Pikes Peak (Colorado), USA

Pikes Peak (Colorado), USA 1.0

France
France
Clark_33700
VelociRaptor submitted a new resource:

Pikes Peak (Colorado), USA - Replica of Pikes Peak Internationnal Hill Climb (PPIHC)

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) is an annual automobile and motorcycle hillclimb to the summit of Pikes Peak in Colorado, USA.
View attachment 640023

The track measures 12.42 miles (19.99 km) over 156 turns, climbing 4,720 ft (1,440 m) from the start at Mile 7 on Pikes Peak Highway, to the finish at 14,110 ft (4,300 m), on grades averaging 7.2%.
It used to consist of both gravel and paved sections, however as of August 2011, the highway is fully paved and as a...

Read more about this resource...

It's too demanding to work as an online Club time trial. Can anything be done about that?

It's a great 1:1 replica to run Single Race offline. Driving Line recommended, like the information a co-driver would give you.

Since I got the rare experience of driving up and down the mountain last year. I'll say this is a pretty good replica. Even though Eifle has similar decorations. I feel you could get all 19.1 miles of the hill climb, starting from Highway 24 and Fountain Avenue to the top of the peak if you used Andalusia. Add a restaurant at Glen Cove and you'll have the perfect version of Pikes Peak.
Well, until the crew at GT decide to get the enthusiasm to add a real version in the next game.

Since I got the rare experience of driving up and down the mountain last year. I'll say this is a pretty good replica. Even though Eifle has similar decorations. I feel you could get all 19.1 miles of the hill climb, starting from Highway 24 and Fountain Avenue to the top of the peak if you used Andalusia. Add a restaurant at Glen Cove and you'll have the perfect version of Pikes Peak.
Well, until the crew at GT decide to get the enthusiasm to add a real version in the next game.
Thank you.
Unfortunately, Pikes Peak does not fit in Andalusia Canvas (too long).
I am missing rock banks in the last third part of the track (what is really the landscape). It would have been better if we could use all the deco on all canvas.
The restaurant is also part of Andalusia as you said.

Absolutely brilliant! This is the best version on gt planet by a long way, my only criticism is that there are too many trees towards the top and not enough spectators along the track sides. The route itself is fantastic,as is the width and elevation. I just wonder if you could vary the track decoration a little? I am unfamiliar with the editing software you have used so please forgive my ignorance if this is not possible.

Back