Player harassment.

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 30 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'm after some advice please. Yesterday I qualified on pole for the nation's GR2 race at Nurburgring with a quite average 1:51.4. I always wait in the pits as long as possible for a clear track. I didnt come across another car in my 3 laps, just the way i like it.
I went on to win but only by 0.3 of a second! During my race up until the last lap I went unchallenged and didn't come across a single car. I got a clean bonus for my efforts!
Anyway, after it a player going by a singer's name who was originally called William Broad who might be a rebel and into weddings decided to get extremely abusive towards me. This guy finished 17th so why the abuse I will never know. Even other players seemed baffled by his ways. I clicked on his name and reported him. After exiting the race I got some PlayStation notifications. He had messaged me through the network. The messages are totally unrepeatable on here so I will leave it to your imagination. I reported him again then blocked him.
This morning I had a network notification that he had been warned for it. I entered the Gr3 race at Blue Moon Bay and low and behold he was in there. The abuse started again. Then this evening in the manufacturers race, he's there again! And yes, the abuse started again both before and after the race. I reported it once again.
What i can't get my head around is that I've blocked him from any interaction on the PlayStation network yet that block counts for nothing in a game - that seems just plain ridiculous, an open invite to bypass the system. Is there any way in the game I can block this guy? I've searched and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm after some advice please. Yesterday I qualified on pole for the nation's GR2 race at Nurburgring with a quite average 1:57.4. I always wait in the pits as long as possible for a clear track. I didnt come across another car in my 3 laps, just the way i like it.
I went on to win but only by 0.3 of a second! During my race up until the last lap I went unchallenged and didn't come across a single car. I got a clean bonus for my efforts!
Anyway, after it a player going by a singer's name who was originally called William Broad who might be a rebel and into weddings decided to get extremely abusive towards me. This guy finished 17th so why the abuse I will never know. Even other players seemed baffled by his ways. I clicked on his name and reported him. After exiting the race I got some PlayStation notifications. He had messaged me through the network. The messages are totally unrepeatable on here so I will leave it to your imagination. I reported him again then blocked him.
This morning I had a network notification that he had been warned for it. I entered the Gr3 race at Blue Moon Bay and low and behold he was in there. The abuse started again. Then this evening in the manufacturers race, he's there again! And yes, the abuse started again both before and after the race. I reported it once again.
What i can't get my head around is that I've blocked him from any interaction on the PlayStation network yet that block counts for nothing in a game - that seems just plain ridiculous, an open invite to bypass the system. Is there any way in the game I can block this guy? I've searched and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Maybe next time you could try this,

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...nother-playstation-network-user/#Messages_PS4

psn.png

Hopefully they get banned so you, and everyone else, don't have to put up with that kind of behaviour.

The thing is if the game stops matching you with players you have blocked on PSN you could just go ahead and block every player that is faster than you so you won‘t get matched with him again

Yeah good point. However, after PSN have been involved with it there should be a way to stop people like him interacting on games as well as it wasn't just a block for the sake of a block!

True but if it just was like „block the player and you won‘t get matched with him again“ people would just exploit it to basically have races treated as time trials as there won‘t be any opponent :lol: They‘d just block every GTS player and race on their own

What I mean is, as PSN have been involved for a breach of conduct, there should be a method in action for that type of circumstance to block the player from all games too. Seems pointless for them to get involved for harassment but then allow it to continue in the game.

Implementing this block from sport mode would be hell and probably go against their own rules. If gets to the point where you think they should block him from races you’re in, probably the best idea would be for them to just block him from the game. I mean, he’s not following the rules he agreed to follow.

What I mean is, as PSN have been involved for a breach of conduct, there should be a method in action for that type of circumstance to block the player from all games too. Seems pointless for them to get involved for harassment but then allow it to continue in the game.
This is not possible afaik you can still encounter them in all games if matchmaking puts you together.

The online world is a rough place. Although the conduct is inexcusable try use it as a way to work on your banter maybe. Although I have to say shouldn't you be able to mute the voice and squelch the chat?

Can't do much about him trying to ram you off but try to not give it attention. He will eventually leave.

I dont know, but I always enjoy if people rage on me for no reason (Only in gaming of course).
It's quite hilarious if a player who starts miles behind you gives you **** out of nowhere :lol:

Thing is, it wasn't just race rage. This was homophobic, racist real nasty stuff (think he presumed I was black and gay from the tone of it all !)
This is why it even baffled other players who were asking what the hell he was ranting about or for. I can take race rage, that's just a baby needing attention. But pure hate speech is not tolerable especially when done for absolutely no reason at all.

Just keep reporting them both in the race and on PSN. You might want to even unblock him so you can collect more messages. Just be sure not to offensively engage with him though as anybody looking into it will take your behavior into account as well.

Not making excuses for his behavior but did you try asking him what he was upset about? Maybe one of you was suffering from a lag/connection problem that meant he experienced some interaction that you weren't aware of. Or maybe he's just a 🤬 who doesn't like losing.

I was in 1st all the way, 5 bar connection. He was 17th. I asked and got more abuse, that's the kind of person we're dealing with!

It takes time.

I had a similar issue with a player from Quebec and would see him even after multiple reports. But then one day he disappeared. He may have gotten permabanned from PSN

It takes time.

I had a similar issue with a player from Quebec and would see him even after multiple reports. But then one day he disappeared. He may have gotten permabanned from PSN

Which is a the right way imho. You have the other side of the coin where some belittled person gets angry and reports someone unfairly. These things needs to get approved higher up. The good thing is that there is lots of data on every person that plays on PSN. Chat logs from every game a person owns, every report ever made. So idiots will get what they deserve..

Back