PlayStation Official Magazine Lists GT Sport Release Date as November 16

wrong quote, reaction to the question how many they can do in 5 months

Allot amd enough i dont worry about the quality anymore that i had with the copper box event, there is time to make everything perfect as "all" the GT games where, not by todays standad for some people but for me it will be perfect and i wil start counting the days down. If i only can place a pre order in PSN store.

Mha all the people that then realize that those games are crap can come to GT then ;)

I think GT is more casual and there are more casual players then steering wheel fanatics so it will always sell fine or maybe even beter.

Forza is Forza and not voor PS4, so for allot of people not a choise because many people wont have both consoles or even wamt both. Project Cars 2 will be nice maybe but less fun with controller (based on part 1 and what inseen and read till now) and people included me has not forgotten the release of part 1. Bugs bugs bad controller erc

That game i will try but not buy on day one, first waiting reviews and maybe play somehow before buying.

Mha all the people that then realize that those games are crap can come to GT then ;)

I think GT is more casual and there are more casual players then steering wheel fanatics so it will always sell fine or maybe even beter.

Forza is Forza and not voor PS4, so for allot of people not a choise because many people wont have both consoles or even wamt both. Project Cars 2 will be nice maybe but less fun with controller (based on part 1 and what inseen and read till now) and people included me has not forgotten the release of part 1. Bugs bugs bad controller erc

That game i will try but not buy on day one, first waiting reviews and maybe play somehow before buying.

I've been playing PCars 2 with a controller every night for the past week or so to test the controller implementation this time around and you have nothing to worry about. It's very good straight out of the box. And that's coming from someone who has only used a wheel to play racing games apart from the Horizon games for over 10 years. Tweaks to only steering sensitivity and speed sensitivity made it very good indeed.

It WILL definitely sell better. It's SONY's most succesful franchise and it holds many records.

I've been playing PCars 2 with a controller every night for the past week or so to test the controller implementation this time around and you have nothing to worry about. It's very good straight out of the box. And that's coming from someone who has only used a wheel to play racing games apart from the Horizon games for over 10 years. Tweaks to only steering sensitivity and speed sensitivity made it very good indeed.

On PS4??

Project Cars 2: September 22, 2017
Forza 7: October 7th, 2017
Need For Speed Payback: November 10, 2017

GT Sport has some tough competition.

Project Cars 2 will get my first $65
Forza 7 will get my next $65
Need for Speed, not in my wheel house
GT Sport will cost me $65 plus a PS4 so it just keeps dropping lower and lower on my list of desires.

It's not irrelevant, it's shows games haven't always released on a Friday. And what about FH3, released on Tuesday 27 September 2016? Or Horizon Zero Dawn released on Wednesday 1 March 2017? Or Wipeout Omega Collection released on Wednesday 7 June 2017?

My original post said:

Tuesday for US, Friday for the rest, or just Tuesday for everyone.

So FH3 still fits the bill. Horizon launched on a Tuesday in the US and Wednesday in the EU because that's when the PS Store is updated, I think it was the same story with Wipeout. I guess I could accept Wednesday being the date, although I don't think Sony would do that with such a massive franchise (1 date for everyone would be better).

GT4: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
GT3: Saturday/Tuesday/Friday
GT2: Saturday/Thursday/Friday
GT1: Thursday/Friday/Tuesday

This time I'm sure the "tradition" will take effect.

It has. GT6 launched on a Friday, the original GTS date was a Tuesday, as was the original GT5 release date (Nov 2nd). I wouldn't bring up games from the days when each region's release date would be weeks or months apart to try and prove my point, it doesn't work like that anymore.

Playstation France refused to comment on the rumored release date. Either they don't comment rumors or they're not happy with the leak.
So GTSport will be a game with at least 4 years of development. I hope Poly knows that the critics won't be indulgent with the light content and some major flaws like collisions or the feeling of dullness sometimes.

I'd rather GTSport was postponed for the PS4 and have it released as a Launch title with the PS5 which surely can't be that far off .....(I'm thinking/hoping for fall 2018 or early 2019).
Digital Foundry just did a video discussing this. My guess for PS5 is Nov. 2019. Otherwise it is not going to be a generational leap over the PS4 Pro, or will cost more than $500. I suspect we won't see PS VR 2 until the PS5 either, based on Shuei Yoshida's comments that PS VR is well optimized for the PS4.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ays-they-have-no-plans-to-drop-ps4-pro-price/

It has. GT6 launched on a Friday, the original GTS date was a Tuesday, as was the original GT5 release date (Nov 2nd). I wouldn't bring up games from the days when each region's release date would be weeks or months apart to try and prove my point, it doesn't work like that anymore.
And I wouldn't try and claim that a release date can't be true because I personally want it to release on a different day of the week than that date falls on, but different strokes.

Not sure how they can say that? They can only get it to work "optimized" is with one car on the track with you on limited tracks

His quote:
Shuhei Yoshida
We just released [PSVR] last year and we are trying to catch up with demand. So we have no plan to talk about the successor to PSVR. Actually, PSVR we developed alongside with PS4. So it’s completely optimized to work with PS4. So as long as we are selling PS4, PSVR will be there.
is not in relation to GT Sport, his quote is in relation to whether or not there will be a PS VR 2 headset available for PS4/PS4 Pro. His statement is basically confirming that the PS4 is not powerful enough to drive a headset with higher resolution, and that they won't be putting out an update version specifically for the PS4 Pro, suggesting that they will not be updating the PS VR headset until the PS5 is available.

As for GT Sport in VR, that is a totally different discussion, and while the game may be pretty well optimized, it is just too demanding to draw such high resolution textures while running 90+fps 1080p. I really hope that they can figure out a way to optimize further and allow more cars on track, and eventually online play in VR, but I truly don't think that will be possible until PS5.

It makes me wonder. Has all the VR footage we have seen so far been on a PS4 or PS4 Pro? If they are only allowing 1v1 on PS4 Pro, it makes me think they won't support VR at all on the standard PS4.

And I wouldn't try and claim that a release date can't be true because I personally want it to release on a different day of the week than that date falls on, but different strokes.

It's not about my personal preferences. When assessing leaked dates, checking what day of the week they fall on is one of the first things to do. There are very clear patterns when it comes to AAA games' release dates.

Not sure how they can say that? They can only get it to work "optimized" is with one car on the track with you on limited tracks
But we know for vr there is only the 'vr tour' mode, which is going to be well optimized. So they aren't misleading. This gen vr is quite weak but GTS may use the best of it.

But we know for vr there is only the 'vr tour' mode, which is going to be well optimized. So they aren't misleading. This gen vr is quite weak but GTS may use the best of it.
So if you had a vr loading screen only you can still call it "optimized"?

That's for sure. They brought that upon themselves though.

Project Cars 2 will get my first $65
Forza 7 will get my next $65
Need for Speed, not in my wheel house
GT Sport will cost me $65 plus a PS4 so it just keeps dropping lower and lower on my list of desires.

Project Cars will get my first $65 or whatever cost.
Whenever GTsport comes along hopefully sometime this decade, will get my next dollars.
That will be good enough for me. Really have no desire or time for any other racing sims. One alone (Project Cars, my primary choice right now....having overtaken GT6) takes up plenty enough of my available time far less two. More than that doesn't make sense for me.

Last edited:

the latest released product should have to be superior, not inferior. this is just my own marketing logic :lol::cheers:

I don't think November 16 is overly optimistic but there's a chance that this release date is false. If it does come out in November, it may a slight problem because of all the other games which will release before it... But it won't deter me!

I don't think November 16 is overly optimistic but there's a chance that this release date is false. If it does come out in November, it may a slight problem because of all the other games which will release before it... But it won't deter me!
fall start on 21st of September I believe... so unless it releases on that day, it will release at least after pCARS2 :D

Back