Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
If I may add ,I just bought a Dxracer ps/1000 which to my knowledge is basically a GT OMEGA wheel stand just alil cheaper as in price ,and is in the USA so FREE shipping :)
Anyways ,if anyone is looking for a sturdy wheel stand this is it ! I was skeptical at first wandering if it was going to wobble or anything like that . But it is VERY sturdy and weighs about 30-40lbs. Imo its great just exactly what I was looking for and needed. I couldn't be any happier. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me anything. Here's a photo of my simple setup
2016-10-03 17.49.27.jpg
2016-10-03 17.50.13.jpg

Quick question. ..I was thinking of inverting my g27 pedals ,what do you guys think of inverted pedals ,is it worth it ?

That is like asking if the glass is half full or half empty. You will get opinions for both ways. From what I have read the process is straight forward and those who do convert, seem to be very happy.

That is like asking if the glass is half full or half empty. You will get opinions for both ways. From what I have read the process is straight forward and those who do convert, seem to be very happy.
Thanks for the info ,I do understand it's one of those questions that get that type of feedback . I will most likely end up inverting them ,just wanted a few opinions.

I'm wanting to buy a wheel stand. I live in the UK and am looking at either the Omega GT or the Wheel Stand Pro v2 for my Thrustmster T300RS / my friend may use it with his Logitech G29. Has anyone compared the two stands? What would you recommend?

- Both are comparatively priced
- Omega looks sturdier but heavy
- Wheel stand pro looks less sturdy but looks more portable

I'm wanting to buy a wheel stand. I live in the UK and am looking at either the Omega GT or the Wheel Stand Pro v2 for my Thrustmster T300RS / my friend may use it with his Logitech G29. Has anyone compared the two stands? What would you recommend?

- Both are comparatively priced
- Omega looks sturdier but heavy
- Wheel stand pro looks less sturdy but looks more portable
Hello swillisam , I recently bought the Dxracer wheel stand which is basically a GT omega stand and I really recommend it. Very sturdy when your playing, there is a tiny bit of wiggle but really doesn't affect your driving and don't even notice it. It weighs about 30-40 lbs depending on your wheel also .

What is it you are looking for in a wheelstand?

Any really nice pedal plates recommended for T3PA pedals? Something just feels all wrong with the chrome stock pedals as if they are too smooth...

Hello swillisam , I recently bought the Dxracer wheel stand which is basically a GT omega stand and I really recommend it. Very sturdy when your playing, there is a tiny bit of wiggle but really doesn't affect your driving and don't even notice it. It weighs about 30-40 lbs depending on your wheel also .

What is it you are looking for in a wheelstand?
Thanks for the reply :)

I'm looking to use it for Project Cars, Dirt Rally and any sims on PS4. I move around a bit (flats in the UK or country) which is why I'd prefer to get something light but I don't want to lose out on rigidity when using the wheel stand. Therefore I'm interested in the offset between the Omega GT and Wheel Stand Pro weight / rigidity. I wish I could have a complete Playseat but it's not realistic at present.

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm looking to use it for Project Cars, Dirt Rally and any sims on PS4. I move around a bit (flats in the UK or country) which is why I'd prefer to get something light but I don't want to lose out on rigidity when using the wheel stand. Therefore I'm interested in the offset between the Omega GT and Wheel Stand Pro weight / rigidity. I wish I could have a complete Playseat but it's not realistic at present.
Hello again , imo I would go with the gt omega stand. I'm sure it is more sturdy/stable than the wheel stand pro. For only 30-40lbs it's not hard to move if u need to move it. Also it folds up if you were looking to store it when not using it. To be honest you can't really go wrong with the omega. I think the price on the Omega is around $150 . I went on ebay and got one for around $140 ,so just do your homework on everything !

IMG_2158.JPG
I thought the wheel Stand Pro was great, very sturdy for me. But my wife got me a seat Stand since I was complaining about using the uncomfortable office chair. Besides the fact that the office chair has wheels on it, lol.

I conquered that problem. Now if I can just get the G29 to feel the way I'd like, as in realistic at all. I can't save a slide for anything. WAY slower than I am with DS3....so far.

Try this site to fine tune your wheel. Changing from a controller will take time. Many hours yet in the end will be well worth your time.

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings

Wow, this information looks like what I may need, other than time and practice...which it looks like I need to do before retuning things.

Are these settings downloaded from a PC to the wheel, or set in the game somewhere I'm unaware of?

Signed, clueless. :/

Are these settings downloaded from a PC to the wheel, or set in the game somewhere I'm unaware of?

these settings are in the game. Not at ps4 now, unable to give you direction. Look for control or settings cog and explore. will try to give better details later.

If anyone can help him now with where to locate these settings, please jump in.

I think if your in the main menu of Project cars ,press start or options button ,go to settings ,then click on controler settings and from there you can see even more options by pressing the L1 and R1 buttons .
Hope this helps,just going off of what I kno to change my settings

Tbh the stock settings are great and changing from a controller to wheel such as I did really really does take a lot of practice and feel for the wheel. But trust me it just keeps getting funner an funner once you get the hang of it

These were the pedal plates I decided to go for to replace he tiny T3PA plates. Nice feel on the accelerator and brake now. The G25 plate feels nice for the clutch. Also added heavy duty sticky back rubber to take out the dead zone in the brake and accelerator. Lovely feathering to it while keeping the tiny amount of dead zone for the clutch.

IMG_0009_-small.jpg
IMG_0010_-small.jpg

I've gone tactile!

Ordered a Reckhorn 2.1 amp and BS200 bass shaker kit, and have it set up on the rig. It's not in its final place as I'm waiting on delivery of two key clamps to make a better mount, however I had to have a go (updated with pictures of the keyclamp mounts).

Quite frankly it's amazing, worth every penny as it takes immersion to a whole new level.

View attachment 620093 View attachment 620094
IMG_20170114_002855.jpg

IMG_20170119_234644.jpg

Last edited:
@Scaff Are you on console or PC? How do those things work? Does it just shake on lower frequency sounds? I've seen people with 3 or 4 of those Butt Kickers things clamped underneath their seat on hardcore PC sim racing rigs. Does it just shake the entire time you drive? Does it start vibrating more on certain things and much less on other things?

@Scaff Are you on console or PC? How do those things work? Does it just shake on lower frequency sounds? I've seen people with 3 or 4 of those Butt Kickers things clamped underneath their seat on hardcore PC sim racing rigs. Does it just shake the entire time you drive? Does it start vibrating more on certain things and much less on other things?

I'm on the PS4, and am in the process of putting a full write up of how they work, how you install them and what titles work well and which ones don't. Should be ready in the next day or two.

I've gone tactile!

Ordered a Reckhorn 2.1 amp and BS200 bass shaker kit, and have it set up on the rig. It's not in its final place as I'm waiting on delivery of two key clamps to make a better mount, however I had to have a go.

Quite frankly it's amazing, worth every penny as it takes immersion to a whole new level.

View attachment 620093 View attachment 620094 View attachment 620095
Nice man ,I've been looking for something like this . Do you mind me asking how much that kit was ? Thanks.

Back