Please help me with Red Bull X2014 (standard ) setup

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 10 comments
United States
BROOKS
Please help me - I am needing a good setup for the Red bull X2014 (standard) - for the new professional races from latest update - Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Hey if you do a search there is one tune I've seen out. I just used the stock setup and won all 3 races, they were so fun! For the first time I felt like the AI were not completely useless. The top 3 we were all under a second away from each other and found the races to be enjoyable and kept me pushing the car and keeping consistent I think you need to know the tracks well. Especially at Croix the flow / rythmm of the corners is all about maintain speed and good traction. You only have a couple of real braking spots otherwise it's throttle for the majority of the lap and you need to be quick to win. I actually lowered the down force on that race just to try and get some more speed on the straight. So yeh if you can't find a setup that helps just do some time trials at the circuits until you and race ready and you shouldn't have any issues wining. Such a fun car to drive. Especially in PSVR. Good luck

I might make a 'quick tune' for this car just for the offline content as it's a pretty insane drive.

Jerome

To be honest, the stock tune will be more than good enough to win by a +30s. The only change I did, was putting it on RS tyres. The AI just doesn't really take advantage of the massive downforce, they're only "competitive" in the slow corners, where you're relying on mechanical grip. However when it comes to medium to high speed corners, you can just walk past them as if they're in a lower car class (if they don't push you of track or act like you don't exist). They're so slow through high speed corners, that they become a danger, especially in corners that are easy full throttle, they'll just brake in the middle of the corner for no apparent reason. GT AI has never really been able to cope with high downforce cars. The most difficult part about those events is not being taken out by the AI. If you try to go side by side through a fast corner, they'l most likely just push you into the barrier/off the track. Once you get used to them being rediculously slow you'll finish the race wih a 30 to 45s gap to 2nd place.

Back