Playground Games Expands Past the Forza Horizon Series

Hmm... I wonder what it can be. Something tells me its a new Fable game, but I am not sure. Plus the article says "new "open world RPG"". Not new IP, so it could be Fable, or it could be something new.

Either way, I hope its a play anywhere title. If not then I'll have to blow the dust off the XB1 and clear some HDD space. That is if the game is interesting enough to warrant a purchase.

According to Wikipedia, Playground Games is an independent studio. Ralph Fulton, head of PG was formerly a designer for Codemasters for the Dirt, F1, and Grid series (see his LinkedIn profile). If I had to guess this is a new IP. Pretty sure they mentioned that earlier this year, and they've been working on it for a while. Whether it will be revealed in 2018 remains to be seen. I highly doubt it would be a Fable game after the failure of Fable Legends. That would be a lot of resources to a lot to a Fable project right now IMO.

-k

I can’t wait for the first game, which will presumably be packed with great features that will slowly be removed with each new title. :P

I am curious though, Microsoft certainly needs something besides Forza to get people to pick up their console. Sure they have Halo, Gears, Fable and Crackdown, but I don’t think any of those really have the draw they used to if they had any at all.

Test drive unlimited 3 please lol

I believe big ben studios purchased the name a year or two ago; hopefully we hear something soon about that.

Considering the resume of the devs they hired for project two and the success of fh over fm, as well as the cash cow witch is gtao; I can only assume/hope its propper gta competition. As we know competition is good and gtao has none..

Back