I like how the online events are set up right now (500pp, 600pp, and 750pp). They have refined the PP for each event now to help spread out and control what kind of cars will run in those races to allow us to decide what kind of race we want and at what kind of pace. Only certain cars will be competitive at these PP levels and this is good because it won't confine you to just using one car. You can detune or tune so far so it makes it fun searching and tuning your cars for these online events each time a new event refreshes. Doing good so far with the changes.
Cars competitive in 750 don't belong in 600 and may not be possible in 500. Competitive cars used in 600 may not be the best choice for 500 and so on and so on. Makes the search and tuning game fun and encourages you to experiment with all cars!
Umm, while I like the PP500,600,750 mix, we need more tracks. Drop HSR, bring Fuji back in all, add in a PP650/pro and give us more TTs in PP500,600,700....
Lets get a tuned car race so they have a place to go and can't be used in other races....
I think tuned cars have theirs at 750. I usually race Suzuka or Fuji, so this comment relates to grip around a circuit and not Daytona Oval....I think it's balanced right. Tuned cars belong to 750PP and if you detune them to suit lower pp, then that's to your disadvantage because you will suffer the detune points sacrificed to belong in a lower PP event ...most likely not have any good tire options to run with. In my opinion I strongly believe this was their intention and it works really well.
Before they introduced the 750pp it was a mess having Tuned Cars with S tires join in the 650pp against super cars using R tires. They tried to meet in between 600PP and 750PP and offered 650PP. It was a failure in my opinion. It was mixing stock super cars with tuned cars and in this was when the tuned Lotus Elises were taking over the whole grid. Now that they have done away with 650pp, the choice to introduce 600PP and 750PP spreads out the tuned cars verses the stock super cars a lot better.
Here's the way I see it
750pp - Tuned cars (Tuned cars!)
600pp - Stock Super cars (Honda NSX Type R, Nissan Skyline R35 / R34, Evos, Ferrari F430s)
500pp - Stock sports cars (Integra Type R class)
But you are not limited, if you choose to detune you can if you want and participate in a lower PP race but you will have to deal with the options available to your car. I think the balance is getting this. Maybe it can be better, I'm still experimenting with each level and so far it's a lot better than having a 650pp event.