PlayStation 5 Pre-Order Registration is Now Open, "Limited Quantity" Available

Just watched a piece about people not getting items ordered through Australia Post. One person was waiting a few months for a package that was 100kms from his house, but it went up north 1000kms just to go back down.
I can see shipments taking a looooong time to arrive.

Pretty sure they said during the show that preorders would go live tomorrow/today. Down to the retailers how they interpret that surely. Not Sony.

The event video didn't say anything about pre-orders. Just the prices and release date. It was only in a tweet Sony put out afterwards they said it, which clearly not everyone saw.

The general consensus seems to be that it was all very sudden. Sony didn't expressly mention in the presentation that pre-orders would be imminent. Add to that the retailers who seemed to jump the gun big time to out beat each other and it made for quite an evening!

It was almost perfect timing for me here in Aus.
Stream started 6am, finished around 7, a couple of hours and a couple of coffees later and it was time to check the gaming stores.
Job done.

It's not too often things in the PS world work in favour of us Aussies. :lol:

The event video didn't say anything about pre-orders. Just the prices and release date. It was only in a tweet Sony put out afterwards they said it, which clearly not everyone saw.

You're right, I was sure I'd heard him say that preorders went live tomorrow. Must have imagined it as watching it back he didn't say it :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back