Playing in 3D

  • Thread starter Thread starter lurch1984
  • 5 comments
  • 861 views
Messages
105
Messages
lurch1984
Hi to all, has anyone played GT5 in 3D and if so what is it like and is it worthing the 3D tv, thinking of getting one anyway but was just wondering if it was any good
 
I've heard that gt5 is amazing in 3D and has an amazing depth.
 
I have a 58" Samsung plasma 3D TV (PN58C8000). It is indeed cool, and I was using it a ton. Then I did the city night race and couldn't see very well at all. I turned it off for that race, but then started racing on other tracks, and still haven't turned it back on in a couple of weeks. I'm digging 2D for now. The frame rate seems lower in 3D, the color is definitely not as good (especially black levels), and the graphics are definitely lower res. Just not sure I love it. I gotta give it another go or two before I decide which I like better though. It's not a slam dunk "yo you gotta have this!" sorta thing.
 
I've played it in 3D at the Sony store at somerset mall (snooty tight assed rich people mall) and it was alright. I still can't watch 3D comfortably for a long time so ehhhhh. I personally don't think the 3D feature is so "cool". 3D is just a reincarnated fad from the 80's. it won't last. just a fad to get money IMO
 
I have a 58" VT25 series Panasonic 3d TV. It is the best 2d and 3d TV for 2010 according to CNET and other critics. I bought the TV not for the games but for the movies (Movie Buff) and they are indeed amazing in 3D. I play mostly at night with the surround sound, Butt kicker and all the light are off, its an immersing experience.


IF you have the means, I would recommend it.
 
There are threads galore on peoples experiences with 3D.. Ive only played for a very short time in a Sony Center.. It is a bit more immersive for me but not enough to warrant getting all the kit ;)
 
Back