"Plan" view of a livery !

• Thread starter Aweoob
  • 37 comments
France
France
Aweoob
Hello guys (I don't know if I post this thread in the right place)

I found something funny about liveries in community section of GT Website !

Let's take an example with this random livery : https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...arLivery/livery/3038606/1/8440309751184622096

If you display the image in fullscreen, it will redirect you to this URL : https://s3.amazonaws.com/gt7sp-prod/livery/96/20/62/8440309751184622096_23.jpg

8440309751184622096_23.jpg

And here is the "funny" moment, if you replace at the end of the URL "_23.jpg" by "_1.png", you'll have a nice surprise !

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gt7sp-prod/livery/96/20/62/8440309751184622096_1.png

8440309751184622096_1.png

You'll see a stroke which "divide" the picture in two parts... It happens for every liveries made with a PS4 Slim/Fat. Il you try this method with a livery made by a PS4 Pro, you'll not have this stroke !

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gt7sp-prod/livery/57/90/47/8512436696059479057_1.png

8512436696059479057_1.png

(example with an Alpine livery made with a PS4 Pro, and there is no stroke in the middle of the picture).

I do not know if you already knew the trick, but I share it for those who are not aware ! It doesn't serve much, but I admit to being surprised when I found it ! But I asked myself why PoDi save this kind of image and what is this for ?

PS : it works for helmets and driver suits too ;)

...following on, if you change the end to 0.json it will download a file.. any other number (example 1.json, 2.json etc) will give an AccessDenied error.
But the JSON file is encrypted somehow...
Could somebody shed more light on how to possibly decrypt?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gt7sp-prod/livery/96/20/62/8440309751184622096_0.json

Contents:
Code:
Ĺî÷˙rý˙˙ŤRÁN„0ýŇ31…Ec¸éŮ={0›¦K+m„–´ĹŤŮđᄊ¬n4    fćÍ›÷f8“Ž;ÖY!I»««ű’8±F‘˜łsŻŚôž´ô†¦'•Ţ¤!-hfěČ´@ąĽD™¦*‰™ÇŁt©”st‰Í^÷†>ĆYŹű碦-ęFO˛Řsă‹Šw鼶&
qÁÚ€‘v°ŕ}ć¬Á©¸gIoĘşWîĐuŐq×&öĺL˘b@'îCźëŹČďŞ2˝‡ĄüÁǤކě¶!ÍoČVµ“ĚŤ˝'OZ°WgŁ—;‘“8˜Ľl®(ćť””:rí†×“iÓ)6Oů4».)ëjnż»‘w˙ ŃFŘÓµÜ?~ş,ź

Hooo this is something that would be veeeery useful for someone like me who's a 3D modeler. All angles of a car, all to scale! Perfect blueprint. I would do i myself if I had the game and console, but if someone ever decides to make those views for each car in the game, please hit me up with a pack download for all the blueprints!

If we could decrypt the JSON that would could (potentially) be HUUUGE... could be a lot of info in that thing

Unlike decals, since we've got no way of getting anything back into the game, it might be interesting, but I'm not sure what we could use it for.

But I asked myself why PoDi save this kind of image and what is this for

Perhaps it's a quick view for checking liveries that have been reported.

Unlike decals, since we've got no way of getting anything back into the game, it might be interesting, but I'm not sure what we could use it for.

Perhaps it's a quick view for checking liveries that have been reported.

For one, what if it contained a list of all decals used in the livery? ;)

For one, what if it contained a list of all decals used in the livery? ;)

Questionable ethics on that one. I share the decals I want to share, I don't share the ones I don't want to share. I wouldn't be particularly keen if people could reach in and get the unshared ones themselves. I'm not even that keen on the current decal security issues.

Questionable ethics on that one. I share the decals I want to share, I don't share the ones I don't want to share. I wouldn't be particularly keen if people could reach in and get the unshared ones themselves. I'm not even that keen on the current decal security issues.

I doubt you would have access to any unshared assets... But, yes this is encrypted for a reason

I'm glad that my find interests you guys ! If I ever find new things about it, I'll let you know !

I'll try to see if it is possible de read/decrypt the json files.

Nice. This seems like a good addition to the livery editor competitions, use this as the ‘main’ showcase image, and of course hotlink the actual livery too. Hmmmm.

Is it possible that the Json files contain 3D models of the car and livery ? It can explain why we can't read them correctly...

The JSON could be the actual skin itself, IE all the SVG data, scale, position etc

I've long suspected that such a file exists and whilst it's handy to keep a backup if it's true, without being able to feed the file back into the game it doesn't serve much of a purpose.

Not sure on the purpose of the plan view. It doesn't appear to be a skin due to the fact that it it exhibits lighting effects and is also too low res.

Yes, I suspect the JSON is used by the game and not an online asset.
Not sure if all SVG data and style/coordinate/scaling data, but it could be possible. It would have to be highly compressed though, and that's something else I suspect, that it is not encryption but compression... or both.

Yes, it is the current standard data container used in JavaScript, but JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) itself is rarely compressed or encrypted.
That's another weird thing about this.
If they wanted compression or encryption, then why use a json? Could use a different solution.

Personally I don't think the JSON file is related to the livery itself. Why would they use a script language instead of just a simple xml based option? You'd use Java for doing things, not storing things... it might perhaps act as an interface between where/however the livery information is stored, and the game itself.

Personally I don't think the JSON file is related to the livery itself. Why would they use a script language instead of just a simple xml based option? You'd use Java for doing things, not storing things... it might perhaps act as an interface between where/however the livery information is stored, and the game itself.

Not exactly. JSON is a container of data, just like XML. It is not a executable script.
JSON is much easier to write, parse and generally work with, than XML.

Code:
{
    "id": "pioSko",
    "sex": "Yes, please",
    "decals": [
            {
                "data": "<svg>etc etc</svg>",
                "x": 100,
                "y": 100,
                "rotation": 24
            },
           {
                "x": 200,
                "y": 300,
                "rotation": 0
            }
    ]
}

So, aboveJson.decals[0].x = 100 ...

Almost all new websites use some form of JSON nowadays...
Gran Turismo website for example:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/module/community/localize/

Not exactly. JSON is a container of data, just like XML. It is not a executable script.
JSON is much easier to write, parse and generally work with, than XML.

Code:
{
    "id": "pioSko",
    "sex": "Yes, please",
    "decals": [
            {
                "x": 100,
                "y": 100,
                "rotation": 24
            },
           {
                "x": 200,
                "y": 300,
                "rotation": 0
            }
    ]
}

Almost all new websites use some form of JSON nowadays...
Gran Turismo website for example:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/module/community/localize/

Fair enough. I thought it was typically used for getting data in and out of a script though?

It still seems too small to me to contain livery data. Looking at the JSON from a simple livery versus a complex livery doesn't seem to change much in terms of the number of characters. I've read that JSON doesn't really compress - but I've got no real idea on that myself?

Fair enough. I thought it was typically used for getting data in and out of a script though?

It still seems too small to me to contain livery data. Looking at the JSON from a simple livery versus a complex livery doesn't seem to change much in terms of the number of characters. I've read that JSON doesn't really compress - but I've got no real idea on that myself?

Correct on all counts.
I have been suspicious that they're only 300 bytes or so... but saying that I have seen 100mb text files compressed to 1mb :/ .. and treated like text, JSON could compress.

I, honestly, highly doubt it is the whole livery data, but it is in my nature to need to know what the f' is inside it lol Might be just basic info on the livery like id or name, or some other useless data we don't know about.

Back