Playstation Plus Project Cars Tournament

• Thread starter ErnstJ
  • 11 comments
It seems interesting. I don't know why I didn't get an invitation, but I might sign up nonetheless. I'm so happy it's a one-v-one which means I can race with no lag! What I'm not happy about is that I wouldn't run well in three of the four tracks mentioned, I hate Willow Springs and have always ran poorly there; I never raced on Sakitto, and I'm useless around the Nurburgring! But I do love Spa!

I dont get it. The contest page says 4 rounds, the FAQ says 8 rounds + semi final + final? Huh? And how do they determine the winner? Even with 10 rounds, thats not enough to weed out 1022 of 1024 players for the finals? :confused:

I dont get it. The contest page says 4 rounds, the FAQ says 8 rounds + semi final + final? Huh? And how do they determine the winner? Even with 10 rounds, thats not enough to weed out 1022 of 1024 players for the finals? :confused:
I'll think you'll find that 10 rounds is the exact amount required for 1024 players. :)
(2^10=1024)

I'm a little confused on the setup. Is Round 1 just Willow Springs or all four circuits?
It also says Mode: 1 on 1, best of 3

So do we do each race 3 times? I'd think round 1 is just race 1, but possibly we race up to 3 times.

It also says Mode: 1 on 1, best of 3

So do we do each race 3 times? I'd think round 1 is just race 1, but possibly we race up to 3 times.

There are so many ways in which one can interpret the race setup. It says further down on the ESL page the following (I'm guessing it's 3 races at Willow Springs).

Tracks:
  • RACE 1 : Bracket phase : Willow Springs International Raceway: 2.49 miles – 6 LAPS
  • RACE 2 : Quarter finals : Sakitto GP - 2.66 miles - 4 LAPS
  • RACE 3 : Semi finals : SPA Francorchamps - 7.00 miles - 2 LAPS
  • RACE 4 : Finals : Nordschleife - 20.63 miles - 2 LAPS

Looks pretty simple. 1 vs. 1 racing, win 2/3 to advance. I believe it must be 10 rounds to get down to a winner. Only thing not clear is when you go from Bracket phase to quarters to semis to finals. Probably 7 rounds of brackets then one round each of the others.

are they still racing willow springs??
i only got 1 win after that i lost big time, but that was over 3 weeks ago....

Latest Posts

Back