Playseat Evolution Moving/not staying in place??

• Thread starter Texaco
  • 6 comments
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
t-man_01
So I've recently picked up a used Playseat Evo with Logitech G29. I Took the rig home pre assembled as previous owner said he didnt have any of the hex screws to disassemble.

It was really fun once I tried it but almost immediately noticed an issue.. the rear part of the rig ( part that connects to the seat) slides backwards, moving me away from the pedals everytime I press the brakes.

I took out some hex screws I had and tried tightening screws that weren't tight and disassembled the rear portion just in case and re assembled.. still no difference.

Theres some scratches on the bar where the adjustment knob is supposed to tighten (ill attach a picture to show this).. but i doubt its enough to cause this problem.

Is this a normal issue? Or is my problem unique? What can I do to fix this issue? Is it a good idea to drill a hole on the bar thats scratched up so the adjustmend knob will have a place to sink in and not simply slide?

Attachments

• 20190622_184123.jpg
    20190622_184123.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
You must tight the knob hard.to not to move.use a towel to have a firm grip to the knob to tighten it hard so it will not move.

You must tight the knob hard.to not to move.use a towel to have a firm grip to the knob to tighten it hard so it will not move.

Thanks but ofcourse I did tighten it hard.

Anyway, I loosened both knobs, tightened the one slipping first, and then the other. And so far it seems better than before

Thanks but ofcourse I did tighten it hard.

Anyway, I loosened both knobs, tightened the one slipping first, and then the other. And so far it seems better than before

I'm not familiar with this rig but I know from experience that an anti-friction compound might help in the instance where you are encountering metal sliding over metal. I use a compound made for racing bicycles for example. My Buttkicker mounting arm kept slipping on my Trakracer rig (probably because the buttkicker mounts on a horizontal stub instead of a vertical one) despite tightening it as much as possible. I applied the afore-mentioned anti-friction compound on the mounting stub and haven't had the slightest problem since (and that was two months ago).

I'm not familiar with this rig but I know from experience that an anti-friction compound might help in the instance where you are encountering metal sliding over metal. I use a compound made for racing bicycles for example. My Buttkicker mounting arm kept slipping on my Trakracer rig (probably because the buttkicker mounts on a horizontal stub instead of a vertical one) despite tightening it as much as possible. I applied the afore-mentioned anti-friction compound on the mounting stub and haven't had the slightest problem since (and that was two months ago).

Thanks

I would use a conventional screw with a Torx or hexagon instead of the hand screw supplied and then tighten it with a tool with leverage. This should prevent the rod from slipping out.

Last edited:
Back