Pics of my new ride

  • Thread starter Thread starter sliderulz
  • 20 comments
  • 899 views
Messages
1,276
Here is my car that I picked up for $400 AUD.

1976 Chrysler Galant 1600.
 

Attachments

  • sideprofile.jpg
    sideprofile.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 110
I don't think I've ever heard of one of those. Very nice lookin though :)
 
It's tough to get ripped off when you only spend 400 bucks on a car, but I think you've succeeded. :)

Actually, it looks OK. It must have a ****load of kilometers on it, though.
 
Nice buy for 400, any plan for mods? and are u going to keep it auto?
 
For $400 it looks like a decent purchase. How do the mechanicals look?
 
Originally posted by retsmah
I don't think I've ever heard of one of those. Very nice lookin though :)

I think its a rebadged Mitsubishi.
 
Is it possible to get a rear-drive 1600cc car sideways? I guess it depends whether it gets icy in your part of Australia.
 
In Japan it was the Mitsubishi Lancer, America the Doge Colt.

The Chrysler Galant was built here (Adelaide SA) though.

First owner was an old man who worked at Chrysler and personally specced it himself with a GT Body, Seatbelts etc.

Second Owner was a friend from work who is selling it to me.

I'm going to switch to manual and put a second motor in it (original drinks oil like a Bavarian at Oktoberfest because the rings are gone and the seals are busted) (liked the idea of a Sigma 2.0 but am going to source another 1600 and stick some extractors on and a twin set of Mikuni Solex Weber knock off carburettors.).

In total (incl the car) I'm going to spend about $2000 AUD

My friend is thinking about leaving the stereo in it (Sony Xplod CD Player, and 6x9's) he'll probably source another sytem for his AE86 which he is rebuilding.

As for getting it sideways. A friend got a little bit of Oversteer on it as it is RWD but until the new transmission and engine is in I don't see much drift happening (SA has no ice! We have max temperatures of 45 celsius over here!)
 
not bad for $400, what old pizza hut is that?
 
if you want to go sideways in it go to lonsdale in the wet, there is a few places that you could get almost anything sideways the roads are so slippery
 
The car should be fun to drive once u get the new donk in there and transmission, good luck with it all dude.
 
Back