Playseat Challenge Out of Stock most places, discontinued?

American Samoa
American Samoa
Hello,

I've got an old Wheelstand Pro and have recently bought T3PA pedals and am looking to replace the WSP with something with no centre post. It needs to be foldable and the Playseat Challenge looks good but appears to be out of stock most places, has it been discontinued?

I've also looked at the GT Omega but like the idea of the integrated seat.

Cheers.

Just in case anyone is in the same situation as me, I contacted Playseat and they have confirmed that the Challenge is not discontinued and new version is not being released.

www.box.co.uk has them for £150

In the same situation looking for one myself either in Canada or the US. Was going to get one at the microcenter near me as they had two in stock but as I went the next day they both sold before me and they are marked at 199.

Well I've had the Playseat for a few days now but only had the chance to give it a proper go yesterday. It's good. First thing I noticed is that it is better finished and sturdier than I thought it would be. The seating position is very good and comfortable and there is very little wobble on the wheel and is not at all noticeable when playing. Also it's worth mentioning that there us no sideways movement whatsoever. My new T3PA Pro pedals fit nicely and I just added a couple of cable ties for added support when folded. Very happy with it and it's leaps and bounds better to my old WSP.

My only possible downside is that the clip that holds the swing over wheel base is plastic, as are the screw tightenings that hold the pedals in place, time will tell if these are durable or not.

Saw something on the simracing reddit mentioning that someone talked to a rep online asking if more are going to come in stock and they replied that with the new year they aren't shipping anymore to the US and will only have them available for EU...hope that's nots true

Now according to another thread with a copy pasted reply from another Playseat staff member mentioning that the Challenge will be available again in the US mid February

It seems to me Playseat have a great product which sits pretty much in its own little niche but the company itself seems a bit all over the place when it comes to communication. I know when I contacted them regarding the availability here in the UK their website was showing stock but the customer services person told me they were getting stock in early January. I ended up buying from a third party.

Well I've had the Playseat for a few days now but only had the chance to give it a proper go yesterday. It's good. First thing I noticed is that it is better finished and sturdier than I thought it would be. The seating position is very good and comfortable and there is very little wobble on the wheel and is not at all noticeable when playing. Also it's worth mentioning that there us no sideways movement whatsoever. My new T3PA Pro pedals fit nicely and I just added a couple of cable ties for added support when folded. Very happy with it and it's leaps and bounds better to my old WSP.

My only possible downside is that the clip that holds the swing over wheel base is plastic, as are the screw tightenings that hold the pedals in place, time will tell if these are durable or not.

I use mine pretty much daily and also with T3PA Pro's, the clips and screws you mentioned are far more robust than the look and I've not had a singel issue with them. I've also attached a T8SA, button box and tactile shaker (so it gets shaken a lot on a daily basis) to the frame of mine and its as solid as the day I set it up.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eels-master-list.239878/page-15#post-11317229

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eels-master-list.239878/page-17#post-11674496

Last edited:
That's great to hear @Scaff , nice set up you've got there. I'm planning on getting a TH8A shifter at some point, just waiting to see if PCars 2 has its clutch issues fixed in an upcoming patch. Interested in the button box set up you have, what is is?

That's great to hear @Scaff , nice set up you've got there. I'm planning on getting a TH8A shifter at some point, just waiting to see if PCars 2 has its clutch issues fixed in an upcoming patch. Interested in the button box set up you have, what is is?
I just use a USB keypad with homemade stickers put on it, works more than well enough for me.

Still looking at getting a purpose built one.

If you are looking at a TH8A keep in mind three things:

• It will need to be mounted on the right, as it will foul the lift of the wheel on the left. I don't have an issue with it, as despite living in the UK I'm used to driving LHD cars, however it could be an issue until you get used to it.
  • While the TH8A is a great bit of kit and really well built, the standard throw is a bit long, as such I would recommend a short throw adaptor. I use the Richmotec one, but a few are available.
  • The challenge doesn't have a ready made bracket for a shifter, so you will need to use something else. I use a RAM mount kit from a Garmin sat nav (its designed for use on motorbikes). It did require a bit of drilling to make the mounting hols on the RAM base plate a bit bigger, but once on its rock solid.

I have no issues with the plastic screws on the pedal mount on my playseat challenge and have added a lot of extra spring force to my brake pedal. I have a plate running underneath the pedal set to clamp them onto the bars.

Also, I have mounted my th8a on the left (as I drive RHD) onto the frame just behind the bit that flips up with no issue either in use or folding away (using a right angle bracket from wickes and a U-bolt clamp from Halfords)

Last edited:
Back