PJ's Paints

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 47 comments
I know I said I was going to try to shoot that Aston on the One X, but I don't see it as a purchasable vehicle, so I'm not sure when I'd be able to get around to it :(

Thanks for the kind words :)

Updated my paint stats to the end of December. I've noticed a surge in activity since Christmas, I'm now getting over 1,000,000 CR every day in Paint income.

Last edited:
2018 Formula E #28 Porsche Team 9E1

Base car: 2017 Formula E #47 Panasonic Jaguar Racing 1-Type 1

28366850198_fbd3cc3896_c.jpg

42193343332_bd75c1a99a_c.jpg

40432314230_8c6c6cc30f_c.jpg

27369212587_16d2acf11a_c.jpg

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while. I think the lettering fonts in the vinyls section need to be updated. Scrapped altogether, and completely re-done. I don't know if anyone has noticed but they just don't fit anything. In other words, none of the fonts match anything in racing or automotive history. It's as if they just took 8 or 9 random fonts and included them in the game and we've been using them ever since and no one has complained. Sure there are a few that have some use. But others are just a complete waste of memory. Now, I'm not exactly a painting expert or a big-time paints contributor, but I would like to know what some of you other people think about this. What I would like to see is some more "Racing Friendly" fonts. Think of the lettering used in auto manufacturer's logo's or the lettering for the model name emblazoned on the car on the rear bumper or on the sides. Also think of the numbering for race cars. I just find a lot of what we've been using, never gets used and we'd be better served with some updated and more useful fonts. That's just my opinion. What do you think?

All of the “Forza fonts” are default Microsoft typefaces, probably cheap and easy to license.

Most teams use commercial or custom typefaces, which would be costly to implement.

I’d like those of course (numbers too) but it’s probably not feasible.

That makes sense, but it just seems so trivial. I mean seriously, how much would a license for typeface cost? just throw some more advertisements in there and cost is covered. Like I said, some of the ones they have are just useless. The old Western font? The old school Roman? Those are fine for a Covered Wagon or a Chariot, but not for racing. It just seems like they threw stuff they own the rights to and dumped them in. I am sure that there are other fonts that they own, which we can use, that would serve a better purpose.

Type faces cost more than you think.
There’s also a difference in cost depending on use. Something that may be relatively cheap for your own use could be exponentially more expensive when used in a product that is seen my multiple million people.

I guess the people who make these decisions would rather put that money towards licensing more cars, which makes sense.

I will agree with that. I'd rather have more cars and more tracks. It's just frustrating that so much content, improvements and benefits are held back from us because every company wants to have maximum money at all costs. Because in the end, it's we who pays the price. Argh!

PJ, do you intend to port your Tic Tac livery for the 81 Fiesta over to the FE version? It could really use an upgrade in the paint department.

Back