Please help my DS3!

• Thread starter Draggon
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
G_ASHER
I heard a rumor (from my gaming-literate son) that the DS4 will work on the PS3 console. I had GT5 running, so I plugged in my DS4 to the open usb port and fired up 2 player. It didn't work. The tragic part of this is that it has disabled the start and select buttons on my DS3. I tried 2 different worn out DS3's (start/select works), my current PS3 Super Slim as well as an old Fat model that had not been used it 5 years, and both GT5 and GT6. It's the controller itself that has the problem.

I'm lost as to what to do. I've reset the DS3 numerous times and it does not fix it. I googled and the results all seem to be issues with sticking buttons or a dirty controller. It was working great until I tried to connect the DS4.

Short of buying as many used DS3's as I can find until I get a good one. I'm out of ideas. I find it ludicrous that almost 90 million PS3's were sold, yet I can't find a new (or almost new) controller. I got a PS4 about 6 months after I bought my new Super Slim PS3 so my DS3 had very very little use.

I also read the thread about using the DS4 on the PS3 and it seems he has some sort of adaptor or wireless thingy. Where would I get that in the USA?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dual-shock-4-on-gt6.291564/page-3

You can get your DS4 to work only in the XMB in most cases, some games it will work, but otherwise your gonna need to modify your console to use other controllers (won’t divulge on how to do it). Though, with your DS3 issues it seems weird that would be the cause. Have you tried opening it up and seeing if the contacts are in tact or cleaned?

You can get your DS4 to work only in the XMB in most cases, some games it will work, but otherwise your gonna need to modify your console to use other controllers (won’t divulge on how to do it). Though, with your DS3 issues it seems weird that would be the cause. Have you tried opening it up and seeing if the contacts are in tact or cleaned?

Yes it's the weirdest thing you could imagine. I have the controller apart right now, but cannot get the battery unplugged to clean it. It certainly is not as easy as youtube shows. I've been pulling on the connector with pliers and it still won't budge.

I got a Magic-S adaptor from Amazon. Everything works when I plug the DS4 to the PS3, but it has a HUGE dead zone, and the controls feel really heavy. There are directions to adjust the dead zone, but it doesn't work. I'll try to update the software on the adaptor, hopefully that will help.

But seriously, it's as though having the DS4 and the DS3 connected at the same time has damaged something. My first thought was to unplug the battery, wait a bit, and plug it back in, but like I said above, that isn't working for me. :boggled:

Back