Pit stops in GT mode very slow

• Thread starter Stavwaite
  • 30 comments
England
England
Stav30
Anyone else notice pit stops take an age in GT mode. Seems once you go in the pit lane it takes a very long time to appear with your pit crew. Then when I exit the pit lane I have lost a lot of time. Really odd. CPU cars seem to be much faster in the pit lane.

It takes time to travel pit lane before and after the stop. GT chooses not to show the transit, maybe because it would take resources to show all the pit boxes and other cars pitting as we pass them? I really like how they have modelled the stops.

It takes time to travel pit lane before and after the stop. GT chooses not to show the transit, maybe because it would take resources to show all the pit boxes and other cars pitting as we pass them? I really like how they have modelled the stops.
I think they aren't shown because they don't want collisions/stacking in the pit lane.

What they need to add to the pit stop animation, is the distance counting down until the car reaches the pit

Time it takes to get to the pit I'm fine with, I felt in GT Sport the pit stops where to fast.

Last edited:
Stakes time to travel pit lane before and after the stop. GT chooses not to show the transit, maybe because it would take resources to show all the pit boxes and other cars pitting as we pass them? I really like how they have modelled the stops.
The ones I've seen are way too long though. It can be 30 seconds before your car appears in some pits, none are that long. It's just a made up time by PD.

The ones I've seen are way too long though. It can be 30 seconds before your car appears in some pits, none are that long. It's just a made up time by PD.
Sure I have entered the pits with CPU cars and then left way later than them. So my pit stop is longer than theirs. Will test some more. Seen others mention this in U tube comments.

I'd also prefer refueling to be done along with the tire change. Would save some more time.
That's against the rules in LM/GT series. The only things you're allowed to do whilst refuelling are change the driver and clean the windscreen and lights.

GT also cheats and saves you time by having a man on each wheel, and not just 2 guys for all 4.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice pit stops take an age in GT mode. Seems once you go in the pit lane it takes a very long time to appear with your pit crew. Then when I exit the pit lane I have lost a lot of time. Really odd. CPU cars seem to be much faster in the pit lane.
Agree, I don't know if is an issue or a decision taken by PD.

One thing I hate about pitstops is, they're always the same time, barring refueling,
As we've seen in F1, sometimes a pitstop takes 2seconds, sometimes 6 seconds
This would also be the same in GT racing, were pitstops sometimes take longer than normal.

Just done a GT3 stop at La Sarthe. No tyres, no fuel. It took 30 seconds to get to my pit box, but total time in pitlane was 34 seconds. It may seem a long time to get there, but as soon as you leave your pit box, you're back on track.

34 seconds to traverse the pit lane, complete with stop'n'go, at La Sarthe doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

Last edited:
Been testing this on Daytona GT3 race. Having a nightmare with this race in general but my pit stop seems slower than the CPU cars.

Last edited:
One thing I hate about pitstops is, they're always the same time, barring refueling,
As we've seen in F1, sometimes a pitstop takes 2seconds, sometimes 6 seconds
This would also be the same in GT racing, were pitstops sometimes take longer than normal.
Introducing RNG to pitstops is a terrible idea and incredibly unfair.

I get that they're trying to bring things back closer to reality because at one point in GTS there were tracks you could be in and out with a tire change in less than 7 sec but it seems somewhat inconsistent. I just finished the Tsukuba mission and that stop seemed longer than it should be for where your car dissapears in the pit entrance. Granted, I didn't actually time it so take that for what it is.

Introducing RNG to pitstops is a terrible idea and incredibly unfair.
That is racing.
You win some you lose some, maybe you can influence it by number of pit stops one does which can be seen as practice for the pit crew

Yeah, it feels like the game is waiting for some sort of input at the refueling screen, then
times out and finally pits you. If there was a way to tell it how much fuel I needed without
waiting 30 seconds for my car to show up at the pit, I'd be fine.

Plus it seems like every track is the same. I'd like a little more realism in the length of time
it takes my car to get to the pit area based on how long it actually takes at the real track,
but I am guessing PD just went with a base time just to cut a few corners.

I think many here just see what they want to see and "feel" more than they really try to back it up with timed times.

1. The AI is NOT faster in the pits than them if they use the same car, also change tires or just not like the AI and fill up the same amount as them.

2. For those who haven't seen it yet.. There is a small dot above the level indicator of your tank. This point indicates how much you have to refuel to finish the race. If the point is now at around 50%, your fuel is enough to complete the remaining laps as long as your driving behavior and attitude towards fuel consumption do not change.

3. In the group c race last week you could see very well how many differences there are between individual drivers and vehicles when it comes to fuel consumption. Some drivers already had to refuel in lap 6-7 and only had less than 10-20% in the tank, others managed 8-10 laps before they refueled. Whether you then change tires or not also plays a major role.

4. Yes, the waiting time until the car is there is quite long, but this time is the same for everyone AND as soon as the car is ready, it is "teleported" to the end of the pit lane, where you only have to drive the last part of the exit .
It all seems very long, but due to the very hard speed limit, it is quite good overall.

After all, each team has its own box, but it's somewhere different every time, some would now only have to wait 5 seconds before the stop, but then 20 seconds until they see their car again and others now in the same race first 20 and then 5 seconds, it would sure to give more discussion.

In sport mode you can see that the times are definitely identical for the drivers.

I think many here just see what they want to see and "feel" more than they really try to back it up with timed times.

1. The AI is NOT faster in the pits than them if they use the same car, also change tires or just not like the AI and fill up the same amount as them.
I don't see you backing up your contrary opinion with any times either.

I don't see you backing up your contrary opinion with any times either.
In many races I drove into the pits almost at the same time as the AI and or other players, only changed tires when it was necessary, and only filled up the minimum amount of petrol.. And you know what, I am at the same time as the AI or other drivers came out. Differences of a few tenths of a second are completely normal and depend solely on when you stop refueling.

And whether the actual time in the game matches the time in real life doesn't really matter here, because... this time is always the same in the BOX IN THE GAME, so there is fairness. This time is then interesting when you drive long-distance races, when choosing the pit strategy, such as. at the 24h race a few days ago. Some have made 0 stops with fuel savings and others without fuel save a 1 stop strategy.

Last edited:
In many races I drove into the pits almost at the same time as the AI and or other players, only changed tires when it was necessary, and only filled up the minimum amount of petrol.. And you know what, I am at the same time as the AI or other drivers came out. Differences of a few tenths of a second are completely normal and depend solely on when you stop refueling.

And whether the actual time in the game matches the time in real life doesn't really matter here, because... this time is always the same in the BOX IN THE GAME, so there is fairness. This time is then interesting when you drive long-distance races, when choosing the pit strategy, such as. at the 24h race a few days ago. Some have made 0 stops with fuel savings and others without fuel save a 1 stop strategy.
Still no times, just your word. Why is it better than those who say differently?

Still no times, just your word. Why is it better than those who say differently?
Are you kidding me or what?

Others here talk about "feeling" their pit stops are longer than the game's, which I'll confirm by saying that these players might be refueling more or just swapping tires and the AI or other players might not be doing that.

But under comparable conditions, other drivers or the AI are just as fast/slow as I am in the pits, which I prove by the fact that I often drive into the pits at the same time as others and the distances do not change.

You can test that very easily.
Create a race with let's say 10 laps and set the fuel consumption to 0, but tire wear is so high that even hard tires have to be replaced at least 1 time in the 10 laps.
Then no one has to refuel, but everyone has to change tires.
Now just put it in the box at the same time as the AI and you're done.

But you want to screw me here.. and I should prove that the times are the same? Those who say that they are not the same ergo claiming a bug/cheat in the game should first prove that something is wrong.

If only there was an element where each player is assigned a generic pit crew and can train them in different areas to for example:
  • Be faster
  • Less error prone
  • Communication

Just something along those lines…

Are you kidding me or what?
No. You said, and I quote:

You want the other users to back up their position with times but you provide no times to back up your assertion that the AI is not faster.

So why should I believe you any more than I believe them?

No. You said, and I quote:

You want the other users to back up their position with times but you provide no times to back up your assertion that the AI is not faster.

So why should I believe you any more than I believe them?
Can't YOU understand?

If I repeat several times that in identical situations the AI vehicles or vehicles of other players are not faster or slower in the BOX than I am and the entry or exit is identical, i.e. if the car enters the BOX again exactly in front of me leaves the pits and that in different races, then that is a well-founded statement. What I'm supposed to prove to YOU now using any numbers is a mystery to me.

If others write that they lose countless places in the box because the AI is so much faster in the box, then the statement is either not correct and the "feeling" is wrong, or there were other differences (by the way, I already listed them). such as. the amount of fuel that can explain something like that.

But no advantage of the AI over normal players, as is assumed here.

Latest Posts

Back