Pit Stops, what’s happening??

• Thread starter 1Lambofan
  • 19 comments
United States
Poughkeepsie, NY
Deathstroke636
The game is pretty good, when you don’t have pit stops in a race. I can’t even begin to think of how many times races have gone like this.:

Let’s say a 5H race, battling with the front group the whole race, when pit stop times come, I come out dead last or second to last. Every time. I have tried turning tire wear off, and nothing happens. I still come out dead or almost dead last.

How can I be going from a top five position, pit, and come out in last or almost last place? Time after time?

This happens with different cars on different tracks. I do however do the endurance races using mainly GT3 or GTE.

So does anybody else experience this?

This same thing happens to me. First I thought it was just the tires (because of the issue with them barley wearing after hours of driving), but I even tried it with tire wear off. Still happens.

Doing great, pit, somehow I’m almost dead last.

I do long endurance races offline all the time. If I'm the first to pit of course I'll come out near last. But the a.i. eventually pits and it sorts itself out. I must misunderstand your issue here.

I do long endurance races offline all the time. If I'm the first to pit of course I'll come out near last. But the a.i. eventually pits and it sorts itself out. I must misunderstand your issue here.
How long does it usually take to sort itself out?

How long does it usually take to sort itself out?

When the a.i. needs to refuel. Usually 40-60 minutes into the race with normal tire wear. Not sure if a.i. double stint their tires or not so that's where you can also be losing time in pits along with damage fix.

I myself usually pit when the a.i. starts to pit, see if that helps.

When the a.i. needs to refuel. Usually 40-60 minutes into the race with normal tire wear. Not sure if a.i. double stint their tires or not so that's where you can also be losing time in pits along with damage fix.

I myself usually pit when the a.i. starts to pit, see if that helps.
Yeah, all of the races age stayed at least 1 hour 30 mins into it, and I gain maybe 3 positions from last.

The race I attempted last night, I even turned tire wear off so I didn’t have to change tires. I still came out 21/25.

Yeah, all of the races age stayed at least 1 hour 30 mins into it, and I gain maybe 3 positions from last.

The race I attempted last night, I even turned tire wear off so I didn’t have to change tires. I still came out 21/25.
Are you sure the AI are pitting? Even the soft tires for GT3 last a very long time.

Are you sure the AI are pitting? Even the soft tires for GT3 last a very long time.
Yeah they are. But it seems as if they’re taking half a tank of fuel when some of them are going even longer than I do.

I have to give it a try with damage turned off to see if that makes a difference. But I have pitted with little to no damage and it still happens.

This isn't like I'm new and doing something wrong (That I know of at least. I am human). I did endurance races in PC1 all the time and this never once happened. If the new patch doesn't sort things out, I may try deleting and reinstalling the game to see if that does anything to help.

Nothing more frustrating than driving for an hour, pit in 1st or 2nd place only to come out almost dead last just from doing a normal pit stop. I never make the places back up from other cars pitting either. Maybe a place or two but that's about it. It's so strange.

I was really hoping that more people were seeing this. Not that I want the game to have something wrong, but at least I wouldn't feel like I was alone in experiencing this (aside from the OP obviously).

Sorry man I'm just not getting this on my end. I did a 12 hour race last week. Multiclass, lmp1, lmp2, gte at le mans. I was in the aston, I'd pit around every 50 minutes for a full tank of fuel. Fall back near bottom place, then make the places back up (slowly) for the next 30 minutes. The last couple hours of the race I'd have to plan my pit stops backwards so I have all the fuel I need for the rest of the race before the rest of the a.I do their final stop. I qualified 6th, finished 2nd btw :cool:

Edit: maybe watch replay post race? See how long a.i. is in pits compared to you.

I have to give it a try with damage turned off to see if that makes a difference. But I have pitted with little to no damage and it still happens.

This isn't like I'm new and doing something wrong (That I know of at least. I am human). I did endurance races in PC1 all the time and this never once happened. If the new patch doesn't sort things out, I may try deleting and reinstalling the game to see if that does anything to help.

Nothing more frustrating than driving for an hour, pit in 1st or 2nd place only to come out almost dead last just from doing a normal pit stop. I never make the places back up from other cars pitting either. Maybe a place or two but that's about it. It's so strange.

I was really hoping that more people were seeing this. Not that I want the game to have something wrong, but at least I wouldn't feel like I was alone in experiencing this (aside from the OP obviously).
Maybe set up some short races with mandatory pitstops and try different strategies and check the times

Sorry man I'm just not getting this on my end. I did a 12 hour race last week. Multiclass, lmp1, lmp2, gte at le mans. I was in the aston, I'd pit around every 50 minutes for a full tank of fuel. Fall back near bottom place, then make the places back up (slowly) for the next 30 minutes. The last couple hours of the race I'd have to plan my pit stops backwards so I have all the fuel I need for the rest of the race before the rest of the a.I do their final stop. I qualified 6th, finished 2nd btw :cool:

Edit: maybe watch replay post race? See how long a.i. is in pits compared to you.

Maybe set up some short races with mandatory pitstops and try different strategies and check the times

Both good ideas. I’ll try them out. Thanks.

Think I will also try pitting when the car ahead of me pits, (even if I have fuel left) just to see what happens.

Thanks for all the ideas and opinions everyone.

I personally have done mandatory pit stops on 1 hour races, they pay within the first 10 laps for stop and go. :(

Thanks for all the reply guys, when I get home from school, I’ll do a 2 hour race and complete it, and see if it works itself out.

I personally have done mandatory pit stops on 1 hour races, they pay within the first 10 laps for stop and go. :(

Thanks for all the reply guys, when I get home from school, I’ll do a 2 hour race and complete it, and see if it works itself out.

For 1 hour races with a mandatory stop turn accelerated tire wear on, and mandatory stop off, it works better because a.i. pits closer to half way in the race and changes tires.

Last night I did a 2 hour race at Le Circuit Bugatti in the Mclaren 650S GT3, the last 10 minutes of the first stint, i calculated how much fuel to put in. I didn’t fix any damage I had or change tires. And to my surprising, the pit stops seemed to work fine. The group I was in got split up during pit stops and me and 3 other cars were battling in the last stint (I finish 6th btw)

I’ll probably do another 2 hour race tonight just to make sure.

Slightly off topic, but is anyone else noticing AI pits way too often? After patch 2 tire wear has reduced dramatically for me; half an hour with accelerated tire wear and I barely lose 20% of hard slicks, yet in 1.5 hour races AI pits every 30 minutes like clockwork.

Slightly off topic, but is anyone else noticing AI pits way too often? After patch 2 tire wear has reduced dramatically for me; half an hour with accelerated tire wear and I barely lose 20% of hard slicks, yet in 1.5 hour races AI pits every 30 minutes like clockwork.

That's because a.i. tire wear works as intended but is not working correctly for the player, hopefully this is addressed post patch 3. Sms was made aware of it a while ago, should be fixed.

Yep, that seems to be the exact problem. In this thread there's mentioning of true tire wear showing up in the indicator as soon as you enter the pits, but I've yet to pay attention to that.

I’ve also found out that I can’t do a good race at Long Beach because the ai tap the wall or each other (which is understandable) and pit immediately because they have a slight bit of damage.

Back