Please don't change the online events PD

Just in defence of the oval, which everybody seems to be bagging here, even I agree 500pp can go as it really is just plain boring at that speed. However 600pp is good racing as it is fast enough that it does take some skill to do well, and 750pp too of course. At 600pp quite a wide variety of cars can be competitive, and there should be time trials for that.

I just wish all you good drivers who bag the oval would turn up and give it a go. Taking those big long sweepers right on the edge of your grip is not as easy as it looks, and definately requires some car setup skills to get a good time. Its usually only when someone like Ardius shows up that I get some decent races. Aim for some low 52s at 600pp and who knows, you might just catch the oval bug.
 
So many cars are capable in the 600pp races.

I just used the Integra Type R and ran it in the 600pp online Suzuka Circuit event and won 1st place against AWD, Turbos, and RWD super cars.... the only Front Wheel Drive in the race! yes I'm amazed, because it's not maxed out and it's very challenging and fun to race.

This is why I love the Quick Tune and the PP limits. Even though I could not reach 600 PP, with the Honda Integra Type R Maxed out at 581PP I gave it a shot on Suzuka Circuit 600PP. I was curious what would happen. It took some tuning to get this car quick around the course....but it's do able. This is not my choice for the fastest car, just an alternative to the other VTEC engines in the game :)
 
The only other thing I would like to see, besides private rooms, is events that require all aids to be off, including ABS.
 
So many cars are capable in the 600pp races.

I just used the Integra Type R and ran it in the 600pp online Suzuka Circuit event and won 1st place against AWD, Turbos, and RWD super cars.... the only Front Wheel Drive in the race! yes I'm amazed, because it's not maxed out and it's very challenging and fun to race.

This is why I love the Quick Tune and the PP limits. Even though I could not reach 600 PP, with the Honda Integra Type R Maxed out at 581PP I gave it a shot on Suzuka Circuit 600PP. I was curious what would happen. It took some tuning to get this car quick around the course....but it's do able. This is not my choice for the fastest car, just an alternative to the other VTEC engines in the game :)

Yeah I just ran a dude in a type R a few times. I definatly had a advantage comming out of the corners and on the straits (if i didnt mess up my exit) but it was just as fast through the corners. If youre not trying to pass where you shouldnt be that makes for quite a challenging car to pass. Whats even better is he was a good driver, as was the RX7 that was there too. We went door to door for 2 full laps and finished 1,2,3 I belive all with in about 1/2 sec of each other.
 
Maybe some car specific races (Like the F2007) but a different car(s) each month. Would be interesting as I am a fan of racing a stock car.
 
Yeah I just ran a dude in a type R a few times. I definatly had a advantage comming out of the corners and on the straits (if i didnt mess up my exit) but it was just as fast through the corners. If youre not trying to pass where you shouldnt be that makes for quite a challenging car to pass. Whats even better is he was a good driver, as was the RX7 that was there too. We went door to door for 2 full laps and finished 1,2,3 I belive all with in about 1/2 sec of each other.

Where you using a Red Type R?
I think we just raced. I was running a with my Red Mazda RX-7 Type R. The finish was bumper to bumper. I squeezed passed a Red Integra Type R at the finish line. The Integra was leading the whole race up till that point.
 
So many cars are capable in the 600pp races.

I just used the Integra Type R and ran it in the 600pp online Suzuka Circuit event and won 1st place against AWD, Turbos, and RWD super cars.... the only Front Wheel Drive in the race! yes I'm amazed, because it's not maxed out and it's very challenging and fun to race.

BreakerOhio: I could not get around you cleanly to save my life tonight. You were doing very well in your little red Integra. I was laughing at the end of one of the races because I did not really realize what you were driving until I saw the scoreboard. Good race! 👍

I do hope they separate the Tuned Cars from some of the races for the sake of closer competition amongst the Stock Cars. Tuned cars can be beat, but it is more reliant on skill as the stock cars are heavier and handle poorly by comparison.
 
The only other thing I would like to see, besides private rooms, is events that require all aids to be off, including ABS.
When ABS for the Ford Focus is turned off, I found the car shakes a lot when brakes are applied.
It would not be my car of choice under these conditions, whereas ABS 1 solves the problem.

If you have a different solution to this problem, I'm all ears.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Just in defence of the oval, which everybody seems to be bagging here, even I agree 500pp can go as it really is just plain boring at that speed. However 600pp is good racing as it is fast enough that it does take some skill to do well, and 750pp too of course. At 600pp quite a wide variety of cars can be competitive, and there should be time trials for that.

I just wish all you good drivers who bag the oval would turn up and give it a go. Taking those big long sweepers right on the edge of your grip is not as easy as it looks, and definately requires some car setup skills to get a good time. Its usually only when someone like Ardius shows up that I get some decent races. Aim for some low 52s at 600pp and who knows, you might just catch the oval bug.

I would agree except for the slower cars give folks with little or no on line experience a chance to learn good on line driving skills before they get into the faster cars.
 
I like how the online events are set up right now (500pp, 600pp, and 750pp). They have refined the PP for each event now to help spread out and control what kind of cars will run in those races to allow us to decide what kind of race we want and at what kind of pace. Only certain cars will be competitive at these PP levels and this is good because it won't confine you to just using one car. You can detune or tune so far so it makes it fun searching and tuning your cars for these online events each time a new event refreshes. Doing good so far with the changes.

Well see your point, but dont agree with.
the only races i used to were 700pp pro, where are they now?
Also Daytona Road, Eiger, London... FUJI, where they are my most favourites ?
keep the 500pp but give back the 700 pro please thats were i could drive all my cars and had them tuned rite.. :grumpy:
LONDON
FUJI
DAYTONA:bowdown:
EIGER
dont you miss em?
I just pray PD brings back 700pp PRO again, pleeeease
 
Eiger would be OK if they limited the number of entrants to races there.
I don't think the track is suited to a full grid.

Come to think of it I haven't driven on Eiger since the M3 event (shame on me)
 
Where you using a Red Type R?
I think we just raced. I was running a with my Red Mazda RX-7 Type R. The finish was bumper to bumper. I squeezed passed a Red Integra Type R at the finish line. The Integra was leading the whole race up till that point.

No I was in a WRX RA, blue
 
Just in defence of the oval, which everybody seems to be bagging here, even I agree 500pp can go as it really is just plain boring at that speed. However 600pp is good racing as it is fast enough that it does take some skill to do well, and 750pp too of course. At 600pp quite a wide variety of cars can be competitive, and there should be time trials for that.

I just wish all you good drivers who bag the oval would turn up and give it a go. Taking those big long sweepers right on the edge of your grip is not as easy as it looks, and definately requires some car setup skills to get a good time. Its usually only when someone like Ardius shows up that I get some decent races. Aim for some low 52s at 600pp and who knows, you might just catch the oval bug.

Blasfamy! 500 PP is probably the best, as the battles are extremely heated and close. 750 PP is the worst, as driver skill lacks coming from other drivers, but I wouldn't want to see it gone either.
 
Blasphemy! 500 PP is probably the best

Yes , I have had some really good close 500pp races at the oval, but with 3 expert events there, if one had to go I'd lose that and bring back the road option. 750pp is both the best and the worst. It can just be a smashfest, but when you get 2 or 3 really good drivers together way out in front of the kiddies then it is definately the best.

PS off topic can someone tell or PM me how I get the 'Originally Posted by' bit in when I quote ?
 
Back