Pit stop strategy help for Indy carsPS4 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 2 comments
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
So, I'm currently doing the Indycar series. In the morning I plan on doing the Indy 500, and go for the trophy for a full race win. Buut.... I just did Long Beach, 20 laps, and the AI didn't pit once. At lap 10 my tires were at about half, so I pitted. I didn't feel like driving on rims on lap 20. So this is worrying me for the Indy 500. Will the AI pit more than once or twice? What pit strategy should I adopt? I don't want to get to lap 50 only to find out I'm going to have to be waaaay faster than the AI. I would like competitive AI, especially for that duration of race

AI's are slow even with 120. They need to pit as they used same fuel as you too. Only problem to me with AIs on Indy oval was that they messed up the 1st corner as they run too inside and bring mud to track.
I pitted after 25-27 laps, change tires and took enough fuel for those laps.

AI's are slow even with 120. They need to pit as they used same fuel as you too. Only problem to me with AIs on Indy oval was that they messed up the 1st corner as they run too inside and bring mud to track.
I pitted after 25-27 laps, change tires and took enough fuel for those laps.
Thanks, and excellent timing too as I'm just up and around and fired up the PS4. Appreciate the advice!

Back