Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter dlsrv
  • 6 comments
Brazil
São Paulo/SP/Brazil
dlsrv
Hi there,

My name is vinicius, and on my birthday, I will win a PS3. But my television is a 29" CRT.....
My question is: GT5, and the others PS3 games will work on my TV?
I'm waiting a answer.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Geezzz ... your title make it sound like it's a major life-and-death situation... (which ISNT in this case)
i know you are getting excited to get your PS3,
but boy, you gotta calm down...

... Have fun with GT5.

Hi there,

My name is vinicius, and on my birthday, I will win a PS3. But my television is a 29" CRT.....
My question is: GT5, and the others PS3 games will work on my TV?
I'm waiting a answer.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Hello dude,

It depends, if you do have a component cable, even European games will work on your 29" SDTV, but if you're using a standard video cable, you will only be able to play American and Japanese games. That's due to a difference in horizontal resolution between Euro and USA SDTV standards.

So you got two options: Buy a component cable ( they're quite cheap ), or buy a HDTV and a HDMI cable. Problem solved. ;)

Simply put, your PS3 sends out signals, your screen shows the images.

Once this is set up (= the right cable between them in the right connection points) you can play anything.

Just made me wonder if we will get games soon where you need to see 3D and that you would not be able to play without 3D TV. Since you can show perspective in 2D seems not likely to happen to me.

You really should upgrade to an LCD tv. It's not that expensive to buy one these days. A decent LG 32" one should only cost a few hundred. And dont worry about all the 1080p/720p malarkey since at the moment only a handful of PS3 games use full HD. I own a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD tv and the difference between that and my old Bravia 32" - not full HD - tv is negligible. You only see the difference when watching blu-rays.

Hello dude,

It depends, if you do have a component cable, even European games will work on your 29" SDTV, but if you're using a standard video cable, you will only be able to play American and Japanese games. That's due to a difference in horizontal resolution between Euro and USA SDTV standards.

So you got two options: Buy a component cable ( they're quite cheap ), or buy a HDTV and a HDMI cable. Problem solved. ;)

I will buy an American PS3, and my TV is multi-system (NTSC;PAL-M;PAL-N)

Thanks for solving:)

Back