uploading race photo's myself but I haven't tried scapes so I will try some time tonight.

Your problem may be the storage space limit has been reached, checked your My Library and in the top right corner it should have
a box showing how much GB of space left in my library, if this is low you might need to export some photo's or delete them from
my library (they will still show in the online gallery).

Will let you know how I get on if no one else replies before hand.

Thanks for the reply Darth....

Deleted over six hundred pics from scapes last night. Took a pic this morning and tried to post... it uploaded... to where I do not know ... it went somewhere.... ? It did not show up anywhere. This is now 3 days worth of photos uploaded... (probably about 40 pictures). I don't get it...

I'm over 2 gigs of storage space now. This happened to me before and had to delete the data file because it was corrupted, and start again from scratch. But I couldn't save new liveries, but I could use others, but not my own .

Car liveries work this time, but now photos don't work.

I'll try again tonight. The bitch of it is, I was in the middle of doing brand suits for all my rides.

Me thinks I'll have ta start with a fresh install.

Oy!

Philo

Oy, PhiloGrego!
I wonder if you found a solution to your problem?
I suffer the same issue, no pics on live log or activity feed except racing photos and liveries. Tried a new install, but to no avail....
Strange thing is that there seems to be just the two of us with this bug.

Mr. Norbury....

It's all about file save limits. Each category accepts only 1,000 files, max. You don't realize how fast they accumulate.

Liveries and race photos are not as prevelent if you mainly create a livery, and then take ten pictures of a car. Then post them to your feed.

I recovered my first data file. All my liveries are there, but I deleted the car file, so have to start again. Just rebuild and re-race, to get the cars back and use my old liveries.

Had to do the same with my new file as well. Went through and deleted over 600 photos. I only kept the ones that got comments or re-posts. Lotsa likes, but no comments, delete.
Start at the bottom of the scapes file and work your way up, oldest to newest files.

You just have to keep an eye on your data file limits in your life log, in your Profile. The files you save to your hard drive are different from the ones you share and post . Your hard drive on the PS4 can take as many as it can take with its space limit, but online, 1,000 files max on Polyphony's servers.

Hope this little bit of information helps.

Philo

Thanks, mate!
Of course, now it makes sense!
After I installed GT anew all my scapes pics in my gallery were gone (which was fine by me). I didn't realise that the online scape photos hit a staggering 1000 (and they were still there while everything not posted was gone).
So now I only would like Polyphony to give me an update that makes it a bit easier to get rid of a couple of hundreds of photos...:-)
Thanks again, sometimes the solution is just around the corner...!

Back