PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
If any one has PS+, Playstation are adding a bonus game COD Black Ops III for free this month. I tried it, graphics and game play are great. Grab it while you can, Zombies is great fun :cheers:

If any one has PS+, Playstation are adding a bonus game COD Black Ops III for free this month. I tried it, graphics and game play are great. Grab it while you can, Zombies is great fun :cheers:

Does it have a single player mode. COD doesn't really interest me but a SP mode makes it worth trying.

For the love of God PlayStation, I need space on my PS4 for RDR2 and TC2! Stop giving us all of these games for free!
Since the update where firmware allowed hdd external drives, I picked up a USB Seagate drive. I got a 4TB last year for only £70(ish). Quick format by PS4 when plugged in and ready to go and as quick as internal. I also now have one on Xbox with an extra 2TB some are cheaper than one game.
Highly recommend as it saves the hassle of keep deleting games 👍

If you find you don't need it you can format in future and use on PC/Xbox etc

Last edited:

I sold my BO3 because I really didn't like it. But I did like the zombie style take on the classic arcade game Smash TV. So I'm glad its free now.

@imported_rik19 It was an embeded twitter link..I had to use Capture (security) to embed then it gives you the Media BB code? (new I think) but it shows on my Chrome browser.

Looking forward to trying Mafia III.

Mafia 3 has a good story to it but can get rather repetitive towards the end of the game. Great 60's soundtrack as well.

Anyone know why all my apps including themes have a lock on them? Everything I downloaded since last night had a lock on them, says error if click on them. I just bought Trials rising and it has a lock on, so I restored licenses and now everything has lock so I can not play a single thing. Annoyed to say the least.

It is your primary PS4? I know mine have a padlock on them if I dont have internet as I game share and my PS4 inst my primary one

It is your primary PS4? I know mine have a padlock on them if I dont have internet as I game share and my PS4 inst my primary one
It is. I had that problem before too. Just restored licenses again with no luck. I have no explanation why this would suddenly happen.

Edit: I should point out everything is locked. Free demos, free themes. Free2play games. YouTube etc.

Edit2. Sorted the issue. I deactivated my account, and it unlocked the games. Reactivated it now and its working fine.

Last edited:
It is. I had that problem before too. Just restored licenses again with no luck. I have no explanation why this would suddenly happen.

Edit: I should point out everything is locked. Free demos, free themes. Free2play games. YouTube etc.

Edit2. Sorted the issue. I deactivated my account, and it unlocked the games. Reactivated it now and its working fine.

I've had this exact same issue today after having trouble installing DLC for one of my games and doing the "Restore licenses"options . Do you lose your game saves?

Small issue, but recently I noticed not all of my recently played games show on the PS app.

DiRT Rally 2.0 and Dakar 18 no longer appear even though I’ve played them.

I have a Slim and a Pro which I play separate games, but this never used to happen until recently playing LA Noire on my Slim which is basically my #2 console.

Not a big deal, but thought it was strange.

E87C761C-E7C4-4442-AD67-1DC04C3021EC.jpeg

I've had this exact same issue today after having trouble installing DLC for one of my games and doing the "Restore licenses"options . Do you lose your game saves?
Sorry for the late reply. No not at all. Even rebuilding data doesnt lose your saves. I should make it clear restoring licences didnt work for me. Deactivating my main account as primary is what solved the issue. I then reactivated my main account.

Hey guys, in need of serious help here. :dunce:
I am having a major issue signing into the Playstation network on my PC. Sign in on PS4 is fine, no problem.
But on PC I go to the Gran Turismo Sport sign in link (allows sign in for all Playstation activities), hit the "sign in" blue button.............................Nothing happens. :banghead:
I also noted, there is a small print disclaimer down the page a ways that reads..
* Using your Sony Entertainment Network account.
* Access limited to only those who received a test invitation from Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. WTF!???????????????????????

I used to be able to access this log in with no problems. Haven't used it in a while as I had no decals to upload, but now I do and get stuck here where it will not allow me to sign in. 🤬

Anyone know how to get around this issue?
H E L P !! Please.
:cheers:

Hey guys, in need of serious help here. :dunce:
I am having a major issue signing into the Playstation network on my PC. Sign in on PS4 is fine, no problem.
But on PC I go to the Gran Turismo Sport sign in link (allows sign in for all Playstation activities), hit the "sign in" blue button.............................Nothing happens. :banghead:
I also noted, there is a small print disclaimer down the page a ways that reads..
* Using your Sony Entertainment Network account.
* Access limited to only those who received a test invitation from Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. WTF!???????????????????????

I used to be able to access this log in with no problems. Haven't used it in a while as I had no decals to upload, but now I do and get stuck here where it will not allow me to sign in. 🤬

Anyone know how to get around this issue?
H E L P !! Please.

Are you looking at the GTS Community page? https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/
If so, try going to the playstation site first and log in there, then go back to GTS and log in.
Since I just tried it right now and I logged in just fine.

Edit: Just to verify that I could.
I am getting a server timed out error so it's because the server to PSN is down.

Are you looking at the GTS Community page? https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/
If so, try going to the playstation site first and log in there, then go back to GTS and log in.
Since I just tried it right now and I logged in just fine.

Edit: Just to verify that I could.
I am getting a server timed out error so it's because the server to PSN is down.
You Sir, If I ever get to America, I owe you a beer or four. Thank you so much.
Y'know, I even tried that last night but it didn't work.....yet this morning it does...first try. Crazy. :crazy:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Cheers mate

I can't stand the constant fan noise of Ps4 Pro with increasing boost spikes, 30 minutes straight without a single break.
TM "Turbo" ;)
I think the early Pros had, shall we say, "variable" quality control in terms of how well the heatsink was installed. If yours is out of warranty, and you have some spare time, it might be worth a tear-down and removing the heatsink and reinstalling it correctly with the right amount of thermal compound etc.

I have a launch Pro and to be honest mine is not very noisy at all and I think that reflects the quality issues of some early Pros - the person who put mine together must have skipped the lunchtime drinking.

Has anyone had an issue where youtube vides wont load, mine started doing this last night, some work and some dont, the thumbnail is there, you click it, its shows 0000s for lentgh of video and wont work, tried restarting youtube, console, still the same, so i went into safe mode, just to try the rebuild database thingy......safe mode works and shows on tv, but with the controller connected, I cannot choose any options at all...? anybody had that, is it since the last update???

Back