Pirelli (SCCA) World Challenge 2012 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 37 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Just a heads up to racing fans in the USA.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?story=2346

2012 Pirelli World Challenge Championships television schedule on NBC Sports Network:

Streets of St. Petersburg
Sunday, April 8 at 4:30 p.m.
(re-air Friday, April 13 at 4:30 p.m.)

Streets of Long Beach
Sunday, April 29 at 3 p.m.
(re-air Tuesday, May 1 at 3:30 p.m.)

Miller Motorsports Park / Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Sunday, May 27 at 11 p.m.
(re-air Friday, June 1 at 3 p.m.)

Streets of Detroit / Mosport International Raceway
Saturday, July 7 at 5 p.m.
(re-air Friday, July 27 at 4 p.m.)

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Saturday, August 25 at 1:30 p.m.
(re-air Friday, August 31 at 4:30 p.m.)

Infineon Raceway
Sunday, September 9 at 3 p.m.
(re-air Friday, September 14 at 3 p.m.)

Schedule subject to change. All times listed are Eastern.

Cool. Based on the schedule it looks like NBC will actually care about it, too. It's not live, but a couple week delay isn't bad compared to what Speed was doing with it in the last few years they had it.

I'll be watching these for sure,it'll be nice watching a race on tv that isn't NASCAR.

I should be at the Miller Motorsports Park race in April. :dopey:

I saw SPEED World Challenge from Miller a couple of years age (I think 07). They accompanied the ALMS, that was back in the day before the series started going downhill. It was great fun, hope you enjoy it and I hope the series contiues to get better after the slump they were in a couple of years ago.

They have a good selection of cars. I mean Vipers, Vettes, CTS-V's, Mustangs, Camaro's, etc. Kind of like the old BPR Global GT series.

EDIT: My friend races karts at Miller because he lives so close. I envy him as my track has only 8 variations when his has a minumum of 10!

I saw SPEED World Challenge from Miller a couple of years age (I think 07). They accompanied the ALMS, that was back in the day before the series started going downhill. It was great fun, hope you enjoy it and I hope the series contiues to get better after the slump they were in a couple of years ago.

There's more to the weekend that just the World Challenge stuff, but it's racing so it doesn't really matter to me. :)

Does anyone know whatever happened to that awesome TRG Mercedes 722 GT?

ZLJ0q.jpg

And are the Brass Monkey GT-R's sill active in the GTS class? Were they ever competitive?

Wow talk about a mixed bag of entries, that'll be great to watch, I like variety.

I would agree that there's a lot of variety, but thanks to Mt. Lynx for introducing me to the Dutch Supercar Challenge... a series who's variety is unmatched (though World Challenge comes close).

ulp4E.jpg

WTCC BMW, GT3 DBRS9 and Viper Competition Coupe, DTM Audi TT and Opel Astra, Porsche GT3 Cup, Marcos Mantis GT...

Back on topic though... Someone is gonna be racing an AMG Black Series? Dayum.

R1600Turbo
Schedule is in the first post....doesn't look like it.

According to Mosport's website and the 2012 brochure I got in the mail the other day, they are.

Snaeper
I would agree that there's a lot of variety, but thanks to Mt. Lynx for introducing me to the Dutch Supercar Challenge... a series who's variety is unmatched (though World Challenge comes close).

WTCC BMW, GT3 DBRS9 and Viper Competition Coupe, DTM Audi TT and Opel Astra, Porsche GT3 Cup, Marcos Mantis GT...

Back on topic though... Someone is gonna be racing an AMG Black Series? Dayum.

That is a weird series. It has old GT cars and such. It's an odd mix of cars.

Must not be televised then.

...You wrote in your first post when they are televising Mosport. Haha. It's together with the Detroit round, Saturday, July 7th at 5-7PM Eastern. It's the only one that got "paired" with another round during the same broadcast though, so it's easy to miss.

Last edited:
Back