please help how do I back up my gt5 data.

Messages
208
Messages
kierancrabtree12
My second ps3 in 14 month sounds like its on its way out . When I try to put gt5 in it makes an ejecting sound but doesn't eject and it shows no disc in the console even though there is. ?
When my first ps3 broke it was under warranty and the only game I played was cod online so I had nothing to lose.
But now I have all my gt5 data on it.
I beg for a step by step guide then what would I need to do when I get a new ps3.
 
1 - Insert USB (formatted to FAT32)
2 - Go to your GT5 disc (on the XMB)
3 - Go up 3 spots (saved data)
4 - Go into this
5 - Select your GT5 save
6 - Press triangle
7 - Copy to USB
8 - Done.
 
I wanted to do this as I played GT on my bro's console all over xmas. Now I'm back at my house and using my console so I had to start again. If I copied it across would there just be two saves I could opt to load up or would the two confuse each other and something go wrong?
 
I wanted to do this as I played GT on my bro's console all over xmas. Now I'm back at my house and using my console so I had to start again. If I copied it across would there just be two saves I could opt to load up or would the two confuse each other and something go wrong?

If you copies the one from your brothers console then put it on your console it would over write your original save. So anything you had done on your console would now be gone an replaced with what you did on your brothers.
 
1 - Insert USB (formatted to FAT32)
2 - Go to your GT5 disc (on the XMB)
3 - Go up 3 spots (saved data)
4 - Go into this
5 - Select your GT5 save
6 - Press triangle
7 - Copy to USB
8 - Done.

Thankyou what is FAT32. ?
 
Thankyou what is FAT32. ?

It is a format so that the PS3 knows that it is an external device.
Put USB stick into computer, find usb, right click on it, go to format, select FAT32. NOTE: anything that is on the usb will be deleted. Format = Erase
 
Thanks so I would repeat this everyday til my ps3 Totaly packs in. Has anyone got any advice on what could be wrong with my ps3. ? this has been happening ever since I put black ops in the console on release day. ?
 
If you copies the one from your brothers console then put it on your console it would over write your original save. So anything you had done on your console would now be gone an replaced with what you did on your brothers.

Cool mate. Cheers. Give it a miss then I think.
 
I have just found out that there are different sized usbs. Will the cheap ones b good enough to back up my gt5 saved data.
Thanks in advance.
 
Yes lol, anything from 128MB upwards will be fine for backing up GT5 on (I think that is the smallest you can buy these days). I think you need to format it to FAT32 first before you use it with the PS3.
 
Just remember to format the usb storage device to FAT32.
 
Seeing that my flash drive got lost at college, I thought I would try to see if my cell phone would work...and it does! Verizon Chocolate Touch with a 16gb internal memory sd. Works great and the PS3/GT5 recognizes it.
 
I updated my PS3 through USB (internet wouldn't work on it) but it wouldn't copy my savefile to USB. :/
 
Ya, any form of USB is good, phone, external drives, memory sticks. As long as it can hold all the data from the save file.

Cheers.
 
Okay I've backed up my save data and want to Totaly wipe my ps3. Is it an easy set up to get my gt5 usb data back on to my ps3. ? And if so will the data still be on the usb if I decided to reboot my ps3 again. Or would I have to back it up again. ? Thanks in advance.
 
Putting back the savegame is as easy as making the backup. And you can restore as many times as you like.
 
Yes fairly easy. Just sign back in with your account details and make sure you're on the same PSN account. Go to save game data (PS3) then go to your USB stick and press triangle. You'll see an option to copy. This automaticly copys your data into the PS3 game save folder. Once done just boot up GT5 and proceed with the 50min installation.
 
Has to be done on a PC

disk management>right click the disk in question>click format then change ntfs to fat32 if it allows you

That's using Win7
 
Why would you want to? There is no possible benefit of being able to this.
 
I see. Well stop being American! :D
 
Our flash drive must already be on f32. I took a photo off it on the PC, stuck it in the ps3 and got a 1.9 GB drive.
 
Windows?

Insert USB drive. Find drive letter for it, for our example let's say E:. Open the command prompt. Run:

format e: /FS:FAT32

... or just find it in Computer view and right-click the E: device and select Format... from the menu.
 
I'm in uk so I don't need to find this fat32. Before I back up my save. ? I'm 96 percent very worried. Sony rep just said it would be fine. ? On a plus note I've been told if a reboot doesn't work he's going to see if I can get an exchange even though my ps3 is out of warranty. Whoo hoo
 
I'm in uk so I don't need to find this fat32. Before I back up my save. ? I'm 96 percent very worried. Sony rep just said it would be fine. ? On a plus note I've been told if a reboot doesn't work he's going to see if I can get an exchange even though my ps3 is out of warranty. Whoo hoo

I'm not sure what you need help with but my brain hurts after reading this.
 
I thought all USB flash drives were formatted FAT32 ?

I've never had to format a USB device in order for my PS3 to recognise it.
 
I'm in uk so I don't need to find this fat32. Before I back up my save. ? I'm 96 percent very worried. Sony rep just said it would be fine. ? On a plus note I've been told if a reboot doesn't work he's going to see if I can get an exchange even though my ps3 is out of warranty. Whoo hoo

Hmm yes you do! Fat 32 is nothing to do with country, its a file system!
 
My 96 percent completion is still intact. And a big thank you to sony for replacing my out of warranty ps3 free of charge the next day. Eternally grateful. Microsoft who. ?
 
Back