Pikes Peak... in 1957

  • Thread starter Thread starter Barracuda
  • 7 comments
  • 1,191 views
Messages
3,770
Messages
Boss-Barracuda


Found this just a bit ago, pretty interesting seeing 50s cars take on Pikes Peak.
 
That was a nice stroll down memory lane there Diablo. That was cool to watch them struggle up Pikes Peak. Got to love the narrator, "Revving to 7000rpm". :lol:
 
Those guys were good to drive those little open wheel cars like that. I like all the safety percautions, just use the cars as a wall :lol:. Thats wild that in 1957 they were doing runs in the low 14's and now were only in the 10's, really shows the skill needed for that. Or the coarse changed.
 
May as well add Climb Dance too.



I remember watching this as a child after completing V-Rally 2. 👍
 
May as well add Climb Dance too.



I remember watching this as a child after completing V-Rally 2. 👍


As a CHILD? You're 15 :sly:


I love Pikes Peak. I remember riding up the cog railway when I was younger. I'd love to ride down it on bike one day. Just to say I'd done it. :dopey:
 
Nice videos, both of them!

Funny seeing a car go so slowly up the mountain, then one go so quickly!
 
aaaaah the documentary about the 57 peak is AWESOME!! how could I have missed it? I love the plymouth!!

And the Peugeot run is the scariest stuff ever. got dang I'd be scared to even getting close to the edge and watch down... incredible, tough, and incredibly well produced too.
 
Back