PlayStation Store January Sale Offer Big Savings on Assetto Corsa, F1 2016, DiRT Rally & More

I picked up a digital copy of DiRT Rally for only £16.99 as my disc is broken (second game now this has happened to) so I am trying to slowly get all my games digital by picking them up in the sales now after many years backing the disc! I also gave in to Assetto Season Pass £11.99, and Rise of the Tomb Raider £21.99! and very close to picking up RIDE2 but so far held back on this one..!:ill::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Well, I'm not too happy about the AC DLC sale. I bought it soon after release on PS4 as it was sold as 'save money with the season pass'.
There's still content to be released, yet the price has been halved leaving us, who supported KS by buying early, out of pocket and the 'fence sitters' or those who got the game at Christmas are having a fantastic deal.
Don't get me wrong, the game is great and the first lot of Porsche DLC is very nice, but to be dumped on from a great height like this leaves a very sour taste, especially as the game has yet to be what many rightly say is unfinished what with the missing features and control options that a SIM on current gen consoles should be a given.
Early adopters usually do pay more for what they like, but with only a third of what is included in the pass released, I can't help feeling I've been kicked in the teeth after being knocked on my backside by Kunos and 505 !

Bought all three of them in the sales :)

I had to have something to play after getting a G29 for a bargain price. Thanks for the guys posting these offers it's saved a lot of money.

Well, I'm not too happy about the AC DLC sale. I bought it soon after release on PS4 as it was sold as 'save money with the season pass'.
There's still content to be released, yet the price has been halved leaving us, who supported KS by buying early, out of pocket and the 'fence sitters' or those who got the game at Christmas are having a fantastic deal.
Don't get me wrong, the game is great and the first lot of Porsche DLC is very nice, but to be dumped on from a great height like this leaves a very sour taste, especially as the game has yet to be what many rightly say is unfinished what with the missing features and control options that a SIM on current gen consoles should be a given.
Early adopters usually do pay more for what they like, but with only a third of what is included in the pass released, I can't help feeling I've been kicked in the teeth after being knocked on my backside by Kunos and 505 !

I understand exactly what you mean. I'm guessing at this point though, market penetration is more important to Kunos and/or 505 than profit margins. If a discount means more players purchase the game and season pass, that's better than selling nothing at all.

I'm glad I held off on buying the pass until the sale. With the delays in content arriving on consoles, paired with the number of basic feature issues on release, I wanted to take a wait-and-see approach compared to the other racing game I buy passes for (Forza, since it's pretty polished from day one).

I picked up a digital copy of DiRT Rally for only £16.99 as my disc is broken (second game now this has happened to) so I am trying to slowly get all my games digital by picking them up in the sales now after many years backing the disc!

Did any of the games you have "digitized"need to be downloaded in full or did it just require a license update to your disc games??

Did any of the games you have "digitized"need to be downloaded in full or did it just require a license update to your disc games??

I am not sure on that as I am in a bit of a muddle at the moment, I think you would still need to download the game (I won't be able to test this until I get back on the old PS4) :yuck: I am swapping everything from PS4 to Pro. I deleted most games on PS4 to download again one by one when I wanted them on Pro for a quick transfer but wished I had kept them on the PS4 as a couple of discs wouldn't work, So yes I had to install full 40-50gb data on any new game I installed even disc but all the saved data was there from the transfer. :ill:👍

Back