PlayStation's "Spartacus" is an Xbox Game Pass Rival, Expected in Spring 2022

There is a difference though between being able to put a game disc into a system Vs a game company having to effectively rerelease an old title. Horizon must have just snuck in for a while before the licenses expired and then it went. Pretty sure Forza 7 is delisted now too, only way you can buy that now is on disc.
Not really. 360 games are kind of running their own emulation on Xbox One. That's the reason you need to download the whole game on XOne and the disc is only for legit check. There isn't any data copied from 360 discs to XOne. There is no hardware compatibility for X360 titles on XOne.
But there was hardware compatibility in X360 to XClassic. Running every XClassic game on 360 was prevented from Microsoft with a "whitelist" in the 360 operating system and only prevented by software and not hardware. Technical 360 can play every classic game (some compatibility issues aside) which is possible with a chipped 360. F.e. Need for Speed Underground 2 was on this list while Need for Speed Underground 1 wasn't. NFSU 1 does run flawlessly on a chipped 360.
You'll always be able to play delistet games if you bought them digital too. Like I said a X360 backwardscompatible game on XOne is a digital game.

Last edited:
Not really. 360 games are kind of running their own emulation on Xbox One. That's the reason you need to download the whole game on XOne and the disc is only for legit check. There isn't any data copied from 360 discs to XOne. There is no hardware compatibility for X360 titles on XOne.
But there was hardware compatibility in X360 to XClassic. Running every XClassic game on 360 was prevented from Microsoft with a "whitelist" in the 360 operating system and only prevented by software and not hardware. Technical 360 can play every classic game (some compatibility issues aside) which is possible with a chipped 360. F.e. Need for Speed Underground 2 was on this list while Need for Speed Underground 1 wasn't. NFSU 1 does run flawlessly on a chipped 360.
You'll always be able to play delistet games if you bought them digital too. Like I said a X360 backwardscompatible game on XOne is a digital game.
Ok, but without a disc, you can't play them. That was my point, the emulation it's running is irrelevant, you still need the disc. None of which is even relevant to PS plus anyway.

The focus of the initial point is simply that there won't be any Gran Turismo games in the PS Plus library.

Ok, but without a disc, you can't play them. That was my point, the emulation it's running is irrelevant, you still need the disc. None of which is even relevant to PS plus anyway.

The focus of the initial point is simply that there won't be any Gran Turismo games in the PS Plus library.

Ok? My point wasn't even responding to you. I know the Gran Turismo's won't be on there, I know why the Forzas aren't all BC on game pass and I'm aware that if you own a game disc and a console that reads it, you can play it. That's kind of the premise of game ownership.
Indeed.

Imagine having the whole collection of Gran Turismo titles available for playing on the PS5. All with improved resolution, framerates and HDR.

Something like what Microsoft did with the its Compatibility Program.
I was responding to this. And how it would be great, but will never happen.

For someone making the same point and mostly agreeing with it you've really overcomplicated the entire conversation.

Are you serious? Afaik Microsoft introduced XBOX LIVE GOLD years before the PS3 but maybe Sony didn't have any idea what others were doing :)
You're confirming my point. None of my friends who were on playstation would have bought a PS3 if you had to pay to play online. They were not ready for that, also they mostly were not aware that you had to pay for xbox live because they had no interest whatsoever in xbox, only playstation. So a paid online service would have shocked them.

EDIT: I should also say there are positives to PSN+ too. If it wasnt for PSN+ I would never have tried rocket league, I thought it looked rubbish so never would have bought it. It is easily my most played game as it is for my friends too ( though it's free to play now ). I eved would have played Helldivers which I played a lot with friends, monster energy motocross, same with Tricky Towes and now also Horizon Zero Dawn. which I started 3 weeks ago. plus some good discounts.

Last edited:
As "meticulous" as Kaz is about providing the best experience - be that graphics or physics or whatever, there is no way previous GT titles will ever be sold through the PS Store. Since online, games are given a 6-month window then gone. Imagine, if when GT7 went down, you could start GT4 (on PS4/5) and play that. Lots of people who aren't into online lobbies / FIA sanctioned Sport races would be fine and never return to GT7. That would make Kaz sad and Sony mad. They don't want that. Ever. To say nothing of the logistics of licenses.

I almost bought Returnal the other day but I upgraded to premium instead for around $70. Now I have Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, WRC 10 and Nascar Heat 5 to hold me off until GT7 gets some big updates.

I’m not sure if I’ll renew it next year, but I’m happy with it so far.

Last edited:
Back