Play Gran Turismo Sport at the 2017 Seoul Motor Show

All my friends that had access to the beta try out of Grandturismo Sports are pretty much unanimous that the game is still a piece of holy crap! Arcade physics ftw.

I'm definitely buying GTsports. 1 and mainly because it gives you a chance of driving different cars on different tracks and 2 because poor conditions brings out the best of you. GTsports arcadish physics can be a very valid school for car handling and control in the real simulators.

I think it is truly funny the everybody in the whole world seems to get to play this but not the people on the continent who's buying decision will determine if this game is a success or a failure. :lol:
I think how much it sells compared to FM should be taken into consideration. GT5 and 6 didn't sell all that much more in NA (the United States, really).

So in fact, GT needs help in NA.

Plenty of racing games, Forza is the new king but the 90's/early 2000's are over for the huge market.
(soon a year of the five same tracks?)

All my friends that had access to the beta try out of Grandturismo Sports are pretty much unanimous that the game is still a piece of holy crap! Arcade physics ftw.

Oh crap I hope it isn't really I do, but I guess our fear is it will

PC2 will be our saviour again and GTR3 perhaps is the next big sim physics thing! Still some choices out there

Just curious, but would you happen to know if all of your friends tried it without aids?

Another day another Gran Turismo Sport well be at this gaming show :rolleyes: it'll be the year 3000 and gts is still making the rounds to every car show, gaming show, you name it :crazy: Wish it could make the round over to my local GS already :rolleyes:

Which i will only buy if it has the P1 Of course

Physics are a step above GT6 and a bit above Forza 5, likely closer to PCARS1 than to Assetto Corsa. It's a welcome update in physics as camber seems to be remedied as well. However they really need to update the penalty system and other neglected areas. Not worried about physics as much as the rest of the game, including the same dumb, lackluster AI that provides little to no challenge on pro level.

I think expecting a great Granturismo title again is like expecting a new great Rolling Stones record!!! Ain't happening.
As far as I'm concerned the franchise isn't over yet and the full release isn't even close yet.

I think that the physics are pretty close to Asseto, however, the tires overheat way to easily, and when they do, they turn into complete ice. I understand that racing tires loose grip pretty abruptly, but the lack of grip was pretty unrealistic. However, everything else was quite good physics wise. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. It is a huge step up from GT6 in my opinion.

samuel-jackson-grandturismo-grandturismo-aint-no-game-i-ever-heard-of.jpg

That's why! Tell them to play the beta of Gran Turismo Sport! ;)

Are you telling me that a racing game's physics get better if you add driving aids?
:rolleyes:
Pretty sure he was suggesting the opposite.

Last edited:
I have the beta and I love it, it does remind me of PC 1 only better , if you turn off all the aids its great and the graphics are the best I've seen. I wish it had a little more road feel but at least when you get the car out of shape you can get it back. The racing feels realistic and it sounds good also.

Unfortunately, Canada keeps being left out of these events so I didn't get a chance to get my hands on this demo to have a personal opinion about it.
First readings I had about it was not good at all referring to physics and sounds like a copy/paste from GT6.

Amused to read bitterness and negative expectations of the people who themselves actually even haven't tested GTS.
Can't wait the show and GTS there!
Good thing all these are drowned out by "Rose Tinted Glasses" that HAVE NOT played the game

And what makes you think your technical opinion is any better than people that includes a GTAcademy finalist?
Because the physics are clearly better than GT6's. They're not perfect, but very far from "arcade". Also, I would say my opinion is just as good given the fact that I do participate in performance driving in real life.

Seoul Motor Show hostesses are among the best of all motorshows in the world. If you are lucky to be there take a look.

Back