Pictures from Car Dealership Screens in GT2

  • Thread starter Thread starter m2595
  • 69 comments
  • 31,557 views
Screenshot_20240413_215802_Instagram.jpg

GranTurismo2.jpg


Not sure if this is public knowledge already but I think the North American cover art for Gran Turismo 2 (which infamously features the McLaren F1) originated from the cover of the 1999 Road & Track Calendar.

Jeff Zwart recently posted the full gallery on his Instagram, to which he mentioned that he did "sell some of his photos to video games back in the day."
 
Not sure if this is public knowledge already but I think the North American cover art for Gran Turismo 2 (which infamously features the McLaren F1) originated from the cover of the 1999 Road & Track Calendar.

Jeff Zwart recently posted the full gallery on his Instagram, to which he mentioned that he did "sell some of his photos to video games back in the day."
Thank you for the heads up! I've tried various reverse image search tools multiple times trying to find that before, it's cool to finally see the source identified. :cheers:
 
Last edited:
I wish i could take credit for the find.

Four years ago i asked on Reddit what the picture could be after searching myself, and noticed it said FoMoCo on one of the sensors.
Two years later someone else concluded that it could also have been a Jaguar or Aston Martin motor, and found it after 30 mins.
 
I've made such a thread for GT1 and decided to do one for GT2. Here are some piccies I found so far, feel free to add others if you find them:

Ford (1997 Ka Brochure)
View attachment 1219000

Chevrolet (1997 Z28 Brochure)
View attachment 158079

Vector Automotive (M12 brochure, forgot which year)
View attachment 158080

BMW (1999 3-Series brochure)
View attachment 158081

Honda (NTSC-J, 1997 Japanese Brochure)
View attachment 158082

FIAT (1999 Barchetta brochure)
View attachment 1219002

Shelby
View attachment 158084

Subaru (1999 Impreza Version VI brochure)
View attachment 158085

Audi (I found only one of the pictures, 1998 TT brochure)
View attachment 158086

Jaguar (XKR 1998/99 brochure)
View attachment 1219008

TVR (1998/99 brochure)
View attachment 1219009

Plymouth (unknown)
View attachment 1219010

MGF (1998 brochure presumably)
View attachment 158099

Opel (can't find it in a bigger resolution, 1998 brochure)
View attachment 158246
Mazda (1999 RX7 Factory ad)
View attachment 169937
Its very cool, especially Shelby.
 
Back