• 36 comments
United States
Ohio
Lessenjr
UPDATE:

1. Series moving to PC platform
  2. Day/Time TBD-Most likely weekend & euro time friendly

VISION:
Welcome to PKARTS! This is a one-make league with the goal of promoting a realistic race environment by replicating real world karting race days with as much detail and options as Project Cars 2 offers.

Last edited:
@Cardahs Lets run a mock race this Wednesday evening. Well see how smoothly the program goes and look at the timing. If there's extra time I'm wondering if we should add a third Pre-Final race to total 4 points races per event. Just a thought.

Pretty successful mock race last night. @Cardahs and I ran through the entire program which amounted to almost exactly 2 hours. The format is a lot of fun and really feels like a day at the kart track. Lap times and competitiveness were quite respectable for the limited prep. I'm pretty happy with it for the most part.

We'll do another non-points race again next Wednesday, and hopefully gather a couple more people too. :)

Had loads of fun, the format was great. I look forward to racing again next Wednesday.

Last edited:
I'm looking to try to get this off the ground again.

I have no set time or day to run this, but I'm thinking the program should only last about 1 Hr. tops

I would like to run a test race night this evening if I can get a reasonable amount of interest.

3 sprint races w/qualifiers

Sorry Lessen, I don't really have time for much racing at the moment. I'm sure alot of the PITS guys would join in, it's only temporary I'll be back soon.

Let me know when you have more time available. I'm VERY busy these days as well, but I've got to find ways to steal an hour or so for myself here and there other wise I'm just going to end up with a nice house I can't appreciate.

Big thanks to all the drivers who came out to test with me last night. I personally had a good time and enjoyed some really close battles. I'll be thinking about some final details and hopefully get something put together in the near future as far as a Day/Time and whatnot.

@Zii1993
@SGETI
@Mike Lobban
Old Bear
Racer420 88

This upcoming Monday (Jan. 23 @ 8:30 EST) will host a final test event for this series concept in its current form. For those not following along, it has been simplified and shorterend to run in about a 1 Hr. window. The OP is now current and accurate, but basically there will be three sprint races, each with qualifiers. All six sessions award points (see OP for details). There is no multi-week championship, so what happens on Mondays stays on Mondays. :)

Hope to see many of you there. 👍

@Gr8_Lakes
@aerolite
@Mike Lobban
@Lessen
@Oshawa-Joe
@JoeW
@Schmiggz
@DesertPenguin09
@swjaxon
@Add1son9
@austindeckerGT5
@Cole Brown
@DMacs13
@Fallen_log
@ffbbs
@flatspunout
@gotdirt410sp
@gtr3123
@joe_diben
@Magrathea_42
@nmcp1
@ONESPACE
@RALLYBOY5254
@SCCARACER36
@Silentkiller
@2pfspiff
@terrible1fi
@Vitessekid
@VonSlamStone
@xsite
@Zii1993
@JLBowler
@brntguy
@FlipJ
@redorwhite
@Scorpion0001
@Ph1sher
@dgriffin28
@BradStevoo
@kickenit4evr
@GTD_druid
@yogi bear
@racer420

I might join this later on once I eventually get a racing wheel. Aiming to get the Thrustmaster T300RS Servo Base with the TH8A Shifter Addon, T3PA Pro Pedal addon, and one of the few different wheels thrustmaster has or I can get a $25 piece and use any quick release wheel (Grip Royal, Momo, etc..)

I might join this later on once I eventually get a racing wheel. Aiming to get the Thrustmaster T300RS Servo Base with the TH8A Shifter Addon, T3PA Pro Pedal addon, and one of the few different wheels thrustmaster has or I can get a $25 piece and use any quick release wheel (Grip Royal, Momo, etc..)

When the day finally comes and I can get a rig put together I'll probably add a real kart steering wheel into my steering options. :D

Once daylight saving changes and the difference is only 1 hour, I'll be on this, I dig karts.
But the 3 hours difference (and a small baby) makes it pretty hard to swing.

Once daylight saving changes and the difference is only 1 hour, I'll be on this, I dig karts.
But the 3 hours difference (and a small baby) makes it pretty hard to swing.
Ah man and we thought that this would work out better for you if you return to classes on mondays.

Ah man and we thought that this would work out better for you if you return to classes on mondays.
I will. I haven't turned the PS4 on since before Xmas, unfortunately. I'm hoping tonight is the night though.
And race camp will return. I really enjoy doing it, as it helps me more than anyone else.

I will. I haven't turned the PS4 on since before Xmas, unfortunately. I'm hoping tonight is the night though.
And race camp will return. I really enjoy doing it, as it helps me more than anyone else.

If people will consider it, I think Monday's will be like a clinic of sorts. Karts are the best vehicle to focus on smoothness and basic driving principles. Follow that up with your camp and that's a full evening of becoming a better driver/racer.

If people will consider it, I think Monday's will be like a clinic of sorts. Karts are the best vehicle to focus on smoothness and basic driving principles. Follow that up with your camp and that's a full evening of becoming a better driver/racer.
I would be onboard with that, yes. And I agree, there's no better way to gauge who's who but to drive karts, especially in simulation, where weight is not a factor (said the dude that weighs 220+ and is annoyed every single F time a lightweight get him on the straights after murdering the last corner).

Interested drivers,

I've created a pKARTS community group and sent out a bunch of invites. The community is open so anybody who finds it in the listings may join.

Any driver interested in partcipating this upcoming Monday should friend request me if you're not already so I can get race invites out in a timely manner. I will send invites around 8:15pm EST. I urge everybody to get into the lobby at least 10 minutes early if you want any say in the track choice for the night.

The event will be very "bang, bang". That is to say it will progress as quick as is feasible. I'm thinking we'll allow 5 minutes after each of the Pre-Finals. That way foks can get a short rest on the arms as well as a quick bathroom break. It will also allow me to quickly input and post scoring. I intend to post after each of the three races. If you want to track your progress be sure to join the pKARTS community group as that is where I will post results. Otherwise I will post the evenings complete results at the top of this thread.

I don't know how I got here, lol. I don't have Pcars at the moment but plan on picking it back up after I snag a G29

Planning to take this concept to PC platform for the release of PCARS2. I expect the single-speed 100cc kart to provide the perfect platform for driver development and fine tuning of competitive race planning, performance and instinct for drivers of all disciplines and levels of experience.

Post here if interested.

-Lessen

Back