"Play Time" and "Time Driven"

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 9 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hello all.

Did a quick search and couldn´t find much info on the matter. If there is already a discussion, please direct me to it :)

With that said, I've been wondering about the "Play Time" and "Time Driven" counters in the game's stats.

At first I always assumed that "Play Time" was the grand total time in the game, on and off the track, and "Time Driven", well, time spent on the track. Makes sense, yes? Apparently not.

Currently my "Play Time" is 567hrs, and "Time Driven" is 848hrs. The logical thing to assume is that "Play Time" is the time spent in game NOT on track, and "Time Driven" is the time ON track. However, that means my total time would be 1.415hrs, and that comes down to over 2.5hrs of playtime per day on average since relase.

I play GTS almost exclusively, but I don't play this amount. Yes, there are some days where I do longer sessions, but many days as well where I just hop in the Tomahawk for a super quick daily workout to have a go at the roulette. Also I've spent some time as well out of the country or out of town and not played at all.

Are these counters flawed in some way, or do I maybe just play more then I think? :D

I think 'play time' accounts for all the cursor movement in all off track parts of the game. 👍

I don't think it counts anything when the game is left idle in menus and such.

Counters are flawed... Last time i checked my average speed was -50km/h or 30mph. Don't know if it's due to mileage not saving or inaccurate time driven; well it did show ~100h time driven way too early after just finishing daily marahtons for livery editor... More time spent than after finishing Witcher 3 story twice.

Back